PDA

View Full Version : Can i still get the Third Faction achievement?

NukeDukem
10-27-2008, 04:27 AM
near the start of the game i lost my 'second best buddy' without realising it. he shows up as abandoned in the pause menu. does anybody know; does this mean the Third Faction achievement for rescuing all the buddies from their respective predicament is now locked to me on this play through? that would be supremely annoying

cheers

bizarrobryann
10-27-2008, 04:39 AM
this did not exactly happen to me, but it relates to the question so if anyone has an answer to this question as well id appreciate it...

all my buddies died at mikes i assume when i went to act 2, but i was never given the oppurtunity to save everyone. however the ones that i was offered, ie through subverting missions i did do successfully. the only problem is that only your best buddy subverts the missions, so i only saved him everytime. did i miss something or will i get the achievement for saving my best buddy every time he was going to die. also, after i killed that guys dad and took his ring i was sent back to talk to him and he told me he sent my buddy to goka falls to do something, and i looked and he was "mercy killed." is this supposed to happen? if not thats pretty dumb that i was never even given the oppurtunity to save him

darkeyes2k7
10-27-2008, 11:34 PM
hey, i think by respective predicaments, it means as in when you save your buddys from their FIRST danger, like when a faction says for you to find this person that is being held, or you find one of those buddys out in the wild on their own and they need healing etc, you are saving them from their predicament.

so hence, i think it doesnt link to saving your Best Buddy, its just when you first meet your buddy, you save them. as for the ones that you automatically get (i am in act 2 and have 2 buddies which were already there) i am not so sure, maybe something will come up.

sorry if this was no help, just giving an opinion lol

NukeDukem
10-28-2008, 12:13 AM
you could be right man. it could also mean save them in the first place like you said, and then complete their personal sidequests that they send you on.. god knows at this point, maybe the fella with the prima guide can shed some light on this. my problem is it was the first second-best buddy youre introduced to that i lost, and i did no missions involving him at all :( think its probably locked for me this time round

Ka1n007
10-28-2008, 08:54 AM
*spoiler alert***

I think hes right bc eventually those buddies get nuked anyway and you cannot stop it

darkeyes2k7
10-28-2008, 09:06 AM
***spoiler alert***

well thats what i thought, i tried like 5 times to keep my buddies alive when you choose either mikes bar or church and they still died so i presumed its when you first meet them, if i get the achievement then it must be save them first time :)