PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bit confused (Help?)

ABKillaKlown
10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I may look like an idiot posting this, but I just want to make sure I'm clear before I pick up the game tomorrow. I've read every thread possible on the subject, but I'm still not 100% clear on how you obtain each karma achievement during 1 playthrough. If someone could explain it nice and slow for me, that'd be great :)

Ry Fryy
10-27-2008, 08:00 PM
I haven't played this yet but if it works like most games where you can go evil/good then it will be determined by your actions. An example would be where you have a choice to save someone (which would yield good karma) or just walk away (resulting in bad karma). I could be wrong but I feel it's a safe assumption.

ABKillaKlown
10-27-2008, 08:11 PM
I haven't played this yet but if it works like most games where you can go evil/good then it will be determined by your actions. An example would be where you have a choice to save someone (which would yield good karma) or just walk away (resulting in bad karma). I could be wrong but I feel it's a safe assumption.

I'm pretty clear as far as how karma is given, I'm just not sure how people can get the good, bad, and neutral achievement through a single playthrough. People just say you have to save a lot, but I don't understand how people use saves to go back and change their karma and keep it throughout the rest of the game. For instance, in the Achievement Discussion thread, someone posted this:

can do all on first playthrough just save before each level way easier too be good then save and become evil or neutral before you go up in rank

I don't get it, lol.

MrGonza
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
well, you get a Karma meter in your pipboy telling you if you are a saint/devil etc, stealing and the rest means bad karma, but doing good things gives good karma.

The way i did it was always do good things, when i reach lvl 7 and 3/4 make a save, continue on until i get to lvl8 with good karma, load up my old lvl 7 & 3/4 save and kill a few innocent people to get a neutral karma, then go kill bad guys to get upto lvl 8.
then obviously go kill a shedload of innocent people to get it to bad karma....

You get XP points still for killing innocent people, so if you think you will reach lvl 8 before you get a bad karma rating then just go and try hacking into someones computer that they own or steal something from their house a load of times, something that doesnt give you xp.

sorry, im not the best at explaining things, but i hope this helps.

ABKillaKlown
10-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah that definitely helped out and put things in perspective, I appreciate it. And most likely when I have the game in front of me, I'll understand the method more once I see how the game works.

MrGonza
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
yeah definitely, the best tip i can give you is SAVE SAVE SAVE.
keep making fresh saves, dont overwrite your old ones, you never know when you've messed something up or have to go back, its better than starting the game all over again.
I must be on something like 150+ gamesaves so far :eek:

laundryman
10-27-2008, 09:21 PM
From what I've herd, the achievement is given when you reach level 20 or whatever it is for the Achievement.

Now, I believe this can either go 2 ways.

1: You have to do multiple playthroughs and have mostly +/- karma.

2: You save at the level just before the Achievement, and then you do a quest that involves a choice of karma. Pick which one you don't want to be permanent, complete the quest, rank up, and re-load your save to do it again but with the other karma option.

I believe that could happen because the Achievement says "Reach level X with good/bad karma".

This could mean that you have to get the level by achieving +/- karma, or you have to have a higher % of +/- karma opposed to the other (+/-)

Sorry if it's hard to understand, but that's the best I could word it.