PDA

View Full Version : Wanderer & Orienteer

Lumpi
10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
How do this achievements unlock. do i simply have to kill the guards in front of some safehouses (not all safehouses have guards)? or do i have to enter and save the game in those houses?

NukeDukem
10-29-2008, 10:10 PM
all the locked safe houses have guards outside. the locked ones have a padlock on their icon on your map. just kill the guards to unlock it, no need to save, but the world of far cry 2 is a dangerous one, so id save if i were you!

Ka1n007
10-29-2008, 10:53 PM
this ach has to be bugged , i drove around to all safehouses in the north 3 times, like all around the map, theyre all unlocked up north but no ach

NukeDukem
10-29-2008, 11:03 PM
it unlocked for me, have you checked the middle square too?

DemonI81
10-30-2008, 01:33 AM
this ach has to be bugged , i drove around to all safehouses in the north 3 times, like all around the map, theyre all unlocked up north but no ach
Same position you're in. Unlocked all safe houses (2 didn't have guards) and got all diamonds and tapes (in the North). No Safe House achievement. I'm pissed. It's probably because there was no guards at 2 so it never said "unlocked". Glitchy Ubisoft.... I wanna strangle them right now.

EDIT: Shut the system off. Went back through the map, found the 2 Safe Houses that had no people now were locked again and had people. Killed the people, unlocked Safe Houses and achievement.

NukeDukem
10-30-2008, 04:27 AM
weirdest thing happened to me in the southern district. in the north east most square i unlocked all the safe houses bar one, and scouted all the guard posts. the next time i went up there, and i am 1000 percent sure i saved as i save everytime i take over a safe house, everything was locked again. go figure.. i did them all again and got the achievement for safe houses in the south. damn this game is buggy!

Ka1n007
10-30-2008, 05:53 AM
I was up there for 2 hours driving or boating everywhere on the map i took the bus around drove around the outside in a car drove around the inside i think its bc I didnt meet my friend at a safe house for a side a mission... I dunno so many problems with this game never even got the third faction ach, had 2 saves go corrupt man... never again ubisoft

Lumpi
10-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm also 100 % sure that i unlocked all safehouses in the north, but the achievement didn't unlocked...

ponypo2001
10-31-2008, 01:56 AM
Same as you guys,I unlocked all safe houses.Triple checked,no padlocks anymore and each one I saved at after it popped up the message and no chiev.Starting to really dislike this game at the moment as I'm not sure what I'm gonna get screwed out of next :mad:

EDIT : I guess I shoulda opened my eyes,I found a locked safehouse on the map.It either re-locked or I totally missed it on my 3 laps round the map lol

Smugu
10-31-2008, 12:49 PM
So is there anyone who actually got this without problems??

DemonI81
10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
So is there anyone who actually got this without problems??
I got it... with problems. I guess I got lucky that the 2 without guards re-locked and I was able to unlock them again and get the achievement. (Wanderer).

jon5445
10-31-2008, 09:45 PM
How many safe houses are there roughly and is there a map of them?

BullZeye
10-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Well I didn't encounter any problems.
At first I didn't know how to reach one of the safe houses in the north,so I got the one for the south first.Still no bugs.
Although what can happen is that the guards wander off or you just can't find them(i.e. once I died while attempting to unlock a safehouse,I got rescued by a Buddy and when I was up again the enemies where gone.
If you killed all the guards you see and the house doesn't unlock check if any of them are just down but not dead.

Ka1n007
11-04-2008, 08:16 AM
To all people having this problem, I have started another playthru and in it discovered this: prepare to be mad. After confirming that I unlocked all safe houses on the 1st save I had I started subverting missions and on a random one I went to a safe house unlocked it and got the achievement. Again, I got it on another save but this save only had some houses unlocked but for some reason the achievement popped? same thing in the south when I found the safe house behind the bus stop. I suspect this glitch we had was caused when we either a) didnt subvert a mission (I know I didnt) or b)the player never got sent to the safehouse to trigger it ie friend, side or other missions (or subvertions).

FLAMINGO SHAKES
11-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I got this achievement without any problems. Sometimes if you go to a safehouse without anybody guarding it, look around for a path that leads to the safehouse because sometimes there hiding along the path but you went a different way to get to the safehouse.

The Bovine Moos
12-29-2008, 01:45 PM
I've found a safehouse (must be one of my last ones) in the west sector of the north. It only appears to have one guard; I kill him, but the safehouse remains locked.

I've looked around, but can't see anyone else :mad:.

Meh, didn't Ubisoft Montreal also make Rainbow Six Vegas 2? We know how glitchy that was :(.

The Bovine Moos
12-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Well, after leaving and re-entering the sector 5 times, two guards eventually showed up at that safe house.

Turns out it was the last one I needed in the North, the Wanderer achiev popped for me.

Cheers,
--Bovine.

NinjaMonkeyUK
12-29-2008, 02:38 PM
I got both achievements without problems, but I unlocked all the South District safe houses first, as I had missed a couple in the North District before I get sent to the South.

They both unlocked fine for me.