PDA

View Full Version : carrer achievements glitches?

GUNSLiiNGER
10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
ive gone through the carrer on hard and just finished hot for teacher and the credit song and have gotten no achievements. i am on the guitar carrer btw. anyone else have the same problem or possibly a solution???

GUNSLiiNGER
10-28-2008, 10:44 PM
ok i furgured it out it think. you have to play against all the characters that are like unlockable. like i skipped jimi hendrex and ozzy and went straight to the final gig. i went back a lil bit after and played each one and after i play crazy train i got the chieves for beating easy, medium, hard.

TheeFuzz
10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm having the same problem >.< Do you have to beat all the gigis? Ps. Im doing the same as you guitar and on hard.

GUNSLiiNGER
10-28-2008, 11:06 PM
ummmm i have not completed every single gig but i played every gig that u play with a famous person or unlockable charcter. and after everyone of them (last one for me being ozzy) i got the achievements

Silent Kitten
10-29-2008, 12:56 AM
I was playing thru the career on expert and my buddy played 2 gigs on Hard but I went back and replayed them on expert and after Hot for Teacher I only got easy, medium, and hard achievements. WTF!!! Do I need to beat Satch Boogie to get the expert achievement? Help!!

GUNSLiiNGER
10-29-2008, 01:30 AM
honestly i really couldn't tell you. ive herd some stuff almost like that, and from what ive herd if you start on hard and change the dificutly up then you will get the achievements for doing the higher difficulty. Im not sure about it being the other way around. im guessing you could try re-doing the 2 gigs that were done on hard and try on expert, but if that dont work then im guessing you might have to re-do the entire thing. i am really not sure but if you have to do everything all over again, i feel really bad for you lol

StolenKyle/
10-29-2008, 02:12 AM
You have to beat all gigs except for the ones the cost money.

GUNSLiiNGER
10-29-2008, 02:32 AM
You have to beat all gigs except for the ones the cost money.
there is still one gig on my profile that you dont have to pay for and i never completed it and i still got the achievements

iiznoodles
10-29-2008, 02:50 AM
I can tell ya this, playing on expert bass i played all gigs expert then got to the final gig and switched 2 songs to hard and did not get the achievement for expert career.

GUNSLiiNGER
10-29-2008, 03:01 AM
yeah that was silent kittens problem

Iv VeNoM vI
10-29-2008, 03:01 AM
I can tell ya this, playing on expert bass i played all gigs expert then got to the final gig and switched 2 songs to hard and did not get the achievement for expert career.

Well if your switching around difficulties dont expect to, it glitches the achievements.

Hospital Waste
10-29-2008, 04:30 AM
i beat it on Medium and it gave me the easy achievment

Jaster Mereel04
10-29-2008, 01:08 PM
that means you played 1 song on easy, find that song and beat it on medium and it will give you your medium achievement

Jonesy999
10-29-2008, 05:27 PM

if you switched down to hard then you clearly havent beat the expert career so why would you even expect to get the expert career achievement?

Well if your switching around difficulties dont expect to, it glitches the achievements.
and it doesnt glitch anything... if you dont beat the game on expert then u dont get the expert achievement. why does everything blame everything on a "GLITCH" when its just their own stupidity

HamKet
10-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I played through Bass career on Expert. I beat every song (including the gigs you have to purchase) at that level, but when I got to BYOB, I couldn't beat it. So I dropped down to Hard for it, and then passed it. After doing so, I only got the Hard, Medium and Easy achievements, and unlocked the bonus gig.

I practiced BYOB, and eventually beat it on Expert. However, I did not get the achievment then. I had to beat the bonus gig on Expert before the expert achievement unlocked.

So it seems that as long as you have beaten all the songs you have available on the same difficulty when you first beat the game, you'll get the corresponding achievement. However, if, like me, you dropped down in difficulty to beat a song, then beat the game, you'll need to make sure you beat all the remaining songs on the same difficulty to get the remaining achievment(s).

I hope that made sense.

GUNSLiiNGER
10-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I played through Bass career on Expert. I beat every song (including the gigs you have to purchase) at that level, but when I got to BYOB, I couldn't beat it. So I dropped down to Hard for it, and then passed it. After doing so, I only got the Hard, Medium and Easy achievements, and unlocked the bonus gig.

I practiced BYOB, and eventually beat it on Expert. However, I did not get the achievment then. I had to beat the bonus gig on Expert before the expert achievement unlocked.

So it seems that as long as you have beaten all the songs you have available on the same difficulty when you first beat the game, you'll get the corresponding achievement. However, if, like me, you dropped down in difficulty to beat a song, then beat the game, you'll need to make sure you beat all the remaining songs on the same difficulty to get the remaining achievment(s).

I hope that made sense.
that was probally the best description. thankx very much for explaining it to everyone :)

Silent Kitten
10-30-2008, 03:18 AM
Nice job guys on getting info!!

radiohead8
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM

I was having the same problem, but my fix was a lot easier. On lead guitar I beat all the free gigs on expert except BYOB on hard. When I finally beat BYOB on expert, it did not unlock the achievement. I decided to try the old "exit to the dashboard and try again" trick. So I exited to the Xbox dashboard, beat one song from the bonus gig, and the achievement unlocked immediately. I did NOT beat any of the paying gigs, only the free ones, and only the first song from the bonus gig. I don't like to throw around the "g-word" either, but that seems like a glitch to me.

Silent Kitten
10-30-2008, 10:42 PM
I went through Expert bass today and I'm so happy to finally have my expert achievement!! BYOB's bass chart is SO jacked up!!

GUNSLiiNGER
10-30-2008, 11:50 PM
I went through Expert bass today and I'm so happy to finally have my expert achievement!! BYOB's bass chart is SO jacked up!!
congratz :)..im glad this thread helped at least someone lol

wazz1
10-31-2008, 04:00 PM
yeah ive beaten expert but no achievement... but i think i know why... do you have to do EVERY free gig or just EVERY gig with a character like Ozzy, Hendrix, etc.??

HamKet
10-31-2008, 06:17 PM
To beat the career and get the achievement, you need to beat every free gig. You may or may not have to beat every purchased gig.

GUNSLiiNGER
11-06-2008, 02:04 AM
one of my friends beat everything on the game for guitar career and no achievement..one day he played quickplay and all the achievements unlocked lol

OneKlicKill
11-06-2008, 03:45 AM
OK just to sum this all up.
1. You have to beat all the gigs that do not require you to pay
2. you unlock the achievement for __ difficultly if you beat all the songs on that difficultly. by doing this you also unlock all achievements under it.
3. if you skip a song/switch difficulty to lower you wont get your original difficulty (say your playing expert and u cant beat a song so u switch to hard then beat it then switch back, you will get the hard, med and easy achievements but not expert until you complete that song on expert)

You Got Pwned x
12-23-2008, 08:49 PM
I Am Having The Same Problem. Do The End Credit Song. No Achievement :(
So Do You Have To Do All The Gigs?
Im Confused :S

dakisbac
12-24-2008, 05:12 AM
To get the achievement for beating a career, you must play all gigs except

A) The gigs that cost money (eg Tool venue)
B) The gig that appears after you play the credits.

Also bear in mind that you'll only get a "beat career" achievement for the first career you beat, no matter which instrument that it is. There are no achievements for beating instrument specific careers, there is one for beating a career, and one for beating all careers.