PDA

View Full Version : Not used to this type of gameplay

collapsedbeef
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I got Fallout 3 because alot of people said it would be awesome, the video and picture content on the web and what I read about the story line interested me.

I knew I was getting a game that "played like half-life" where it's first person (3rd person looks stupid). I usually avoid games in this interface but decided to break from the mold and give it a try.

M main problem is for aiming and such I wait till I'm dead center on something instead of just shooting immediately when I know [enemy] will take damage. Are their any tips to make the game play easy to get into and enjoyable?

collapsedbeef
10-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Really?
Out of the 97 people who read this, no one can think of anything:confused:

laundryman
10-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Well, if you got it thinking it would be like Half-life, that's your first mistake.

It's an RPG with action elements, so you have to get used to it. It's not a run 'n gun. Use V.A.T.S. It's pretty helpful.

collapsedbeef
10-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I compared it to Half-Life because of the way you control your character.

RTyPE9
10-28-2008, 07:31 PM
V.A.T.S is your best friend in the game when you first start off. My recommendation is to use that as much you can, and once you get used to where the most damage occurs per enemy type aim there when not using V.A.T.S. My initial problem was the targeting reticule was too small but believe me you get used to it. Also, this is not the type of game where you can just stand and aim, if you can make use of a duck and shoot technique or when you get used to the aiming, a lot of run and shoot.

As always it helps to have great Big or Small Gun skills, as they allow more damage. If shooting isn't working, give you melee weapons a try. The enemies in the beginning are fairly slow and I was able to take out the Super Mutants with blows 3-5 with the Chinese Sword....

That's all the advice I have...good luck.

Shinobi273
10-28-2008, 07:35 PM
I compared it to Half-Life because of the way you control your character.

Is there another way to control your character? Controller layout and interface doesn't change much between every game ever made. If it was different, I'm sure you could change the settings to what you prefer.

scooke87
10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
As always it helps to have great Big or Small Gun skills, as they allow more damage. If shooting isn't working, give you melee weapons a try. The enemies in the beginning are fairly slow and I was able to take out the Super Mutants with blows with the Chinese Sword.....

I'm going to lie, that sounds fun and kinda dangerous. That would be awesome to try!