PDA

View Full Version : Extremely MAD!!! (a Rant)

HAHAyurDEAD
10-26-2008, 11:12 PM
So this morning I fire up my 360 and try to continue my game from last night and it freezes on the loading screen. I reboot and same thing happens. Not a real big deal. I was at 69% completion but luckily I had a backup file with a 54% completion. So I load that one up and continue playing. It backed me up about 3 hours worth of gameplay so my temperature is starting to rise. I played a little bit today and after dinner I go to continue my game from where I left off from a half an hour earlier and BAM, freezing on the loading screen. I rebooted my 'Box and the same thing happened. I was at 64% completion. Well learning my lesson from earlier, I tried my other save file at 60% completion and that one is also corrupted apparently. So now I have lost roughly 25 hours of gameplay due to the game freezing on the loading screen.... I am soooo pissed that this has happened. How could Ubisoft let this game out of the door with this problem.... Anybody have ideas on how maybe to fix this problem because I am NOT going to restart my game to ride around while random thugs come out of nowhere and wreck my jeep because that SH*T is getting really old.

Feyd 360
10-27-2008, 12:08 AM
same happens to me, i was at 54% and the load is corrupted, when i try to reload the save the console freezes...
Is there a way to recover it?

This game is horrible, and there is another bug, sometimes when you try to start a mission there is nobody to talk to...

Atarii
10-27-2008, 01:01 AM
@ OP

You had a save at 69% complete and a backup save file at 54% complete? Why such a large gap in completion %? It's easy to save after every mission. Just use save and continue.

Sorry about your luck with the save files though.

kikkoman
10-27-2008, 04:26 AM
wow that sucks thats why i keep like 5 save files and save after every mission or side mission

MrEastSide
10-27-2008, 06:07 AM
I also put a few separate saves on my memory card every couple hours in all my games.

Smugu
10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Hehe funny :d Thats why you make many saves not just one

ponypo2001
10-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Hope this doesn't happen to me and to the above poster,it's certainly NOT funny.We shouldn't need to constantly back up saves every 2 minutes.It's becoming far too prevelent for these games to have such crushing bugs and it's not on.

All I can suggest is the usual cache clearence etc that very occasionally helps with freezes and suchlike.If it's down to programming error though,short of a patch,it's stuck :/

DirtyMcHater
10-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Hehe funny :d Thats why you make many saves not just one

Well I really dislike cluttering up the save files.. I like to keep one or 2 (max) per playthrough, and only if necessary. Why can developers make a good game, instead of everyone always having to find a workaround glitches and bugs. It seems like most games coming out recently have some type of bogus glitch or bug, I mean this is getting out of hand already. Anyway I'm glad I read this, I got the game today so now I'm gonna have to start cluttering up the save files... :/

@ OP,

Thanks for letting us know.

Smugu
10-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Well I really dislike cluttering up the save files.. I like to keep one or 2 (max) per playthrough, and only if necessary. Why can developers make a good game, instead of everyone always having to find a workaround glitches and bugs. It seems like most games coming out recently have some type of bogus glitch or bug, I mean this is getting out of hand already. Anyway I'm glad I read this, I got the game today so now I'm gonna have to start cluttering up the save files... :/

@ OP,

Thanks for letting us know.

Well 2 saves is always enough and not too hard to manage.. Just remember to save to the other one regularly to keep it to date. Its good to have 2 saves because youll never know what happens.. My save files never corrupted on any game, but i still like to have a backup

oOThrissy
10-29-2008, 05:21 PM
sigh... happend to me aswell.
Got like 15 saves from 27% until 69%.
And about 7 of those save files i cant load anymore so i need to start over from 52% -.-"
Afther many hours i found all 221 diamonds and now i need to start over from 110 ^.^

bloodswan
10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow this is a pretty big problem and worse still it seems very widely spread. I am currently 27% complete but have found 110 diamonds and if I have to redo some of them I will be pissed. I have over 20 hours of gameplay invested into it already. I will just keep saving regularly on 3 or 4 files to try and minimalise what I have to redo.

I can't believe Ubisoft would release a game with such a big bug in it though.

mccloskey14
10-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I've only got one save file on 50%, with 8 hours of game play, maybe I should have some more backups, cause this seems as if a good 70% of people have got it.

Better safe than sorry.

NukeDukem
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
i keep a bazillion saves. today when i was playing, i accidentally killed a buddy whoi was out of my line of sight by throwing a grenade.. so i went to load the last save, no dice. not only that but on the second attempt to load it i got the bloody RROD. thanks ubi! who do i complain to

WilsonCakes
10-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Same happened here.

