PDA

View Full Version : I give this game a 2 out of 100

Mustkill9
10-30-2008, 03:07 AM
I have been a big fan of DDR for about 9 years, I am a dance DJ, I've owned almost 20 different versions of DDR, and I always tell people they need to get it, because it's fun aerobic exercise. I've beared with them over the years while they produced game after game with only a couple of good songs on each game. And I made the official achievement guide for this website for DDRU2.

Konami just produced DDRU3 without 1 hit on the whole game (unless somebody with no taste wants to call Conga a hit). A game like this is all about the songlist, and they just gave us some crap that is completely incompatible with, well, America. When I think of the world of dance, and the thousands of songs that are in 4/4 time they could have chosen from, it makes me pissed off. I'm pissed off that they came up with such an idiotic songlist at this point in creating DDR games.

What needs to happen here is another company needs to come in and make the same style game, with songs we love. It will make DDRU3 look so stupid.

Chris Plus
11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
The original DDR games didn't have hits. They had j-pop.

DDRU3 is the best mix of DDR I've ever owned. I really didn't like U1 or U2. I love the fact that no hits are on this game. Hits are a gimmick, DDR was created on the kind of music they included in this mix. None of the arcade mixes had hits until Supernova and it was better that way. America was flooded with DDR fans even before 6th mix came out here. They had never heard of the concept of a "hit" in DDR. The mix also has two of the hardest songs ever put onto a home version, 888 (which is completely ridiculous hard, I can barely AA it with the 360 controller) and Delta Max, which is one of DMAshura's greatest concept songs.

Konami reached out to the true DDR fans with this mix, something they haven't done in a very long time, and I'm very happy about. From an economic standpoint, I think the game will do much better than U1 and U2. Many true DDR fans hated U1 and U2 because they liked DDR's classic music. This will pull in a lot of people. American DDR players aren't looking for American music in their DDR games. They're looking for DANCE music be it American or not.

If you don't like it, don't buy the game. You're part of a minority.

CORPSE CRISIS
11-03-2008, 03:55 PM
i heard that theese games are just for really easy achievements.

Mustkill9
11-03-2008, 07:54 PM
The original DDR games didn't have hits. They had j-pop.

DDRU3 is the best mix of DDR I've ever owned. I really didn't like U1 or U2. I love the fact that no hits are on this game. Hits are a gimmick, DDR was created on the kind of music they included in this mix. None of the arcade mixes had hits until Supernova and it was better that way. America was flooded with DDR fans even before 6th mix came out here. They had never heard of the concept of a "hit" in DDR. The mix also has two of the hardest songs ever put onto a home version, 888 (which is completely ridiculous hard, I can barely AA it with the 360 controller) and Delta Max, which is one of DMAshura's greatest concept songs.

Konami reached out to the true DDR fans with this mix, something they haven't done in a very long time, and I'm very happy about. From an economic standpoint, I think the game will do much better than U1 and U2. Many true DDR fans hated U1 and U2 because they liked DDR's classic music. This will pull in a lot of people. American DDR players aren't looking for American music in their DDR games. They're looking for DANCE music be it American or not.

If you don't like it, don't buy the game. You're part of a minority.

Enjoy man. And have fun with the 30 second loading times just to retry impossible challenges that last a few seconds.

And I'm not going to list them for you, but I clearly remember going back as far as DDR 5 (maybe it was DDR 6), which was about 6 years ago, and they had Hit Me Baby One More Time on there. And every game since has had a couple of hits so you're wrong.

Seriously, I know for a fact that DDR's songlists are holding back casual American players. I'm 100% positive of this, because of the hundreds of people I've personally talked to about this. It's you that's in the minority. I really don't want to argue about this, because neither of us can produce any hard statistics to back up what we're saying. But seriously, you're trying to tell me that the MAJORITY of DDR players want this crap instead of other dance songs. That's what you just said. I personally know a lot of people who will not even give DDR a chance, and it's all because of the songlists.

Ever wonder why this game isn't huge? The forums for DDRU1 and DDRU2 were very slow on this website. According to mygamercard.net, 47,000 Live accounts played DDRU1, and 17,000 Live accounts played DDRU2 WORLDWIDE. A lot of that is going to be Japan. And some of that is rentals. 263 including me have played DDRU3. These numbers are extremely low compared to other games. Extremely low.

