PDA

View Full Version : Ending 2nd run thru or not ?

Capt Jawbreaker
10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Ok,so I read that most peeps method of doing this is first to play thru on easy ( for the 1 gun ach ) and then a 2nd time on easy again to mop up all the other ach untill you get them all at 850 g .
Now once I get 850 g can I just end the game at whatever point I am at in my 2nd run thru and start Impossible to get my Epic Tier 3 Engineer and get my final 150 g ?
Thanks and sorry if this has been posted before.

Lord of Orion
10-28-2008, 10:30 PM
There is a "Roadmap to 1000" guide on here that describes that you should get the majority if not all but the "Epic Engineer" achievement in the 1.5 playthroughs of the game. Focus on beating the game on impossible rather than going for all the weapon kill achievements as you might not get enough ammo or credits to use them all.

spitefac3
10-29-2008, 03:50 AM
you might want to finish your 2nd run because i heard if do, you will be able to use the millitary suit on impossible. im not 100% sure but thats what ive read.

CORPSE CRISIS
10-29-2008, 03:56 AM
I did it this way
1st beat the game gutting out all rooms for nodes and logs you should get 735 in 1st play through
and beat the game with the plasma cutter to get that achieve whily still looking for nodes this 2nd run through should be quicker as u are familar with things you should have 156ish nodes after 2 good playthrough to have 850 in the game.

Fizzmatix
10-29-2008, 04:42 AM
The way i played this was to do 1 run on easy to get the 1 gun achievement but i recommend doing the one gun achievement on impossible as using just one gun to conserve ammo e.g plasma cutter as it's cheap and easy to get more ammo for.

While doing that just do the rest of the achievements on easy around 1 or 2 playthoughs just to do the full upgrades and such. If your worried about ammo impossible mode isn't the mode to do the 30 kills with each gun, well not in my opinion seeing as ammo is scarce as it is but you can buy 200 rounds of plasma cutter ammo where as most other guns you will get about 50 rounds.

Just a hint, on the end of impossible i managed to do the last 2 chapters with 700 rounds of ammo after sending a few semiconductors and the peng.

UK Mylo
10-29-2008, 05:49 AM
you might want to finish your 2nd run because i heard if do, you will be able to use the millitary suit on impossible. im not 100% sure but thats what ive read.

Tis true! I can 100% confirm it! I finished my second run (for 1 gun) using the military suit and have got the military suit when I started on impossible.

lingenfelser
10-29-2008, 05:45 PM
My method was to play on Medium (normal) difficulty to get One-Gun and Log Achievements.
Than on the 2nd playthrough use the CLEARED save on Medium difficulty again to go for weapon Achievements.
I only have the FlameThrower, Maxed Out and Impossible.

Been having a helluva time trying to get the Flame Thrower one though,
even with it maxed out it seems to be highly ineffective? And I've been using the RB Alt Fire as well.
Anybody know of any particular necromrph it works well against???
I know it's completely useless against the darker 'morphs.

bjh_27
10-29-2008, 06:01 PM
the flame thrower seems rubbish to me, but a good idea is shooting off the legs of the necromorphs then flaming them to finish them off - don't recommend using only the flame thrower...

lingenfelser
10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
the flame thrower seems rubbish to me, but a good idea is shooting off the legs of the necromorphs then flaming them to finish them off - don't recommend using only the flame thrower...

Thanks, bjh_27, I found this out after my 1st playthrough.
But, I still find myself fumbling to change from the PC to Flamethrower
unless I had already used stasis on 'em.

UK Mylo
10-29-2008, 07:51 PM
My method was to play on Medium (normal) difficulty to get One-Gun and Log Achievements.
Than on the 2nd playthrough use the CLEARED save on Medium difficulty again to go for weapon Achievements.
I only have the FlameThrower, Maxed Out and Impossible.

Been having a helluva time trying to get the Flame Thrower one though,
even with it maxed out it seems to be highly ineffective? And I've been using the RB Alt Fire as well.
Anybody know of any particular necromrph it works well against???
I know it's completely useless against the darker 'morphs.

OMG! I was after the 30x Flamethrower kills, and never bought it on my first run thru, and it took AGES, even fully upgraded it's UTTER WANK! It takes loads of ammo to kill anything, it's got no stopping power and it don't work in vacuum's (Well it wouldn't).