Taki...
10-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Must be something to do with reaching 69%. I had 4 different saves on 69 that all crashed when I tried to load them, luckily I still had one that was on 64. Anyway I'd suggest rotating 7 or 8 saves... just in case.

DemonI81
10-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Ya know... it's funny, in a kick-ubi-devs-in-the-balls kinda way... The Wii version of the first Far Cry had a point that my friend hit, in the high 60%, that the game just froze every time he walked through the next check point. He never finished it.
With all the people having this problem, you'd think the testers and/or devs would've had this problem at some point. Ubi has a horrible reputation for buggy games, they're like the Canadian EA, but they don't try to monopolize everything.

NukeDukem
10-30-2008, 04:23 AM
my 360 has started working again :confused::woop:

but i dont want to get back into the single player until this bug has been fixed, RRODs cannot be good for my console, the next one could be permanent. instead ive been playing with the map editor, which is ridiculously cool.

oOThrissy
10-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Must be something to do with reaching 69%. I had 4 different saves on 69 that all crashed when I tried to load them, luckily I still had one that was on 64. Anyway I'd suggest rotating 7 or 8 saves... just in case.

Yeah true, i only had problems with save files around the 69%.
Yeah it's bether to make some save files extra just to be sure.
Add the end i had like 40 save files :P just to be sure :Bounce: and finnaly i reached 100% :)

DefJamV
10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
I can't believe Ubisoft would release a game with such a big bug in it though.

I know, Ubi are one of the best and most for-the-fans of all devs. I am suprised they have let this gon on so long without a patch

Smugu
10-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Im getting scared now.. Maybe i should make even more saves : 10 should be enough..

SPRAYandPREYcom
10-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Please remain calm the WAAAABULANCE has been notified and is on its way ....

sch15m
10-31-2008, 08:27 PM
same thing happened to me with saints row, after 20 hours of gameplay!

BullZeye
10-31-2008, 08:59 PM
This only happened to me once,and then never again.
But it froze a few times ingame,while I was driving.But only a few times.

Evo Kazz
11-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Theres no need for 10 or 40 saves, just make 2 backups to memory unit. If you get glitched, then simply wipe your HDD saves and reload from MU, your MU will always be clean providing you save the 2 files regularly. Use save 1 as the clean one, and save 2 as the risk taker lol, always update save 2, and only overwrite save 1 when its clean and you know its clean.

Nibbles
11-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Same thing happened to me, and of course I'd run a bit over from my backup, not to much luckily.

Was on about 60%, but I think I might just start again anyway, as if you can't go back to the northern territory as I've read, I'm gonna need a second play through anyway, especially since I didn't subvert all the mission there.

That's what I get for not checking achievements beforehand.

bloodswan
11-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Ok it has just happened to me now half way during the 9th faction mission (Weelengol village). I have 10 saves just to be sure although that was probably overkill. It seems like it only happens fro mabout 58 - 69% game completion so my plan is to just go through a few missions unitl they are done and then I should be fine.

Is there anything I should do to make sure all my save files don't glitch?

SevDelta
11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Is there still no fix/way around this? I'm collecting all the diamonds right now but to have to get them all again would REALLY piss me off.

SevDelta
11-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Is there still no fix/way around this? I'm collecting all the diamonds right now but to have to get them all again would REALLY piss me off.

I'm at about 69-70% right now and I died on purpose and stuff and everything loaded fine. Am I clear?

OT: When collecting the diamonds, I did all the phone missions and main faction missions. Now all I need to do are obtain all the diamonds scattered around the area right?

W1re
11-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Can't go more than 10 meters? Hah what game are you playing? And about not going into northern territory, have you actually tried? To answer, yeah, you can go back into the north after you get taken into the southern territory.

xRogue 5x
11-04-2008, 05:46 AM
There seems to be a shitty trend happening in gaming today. That trend is well launch day is here but wait our game isn't ready yet...fuck it...release the game and we'll fix it later via patches. And thats only if there is a big enough bitch about it.

I am sick and tired of companies half assing crap out the door and fixing it later.

Stop shipping broken games you asshats!

Riverpatrol
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
****** Safe to read until SPOILER ******

It's a bit more complicated than just corrupting saves, in my game, I loaded 88% and when I saved @92% everything seemed fine. I died and it refused to load the 92%. No prob, I loaded the 88%.... and here's the kicker. EVERY save I try to 'make' now refuses to load, doesn't matter if I use multiple slots. All saves 88% and before are fine.
It means I have to play 88% to end. Not as bad as some of you other peeps here, just extremely odd.