EDIT: You said "I really didn't like U1 or U2. I love the fact that no hits are on this game." You love the fact that there are no hits on this game. And then you're going to tell me, the dance DJ from NYC, what the people want. You, the same guy who wants a game with no hits.

DDR was starting to move in the right direction. DDRU1: Cascada- Everytime We Touch, Magic Carpet Ride (weak but this remix was a dance hit), Rapper's Delight, Chris Brown -Run It (was huge), Kylie Minogue - Slow (I love this song), Boogie Pimps - Somebody to Love. That's 6 hits.

Universe 2: I Know You've got Soul (good one), I think Jungle Boogie is a hit but I don't like it, Love Don't Let Me Go was huge, Apache, Herbie Hancock - Rockit was huge, Franz Ferdinand- Take Me Out was huge, Outkast- the way you move was huge, Walk Like an Egyptian was huge. That's 8!

Universe 3: 0 hits. Nuff said. Really.

Jonspach
11-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Enjoy man. And have fun with the 30 second loading times just to retry impossible challenges that last a few seconds.

Oh, this!

The load times are driving me out of my mind. I'm milking this for whatever achievements I can get and then I'm selling it ASAP. I'll keep U2 for exercise until Konami or someone else puts something better out.

bigtankdawg
11-08-2008, 02:36 PM
i heard that theese games are just for really easy achievements.
Well it shows you've never played these games for the achievements. These games are some of the hardest games to try and get 1000/1000. You play these games for the fun, exercise, and decent song list.

And I'm gonna have to agree with Mustkill9... DDRU3's playlist sucks balls.

Mustkill9
11-22-2008, 08:06 AM
UPDATE: 640 gamertags have played this game. That's an amazing statistic. That might make this game literally the worst selling Xbox 360 game BY FAR. My research is incomplete, but it really looks like that's true.

BooseyGirl
11-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I haven't bought DDRU3 yet but I'm hoping that Konami is going back to it's roots and sticking with the Japanese music (J-Pop and J-Rock) for the series. I personally HATE American music, there's only a choice few rock bands that I like and listen to and DJ's that produce good Techno/Electronica music out there in the states, and the rest are all from Europe. I hated the Song lists for the last couple Dance Dance Revolution games, both the console versions and arcade versions. I'm hoping that this one will have a playlist similar to the very first DDR games that were ever released.

Personally I would like them to bring back True by Kosaka Riyu and Look to the Sky (two of my favorite songs of all time) and the ever popular Cutie Chaser and the rest of the most popular songs and most played of all time. I would know, I spent almost my entire summer's saving every year since I was 7 at the Arcade in Manhattan devoting my life (if you could call it that...) to playing every DDR machine. Eleven years later at the age of 18, I still haven't changed, lol.

I have to say though, as much as I love DDR they are killing me here with these crappy American Song lists, so I hope to god that there's a decent amount of Japanese songs to save my ears from bleeding. One more thing, I swear to god if that stupid song Tattoo is on there by whatever her name is, I WILL commit seppuku! Watashi no hontou ni!!

Fox334
11-30-2008, 05:27 PM
What needs to happen here is another company needs to come in and make the same style game, with songs we love. It will make DDRU3 look so stupid.
Ever heard of Stepmania?

Oh, and as a sidenote, the 360 dancepads are PC-compatible (and, by extension, Stepmania compatible) whit some tweaking.

Mustkill9
11-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Ever heard of Stepmania?

Oh, and as a sidenote, the 360 dancepads are PC-compatible (and, by extension, Stepmania compatible) whit some tweaking.

Here's the latest list of songs for Stepmania.
http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Download_StepMix_4_Songs
I'm sorry but that looks horrible (and very similar to the DDR style that I was complaining about actually). I'm talking about we need a game that gives us songs that American club DJs play.

I know I'm going to fail this, but I think what I'm going to do is try to find a software developer that will work with me on this. I can come up with 40 songs that will revolutionize this shit. I'm serious.

EDIT: I just contacted Konami about letting me help them. If they take a look at their sales, they might get humble and hear me out. I said I wanted to be in the game, and lead the player through quest mode. This isn't going to work is it? :)

ezekiel 08
12-06-2008, 04:44 PM
I haven't bought DDRU3 yet but I'm hoping that Konami is going back to it's roots and sticking with the Japanese music (J-Pop and J-Rock) for the series. I personally HATE American music.

