PDA

View Full Version : Doom available now

Crash
09-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Doom is available on Live Arcade for 800 points.

Mr Arrow
09-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Is it the original Doom?

aPerfektFIaw
09-27-2006, 07:58 PM
wow that came out of nowhere....

so anybody know when totemball and dig dug and lumines are coming?

Spartan
09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm now officially pissed off! :mad:

My 360 is out for repairs, I have 5 games sitting here I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, and now Doom gets released in the arcade and I can't play it yet! :mad:

DisturbedDan
09-27-2006, 08:52 PM
whoa.... where did this come from?

Im a Manatee
09-27-2006, 08:53 PM
WTF? 800 points? I could go buy Ultimate Doom collection in a jewel case for $4.99. I'm not paying $10 for that.

Fonkey Monkey
09-27-2006, 08:56 PM
i might get the demo or soemthin, never really was a big doom fan i think its highly overrated.
nonetheless i have doom for snes,ps1, and xbox:p.
side note~ this is a classic game, a 'coin-op classic'...why doesnt it have the same price as all of the others???

aPerfektFIaw
09-27-2006, 09:46 PM
probably because its not quite as classic as joust, scramble, or frogger... its the generation AFTER such i guess....

plus it has split screen co-op, online co-op with up to 4 people, online deathmatch... the game is significantly longer than most classics... that would be my guess

L3giOn
09-27-2006, 10:08 PM
WTF? 800 points? I could go buy Ultimate Doom collection in a jewel case for $4.99. I'm not paying $10 for that.

Yeah, but Ultimate Doom doesn't have achievements now does it? :p

aPerfektFIaw
09-27-2006, 10:49 PM
check out my doom achievement guide if you need any help

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10056

Krazie
09-28-2006, 04:00 AM
This was the most random thing I've seen on XBLA.. I dont think anyone even heard this was in development for the Arcade. Good job Microsoft, you guys should do this more often, nice element of surprise.. Will definitely be getting this! Sure $10 seems steep, but I gotta get it to keep my collection strong!

aPerfektFIaw
09-28-2006, 04:26 AM
hahaha yeaaa as soon as i saw the thread title, $10 just vanished outta my pocket before i had time to blink... and i didnt even open the thread, I just jumped right on :woop:

hope everyone found the achievement guide useful

Smokez
09-28-2006, 05:20 AM
I didnt realy like this game :(

Darkshroud
09-28-2006, 05:23 AM
I didn't like this game .... what a waste of grahics .... please what ever you do don't get it ......

Kif
09-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Bought it, played it, glad I did.

I'll be straight up; I was born after the Doom phenomenon hit it's peak, so I was never too into it. Buying it tonight (This morning? I'm in the UK) was pretty fun, and I completed Episode 1. Also got Nightmare after a few tries.

Plus it's quite unique for Xbox Live.

P1NSEEKER
09-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Online deathmatch is gonna be great fun :D

IMportdreams95
09-28-2006, 02:07 PM
I didn't like this game .... what a waste of grahics .... please what ever you do don't get it ......

Well, its obvious that you didn't play it for the PC. It's the same damn game, what was you expecting when you paid your $10? doom one with new graphics? That is why it is in the Arcade section, it brings back to life the older games... doesnt make them better..

Anyways i love this game, i have always been a fan of DOOM they did a really great job with surprising everyone. The Co-op is awesome, deathmatch kicks ass, and the game play still awesome. Thats why i paid $10 with out any question.

It would be so awesome if they made "Duke Nukem" that was a big PC game that i played and loved..

P1NSEEKER
09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Amen to that!

Duke Nukem FTW! :D

hexdsl
09-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Dudes, i played doom when it was first released on my old 386 and it was so slow i had to turn the graphics down to look like wolfenstein, and even now playing it on my pad ion front of the telly, i remember how i felt the first time i played it..... it was fab then and its fab now, its great to see that uncle gates is thinking of us ;) - anyway this opens the door for loads more great classics to come onto Arcade... and im imopressed as hell with how they kets it quiet.... thanks bill! - we love it! - its well worth the $10 or whatever it was because its a classic and its one of the most important games in FPS history, also, its simple fun for people who love gameplay not graphics, its not all about the bling lads, its about having a good time, and for me doom does that, better than most!

Carl Showalter
09-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Wasnt much of a build up to this release huh? I was just on comparing games and i s dooms on their list i thought were the hell did this come from. Well im getting it anyway, too young to remember it, old enough to apreciate and enjoy it.

pjohn
09-29-2006, 04:50 AM
i was excited when i doom was added. hopefully it does well & they'll think about duke nukem or even wolfenstein in the future *crosses fingers*

Flea
09-29-2006, 09:42 AM
I nearly got it,
but changed my mind as ive got doom for the ps1 which i dont play,
Im not being more cautious with what games i buy,
after regretting getting cack arcade games like frogger.

Muta32
09-29-2006, 10:43 AM

boooooooooi you crazy!:Bounce:

It's a classic. If the graphics were upgraded to something like cloning clyde or outpost graphics then it would totally be not worth it, but old doom is AWESOME

On another note, does anyone know if Doom II is gonna come out?

Monsterbox
09-29-2006, 06:05 PM
On another note, does anyone know if Doom II is gonna come out?

I don't know, but I'm certainly holding out hope. Double-barrel shotty for the win!

I wasted so much of my life with Doom and it's offspring. Love to get the chance to play it again. And with voice chat over XBox Live, it's like everything you wished Doom could be back in the day. Finally, someone brings something back from my youth and makes it better instead of making it suck. Thanks Live Arcade guys!

jab1981
10-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Not to mention the fact that co-op play is awesome. Gotta spread the co-op love.

I remember hooking up our two PCs over the old modem to play these. The only difference now is that you can chat while you play! What a nostalgia trip, I love this game. Best XBox Live Arcade title so far imo.

Here's hoping for Wolf3d or Doom2 to follow. Though I'd really like to see Monkey Island or some such LucasFilm/LucasArts title appear, surely that won't ever happen.

Blue Spatula
10-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I will definately have to buy this

Maka
10-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Saying it's the best arcade game is a little overexaggerated....

Marble Blast Is, and always will be...

sicksam1984
10-07-2006, 12:47 PM
ive never seen a coin operated version of doom...

singingbush
10-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Saying it's the best arcade game is a little overexaggerated....

Marble Blast Is, and always will be...

No way, Marble Blast is good but Geometry Wars has got to be the best xbla game. I bought Doom and am looking forward to playing multiplayer, but not had time yet.

aPerfektFIaw
10-08-2006, 11:23 PM
once Castlevania: SotN is added... you will all be changing your tune :nana