PDA

View Full Version : To all who got an early copy of this game

L0nni3
10-28-2008, 03:41 AM
First: You all deserve ATTABOYS/Girls.
It is released on the 360 tomorrow and I am shitting myself with anticipation. So I must know Will I piss myself with joy when I take Fable the disappointment out of my console and put in Fallout 3?

Ps. Please no "Stealing the game is wrong" comments this is not about the moral compass of gamers nowadays it is about how good Fallout 3 is.

RTyPE9
10-28-2008, 03:48 AM
I've had the game on my PS3 since this past weekend, and although I didn't put a whole lotta time into Fable 2, I haven't touched my 360 since.

IMO, this game rocks. Don't get too disappointed at the slow start, cuz once it gets going, and you'll know when it does, it gets going........

FALLOUT 3 FTW, until Gears 2:uzi:

AIsNotOK
10-28-2008, 05:58 AM
I've enjoyed the game quite a lot. I've beat the main quest lines and all sub quests and now I'm having fun going to all the places I've missed and looking to get the 100 or so achievement points I'm missing. I thought it was Oblivion with guns but when did that turn into a bad thing. I've never played the first two games so I had no expectations on this one. It's not perfect but I haven't been this engrossed with a game since Bioshock. Buy it? Maybe not I put a week into it and once I find 2 more bobble heads I'll be done. A solid rental though....Funny you mentioned I just booted up Fable 2 :-) Guess we'll see...

FascistCat
10-28-2008, 06:49 AM
I agree, this game did turn out to be Oblivion with guns. Many would say that it's not a bad thing, but then again, many would. I was a fan of the original two games of the series and I must say, the 'feel' of the game hasn't much changed. They certainly did some research of the old Fallouts before making this game. I never cared much for Oblivion, but being the Fallout fan that I am, I was still able to become emerged in to this game.

Pros: The VATS system is amazing (still), the leveling system and perks are just as amazing (still), it looks a hell of a lot better than Oblivion (though I must say, everyone looks like the same person with the exception of a few key characters), and Bethesda grew some balls and gave the game the proper language and gore content (however extreme).

Cons: Once again, you are free to pick up EVERYTHING in the game (not knowing what you may or may not need in the future and easily becoming over-loaded), Bethesda has claimed otherwise, but I got the feeling I didn't need to level before heading straight to the end of the game (though I'm sure it makes it much easier), and most importantly - in Fallout 3, you lose karma whenever you pick, hack, or steal anything...no matter what. In the previous Fallouts, you had to be caught...meaning you could do missions for the bad guys, then turn around and turn them in and still be the hero.

collapsedbeef
10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I got an early copy
but I got a legit copy

x Quikbaud x
10-28-2008, 07:49 PM
i'm looking forward to this as i had like 6 games in my GameQ and all of the are new releases so they are all low. lucky for me as soon as Fallout 3 became available it got shipped!!

L0nni3
10-29-2008, 12:42 AM
I got the game today and I must say it is very good. I am very glad I bought the special edition of this game. Though, it is almost oblivion with guns. But, that is a great thing and is the reason I bought the game.

ultraBDS
10-29-2008, 04:50 AM
I got the game today. Didn't play the original 2 fallout games, however I love this game.

xandura
10-29-2008, 07:17 AM
if u liked oblivion u gonna fall in love with this one

as simple as that