I have to say though, as much as I love DDR they are killing me here with these crappy American Song lists, so I hope to god that there's a decent amount of Japanese songs to save my ears from bleeding.

Agreed.

Also it seems weird that Mustkill9 has been "a big fan of DDR for about 9 years" and "owned almost 20 different version" yet he hates DDR:U3 as it has no 'American' hits? Isn't it true that all the old versions of DDR had only J-Pop and other Japanese hits? His argument is very contradicting...

These games are made in Japan for Japanese (and other Asian countries) gamers so no wonder it's filled with J-Pop. I have Dancing Stage Universe (the AUS/EUR version of the American DDR:U) and it is full of British Rock songs with I personally can't stand, they're horrible and takes so much away from the DDR experance :(.

So if this game is absent from rubbish American hits, it deserves 100/100 in my book.

Mustkill9
12-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Whatever. I'm just going to point to the fact that this game didn't sell to anybody one more time, and leave you all alone with your fun game.

"Rubbish American hits" though? I watched a season of Australian Idol once. (The season that guy with the multicolor hair came in 3rd.) How much American culture has influenced your country? "Rubbish American hits." THAT is the most contradictory statement of the week right there. Your country is singing mostly American songs, and the audience is wearing jerseys of our sports stars, and not jerseys of any other country's sports stars!

I liked DDR in spite of the fact that the music sucked, and kept praying for improvement. I hope that answers your question.

918 different xbox usernames have played this game. 918! And there's only like 20 people total that posted here about it. DDR1 has 50,000 (which still is kind of bad). This is all you need to know before you post again.

I'm done in this DDR3 forum. I don't know who a few of you are, but I can't take it any more.

Mustkill9
12-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Worst selling 360 game ever by far!!!!!!!!!

Everything I said in my original post was before I even knew that.

ezekiel 08
12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Nice way to double post to boost your post count, sad...

"Rubbish American hits" though? I watched a season of Australian Idol once. (The season that guy with the multicolor hair came in 3rd.) How much American culture has influenced your country? "Rubbish American hits." THAT is the most contradictory statement of the week right there. Your country is singing mostly American songs, and the audience is wearing jerseys of our sports stars, and not jerseys of any other country's sports stars!

First off, Australia Idol SUCKS BALLS SO HARD! I hate all American sports and I despise anyone who likes America. Plus I hate Australian music and I wish I lived in any country other than Australia or America.

Just because there are stupid brainless whores and dick heads that like Australia Idol or American music, doesn't mean I do!

You're not that smart are you? And how is other people liking American music make me a contradiction? Typical uneducated American trying to argue but doesn't know a thing about any other country/culture in the world.

I love Japan and anything Japanese so you can shove Australian Idol, American Music, American Sports and all the morons that love that stuff up your ignorant arse.

Mustkill9
12-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Nice way to double post to boost your post count, sad...

First off, Australia Idol SUCKS BALLS SO HARD! I hate all American sports and I despise anyone who likes America. Plus I hate Australian music and I wish I lived in any country other than Australia or America.

Just because there are stupid brainless whores and dick heads that like Australia Idol or American music, doesn't mean I do!

You're not that smart are you? And how is other people liking American music make me a contradiction? Typical uneducated American trying to argue but doesn't know a thing about any other country/culture in the world.

I love Japan and anything Japanese so you can shove Australian Idol, American Music, American Sports and all the morons that love that stuff up your ignorant arse.

Go to hell. Coming in here picking fights. I didn't deserve a response that includes personal attacks. If you were in person with me, would you have said "you're not that smart are you?" for example. And to stick something "up my ignorant arse?" Go to hell. "Uneducated American." That was a nice one. You are the biggest loser I ever encountered on this forum. No I'm serious.

You accused me of contradicting myself by having 20 versions of the game. If you read what I said, I was clearly complaining about this DDR3 game specifically. You are from a country that loves American culture, and you said that we have rubbish music. That by definition makes you contradict your country, people, and culture. So you're wrong that I was contradicting myself, and I guess you didn't understand what I meant by you are a contradiction. (It doesn't matter. We both sound stupid here.)

Thanks for wasting my time. I really need this conversation. Both sides of this discussion had been clearly and fully expressed well before you came along to pick a fight. I hope I upset you. You deserve it. Don't pick fights.

