PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 9 ... Battery Help

Lord of Orion
10-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Sorry if this is a double post, but I posted this almost 30 minutes ago, and it hasn't shown up on the forums yet!

In chapter 9 at the end of the chapter, you are supposed to put a battery into a slot to start an elevator up. I get to there and the door gets locked behind me and there is no battery to put into the lock. Am I missing it or what? I even went back and was going to carry a battery from earlier in the chapter and it wouldn't let me bring it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

OldBayFries
10-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Sorry if this is a double post, but I posted this almost 30 minutes ago, and it hasn't shown up on the forums yet!

In chapter 9 at the end of the chapter, you are supposed to put a battery into a slot to start an elevator up. I get to there and the door gets locked behind me and there is no battery to put into the lock. Am I missing it or what? I even went back and was going to carry a battery from earlier in the chapter and it wouldn't let me bring it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hmmm. Is there an area where an elevator is? Also is there a power wire from where the battery should be to another area with a battery. I'm trying to remember.

Lord of Orion
10-27-2008, 08:06 PM
I will describe in detail where I am at:

I am at the part where you finish up in the engine room. From there, you follow the path and go to Hammond, who gets killed by the brute. After that, you follow the path and it takes you into a hallway that locks behind you and leads you to an elevator without a battery. You are supposed to place a battery in the slot, but there is no battery in the hallway and I cannot take a different battery from another place in the chapter.

Hope that helps to anyone that can help me!

*UPDATE* I guess there are some other people that are having this issue as well after I have checked the forums on EA's website. Looks like it might just be a glitch in the game. I will check it out and see if there is any "orange" smoke by it, but for the most part, there is just a bunch of fires scattered throughout the hallway and the intercom keeps telling me something about the fuel storage.

Big Daddy xNL
10-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Do you meen the elevator near de orange smoke?
Then you can find a battery in the smoke

Toasty411
10-28-2008, 02:10 AM
You gotta use the battery that powered that elevator and take it to the other side.

Lord of Orion
10-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I will do some more searching around, but the only battery that I saw and could try to move was before the barracks and there was an "invisible" wall that prevent me from bringing the battery with me, even though I could fit through the same spot that I was bringing it.

BlueWolf
10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Its the same battery you used to open the door in the first place, remove it from the cargo lift down and carry it through the fires and place it back near the lift, you originally took it from.

After you leave the engine room and take the lift back up, its behind you

SuperGaz
10-28-2008, 04:34 PM
this sound like abit of a pain im currently working through chapter 8 hopefully this can get solved. I knew dead space was too good to be true.

Lest we forget it was made by EA lol

Seany Show
10-28-2008, 04:58 PM
You guys are all getting confused as the battery with all the fire around and where you have to take it from one elevator to the next is in chapter7.The place where Lord of Orion is talking about is on chapter 9 on the other ship.Im not sure about the glitch as am now on my 3rd way through and am yet to experience it yet but am just on chapter 8 so will be going through your problem in abit so hopefully I can help some more in awhile.

Angel Fire 42
10-28-2008, 05:18 PM
If this is the elevator that breaks when you get to it there is a power unit at the end of the hall. You need to kill some aliens (4 or 5) before taking the battery to power the elevator. At least I think that is where you are.

Lord of Orion
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
This is the voice message that continues to play and where it plays:

"Warning: Catastrophic Fuel Containment Failure ... evacuate the vessel immediately!"

It is when you are on the other ship that crashes into the Ishamura and you board it to get the engine cell thing. After you grab that, you go down and see Hammond killed. Then you kill a Brute and are supposed to go through a door and then take an elevator down in order to get to the Zero-G room that gets you back to the Ishamura

I hope that helps because I have no idea what is going on, but I am thinking that I am just going to send this game back and play it at a different date. I really don't want to have to play through another 8 hours to get to Impossible mode and then still have to do all the upgrade achievements and such. Thanks!

Seany Show
10-28-2008, 06:58 PM
This is the voice message that continues to play and where it plays:

"Warning: Catastrophic Fuel Containment Failure ... evacuate the vessel immediately!"

It is when you are on the other ship that crashes into the Ishamura and you board it to get the engine cell thing. After you grab that, you go down and see Hammond killed. Then you kill a Brute and are supposed to go through a door and then take an elevator down in order to get to the Zero-G room that gets you back to the Ishamura

I hope that helps because I have no idea what is going on, but I am thinking that I am just going to send this game back and play it at a different date. I really don't want to have to play through another 8 hours to get to Impossible mode and then still have to do all the upgrade achievements and such. Thanks!

When I did that bit about 30mins ago the battery was right infront of the elevator door on the floor just waiting to be put into the socket.I am not sure why it isnt there for you as their would be noway you could miss that battery.Their has got to be something wrong with your save I am afraid to say dude.

Lord of Orion
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Yup ... I guess that just means that I need to send the game back to Gamefly ... when I have some ambition, I will re-rent it and finish it because this is just crap that it would do that.

THANKS AGAIN, EA FOR MAKING SUCH A "QUALITY" GAME! (Really Good story, don't get me wrong, but still some kinks to work out in my mind!)

BlueWolf
10-29-2008, 09:40 AM
ah I know where you are now, yesah the battery shoots out as you make a run for it, it should be right in front of you

Rouliot
11-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Hope your problem's been solved by now, one way or another, but I've just had the same missing battery issue, and when I went through the whole level from the start (actually, from the end of Level 8) the battery appeared all right in front of the elevator - right in the middle of the corridor, definitely impossible to miss, definitely not there the first time.

A Republican 11
02-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Im having the same problem, I am on my 2nd playthrough for the maxed out achievement, and I am about 5 nodes away from getting it. If I have to start over I will not be happy.

RickyMcG
02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
I had your exact problem Oreon, I did have a thread regarding this but Im unsure as to what page it has dropped to now. This 'glitch' I found seems to have something to do with stepping onto where you need to obtain that item after smashing each electric box. If you do not smash one, and end up stepping on there..It seems this glitch occurs, for some unknown reason. But then again it is EA..Fortunately, I had a seperate save just near the Z-ball, and had to run through for about 45 minutes until I reached the same point, and thankfully the battery was there. Just a note to anyone, which is extremely helpful and could help if this does occur. be sure to make 3 saves (Beginning of Chapter, During the chapter, all saves throughout the chapter on here, and the End of Chapter) There are plenty of save slots, so make use of them. This way, you can go back if any bugs appear and will save you a LOT of playtime if you have to run through again because of it. I hope when you next rent it you have a save at the beginning of that chapter! :)