PDA

View Full Version : 30X Kill Achievements Question

UK Mylo
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Was wondering if anyone knows the following?

1. Do kills carry round from previous games? IE If I got 29 Kills with the Flamethrower and I use the "Cleared" save game, do I need to get just 1 kill for the achievement or get 30 on that run through?

2. Do melee kills count if you melee kill an enemy while they are in stasis? I only ask cause it seems like I've melee killed TONNES of em, but no still cheve....

DarkElf2112
10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
*Mild Spoiler Alert* Don't read if you haven't gotten to Chapter 12 and don't want to know anything at all about it!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

Personally, upon arriving back at the colony in Chapter 12 I got all of my weapon kills. Here's how:

1. Go inside the building and save your main game that you'll want to continue of course.

2. Sell everything but the weapon you want to work on and buy a bunch of ammo for that weapon as well as enough nodes to max (or nearly max) that weapon. You should have already maxed out the Plasma Cutter and gotten it's kills already, it's worth 105,000 alone when maxed. You also should have grabbed the Peng statue (30,000) just before getting to this chapter. Saving here is convienient since a store and bench are right here.

3. Go through the level. There are plenty of enemies as you guide the marker along and you should have your kills around the time you face the door flanked by the wall necromorphs. If you don't, no worries. They give "birth" to those nasty single tentacle things endlessly. They are easy to kill and each one counts as a legit kill. Just hide behind the crates between the necros and the store there.

4. Once you pop the achievement, quit out and reload your save. Go to the next weapon and repeat. Most weapons go fast but the Flamthrower and Contact Beam seen to take longer. When done pick up your save and finish the game. You still can get the One Gun achievement if you were working on it because your save has no record of you using any other weapon. Good Luck!