UPDATE:

****** SPOILER ******

at 88%, the mission is to pick between senior leadership of both Factions, when I just shot one of them in the NE and then returned to the main town to get the guy in the HQ my game would not save or load properly. As a long shot I killed both in the NE and now my game saves and loads correctly.
Perhaps this will help someone else.

bloodswan
11-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Damn that save glitch! I was so sick of restarting that I just finished the game in one turn from 62% right up to 100%. Apart from the glitch though I really enjoyed the story mode. One of the best single player shooters of the year imo. Shame about multi-player, except the map editor which is great but the problem is that it doesn't matter how good a map is if the multi-player gameplay generally sucks.

Talinth
11-05-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty much in the start of the game, have to complete it by friday ( trading it in for GoW2 ) So if one of my saves ends up corrupted, i just stop playing

Ka1n007
11-06-2008, 04:21 AM
sev with this game your never clear i was on 92 percent when my save froze and my back up was at 84 and had a dead friend lol so yea the glitch only happens when you die and it triesto load your last save or when your turn it on to resume play from before.. so try NOT TO DIE, both mine happened after i died coming back in. I actually had 2 saves corrupt so nobody is safe. So glad im done with this buggy pos

loverman529
11-06-2008, 03:47 PM
now i am really p****d off, got 3 save files, all above 80 & 90% not 1 file will load xbox just crashes, and there is no way i am gonna start a new file, really got me angry now, was near the end :( such a good game and i was enjoying it so much, tryed to load em with update and without update and still no look

Satyr Slayer
11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I use about five saves after a mission i move down the list alternating each one

bloodswan
11-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeh that sucks loverman529. That is why I completed the game in one turn from 62% to 100%. I had about 50 save files in the end and only a handfull worked so I just decided to finally finish it. It actually didn't take that long, maybe 3 - 4 hours. I was really enjoying the game until the save glitch and well I still enjoyed it at the end but the constant fear of my loads crashing took away some of the fun.

twozero3six
11-09-2008, 04:23 AM
Same thing happened to me at exactly 69%, fortunantly I'd accidently created a spare save 30 minutes earlier. I've also had the game freeze more than a couple of times which I find frustrating, though I am on a RRoD-certified launch console. For such a highly anticipated title, this has been a major let down thanks to bugs and glitched achievements.

Cashaddi
11-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Is there a way to avoid this glitch, or will we have to wait until Ubi does something..?

666priest
11-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Same thing happened to me, I had to kill the two leaders or just kill one and kill the other guy in the town. I decided to load the file during the mission and the files were corrupt.
So in my case the key number is 69%, anything after that and the file is corrupt, so I will have to beat the game in one shot from 69%. Also does anyone know how to make your buddies rescue ready, I'm going to need it since I have to beat the game in one shot. Thank you.

Cashaddi
11-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Just pause your game and on the bottom of the page it'll say if your second best buddy is ready for rescue... or not :P

EDIT:

Don't think you actually have to talk to them in one of your safe houses...

Axe Argonian
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Thank you for telling me this. I was really looking forward to buying this, but now I'm not going to even take the chance of a game-ending crash.

However, to fix this problem, you guys should e-mail Ubisoft technical support ASAP. Be as mature and professional as possible. If all of you guys e-mail Ubisoft about this problem, they'll most likely fix the problem.

Please, e-mail Ubisoft to fix this glitch. :)

Cashaddi
11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Thank you for telling me this. I was really looking forward to buying this, but now I'm not going to even take the chance of a game-ending crash.

However, to fix this problem, you guys should e-mail Ubisoft technical support ASAP. Be as mature and professional as possible. If all of you guys e-mail Ubisoft about this problem, they'll most likely fix the problem.

Please, e-mail Ubisoft to fix this glitch. :)

It's no bug, it's a feature...

It's called "Hidden Replay Value" XD

ao4real
11-14-2008, 07:11 PM
This is a real disgrace, and a real lack of disregard for its customers demonstrated by ubisoft, and they must not be allowed to get away with it. I parted with my hard earned cash and bought this game only for it to be freezing after 4 per cent completion. I have restarded the game so many times, and get the same problem, and i am now glad to say i simply threw the game in the bin, as to me that is the only suitable place for it. I ask all people here to think of ways to petition ubisoft and let them know what they are doing is daylight robbery.