PDA

View Full Version : Star Power on Drums?

fuzzy510
10-27-2008, 05:32 AM
What are people's opinions on using Star Power on drums? I don't own the game or the new drum kit (yet), but from when I was playing it a week or so ago, I thought it was flat-out impossible to use; the only time I managed to get it to work when there was anything to play, I had to break my combo because I spent a good three or four seconds pounding on the cymbals.

That, and I can't even figure out how to use it on the Rock Band drums, which are likely going to be the drums I use, barring a large sack of money falling out of the sky.

Thoughts?

Iv VeNoM vI
10-27-2008, 05:58 AM
What are people's opinions on using Star Power on drums? I don't own the game or the new drum kit (yet), but from when I was playing it a week or so ago, I thought it was flat-out impossible to use; the only time I managed to get it to work when there was anything to play, I had to break my combo because I spent a good three or four seconds pounding on the cymbals.

That, and I can't even figure out how to use it on the Rock Band drums, which are likely going to be the drums I use, barring a large sack of money falling out of the sky.

Thoughts?

I like the star power for drums you just have ti do it quickly at a pause.

Bravo
10-27-2008, 07:26 AM
on RB Drums Hit the Yellow and Blue Pads at the same time, only problem is that it will mess up your multiplayer =/

Jaster Mereel04
10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
honestly besides my red pad on the GHWT drums breaking, i hate the star power activator, completely breaks my multiplier. Bad way to implement it, i think they should have done a double crash whenever you have star power every so often. But other than that, game seems solid.

P.S. The rock band drums work a whole lot better on the game than the GHWT drums do, do yourself a favor, get the game if you have the RB2 drums and get the cymbals for the RB2 set.

shepk9
10-27-2008, 11:13 PM
I think it is a horrible way to activate star power. I find myself thinking when am I supposed to hit these cymbols without breaking my streak. I can see why Rock Band went with drum fills makes more sense

mailmanchris
10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I found on Medium it wasn't a problem. But on Hard or Expert drums, you never get enough of a break to be able to pull it off without breaking your streak. Or you wait til you finally get a pause but you really wanna use the star power when you're going good and have a lot of notes coming.

Also worth noting, combined drum hits only count as 1 on the streak (as compared to RB where they keep accurate count of each strike-pedal included)

Has anyone with the GH drumset thought about posting a video of the drum tutorial on youtube?

since those of us using the RB drum kit cannot do the tutorial (which is a chickens... move on the part of RO).

Matrarch
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Does anyone else find that the RB1 drums seem to read much better in GHWT? My drums have been registering double notes for a long while on RB so I can never get a decent multiplyer. With the same drum kit I've been able to get 500-600 note streaks pretty easily. o_O

I'm not a fan of the star power activation method. I honestly am just lazy I guess, since what I really miss is being able to take a break during songs while the drum fill section passes by. :)

Mercutio111
11-12-2008, 11:34 PM
I've just been playing with some friends to get the multi ach's and didnt find it any problem to get any with the rock band kit. just do it on an easier difficulty and wait till the drummer says go before everyone rocks out, didnt break my multiplier!