And since you're so much smarter and better than me, where is the link so I can see what a great man you are? I'd love to see it. There's a link to my myspace page right here in my signature. And on that page I don't even get into stuff like my real estate investments, and that I'm working on a law degree. Yeah, make fun of me man. Good luck. Self made millionaire like me- there's your "typical uneducated Amercian."

If you would have left out the aggresive personal attacks, you would have had the last word, and not even got a response at all. But you don't understand that concept yet, because you still have a lot to learn. I did say I was leaving right? You pulled me back, and insisted on a fight. Read what you wrote to me- it was a completely inappropriate response.

ezekiel 08
12-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Read what you wrote to me- it was a completely inappropriate response.

And what you say bellow makes any sense whatsoever?

You are from a country that loves American culture, and you said that we have rubbish music. That by definition makes you contradict your country, people, and culture.

Um, just because we have rubbish American music on our radio and TV doesn't mean I listen to it or watch it or even like it. Sure, I'd admit is on the radio/TV, but I STILL HATE IT. I NEVER listen to the radio and I never watch the rubbish Music Video TV stations as I HATE all the music on them.

Don't you get it? I HATE AMERICAN MUSIC. So how am I contradicting myself?

Also, you said "I dragged you back here" when it was actually your own choice, be responsible for your own actions. Americans (yes, you all do it) have a great way of blaming other people for their own actions.

Look at this next bit, you accuse me of "personal attacks" where in the very same paragraph you say this:

You are the biggest loser I ever encountered on this forum. No I'm serious.Looks like you just made a personal attack right back at me.

Also, I backed up my arguments with only what you've said. You just back your argument with the fact I live in a country that listens to American music without even considering that I may not be like the other idiots in my country and actually have my own taste in music and culture.

Plus, I don't see you attacking other people for hating American music. How about you have a go at them?

Mustkill9
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
And what you say bellow makes any sense whatsoever?

Um, just because we have rubbish American music on our radio and TV doesn't mean I listen to it or watch it or even like it. Sure, I'd admit is on the radio/TV, but I STILL HATE IT. I NEVER listen to the radio and I never watch the rubbish Music Video TV stations as I HATE all the music on them.

Don't you get it? I HATE AMERICAN MUSIC. So how am I contradicting myself?

Also, you said "I dragged you back here" when it was actually your own choice, be responsible for your own actions. Americans (yes, you all do it) have a great way of blaming other people for their own actions.

Look at this next bit, you accuse me of "personal attacks" where in the very same paragraph you say this:

Looks like you just made a personal attack right back at me.

Also, I backed up my arguments with only what you've said. You just back your argument with the fact I live in a country that listens to American music without even considering that I may not be like the other idiots in my country and actually have my own taste in music and culture.

Plus, I don't see you attacking other people for hating American music. How about you have a go at them?

I really wanted keep arguing with you, for the fact that you clearly picked it. When people pick fights, they deserve to get their ass kicked. But after all the words you just typed, there is literally nothing for me to add. Everything you just said is either irrelevant, wrong in such a dumb way there is no use discussing it, or went around in circles.

Pyrochaos
12-11-2008, 04:44 PM
I really can't stand most of the JPOP crap that for some reason is popular in the DDR world.

I don't really like DDR U2, U1 is ok, but U2 is terrible IMO.

AnimeCommander
12-11-2008, 07:09 PM
One question: Where's my Samurai?

mietha CAG
12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
The poor sales of 3, and even 2, MIGHT have more to do with the fact that they are sold as bundle only, than the setlist. Who wants to be forced to buy yet another pad. 2 sucked ass, btw. 1 was good. 80% of the music was pretty good. There's probably not 5 songs worth a **** in 2 totaly. And just because you're a "dance dj from New York" doesn't mean anything. Get over yourself. As for 3, I'll buy it as soon as there's a solo version, not before. For the load times, try installing it to the hard drive. It sped up the load times for 2 quite a bit.

Mustkill9
12-11-2008, 08:24 PM
The poor sales of 3, and even 2, MIGHT have more to do with the fact that they are sold as bundle only, than the setlist. Who wants to be forced to buy yet another pad. 2 sucked ass, btw. 1 was good. 80% of the music was pretty good. There's probably not 5 songs worth a **** in 2 totaly. And just because you're a "dance dj from New York" doesn't mean anything. Get over yourself. As for 3, I'll buy it as soon as there's a solo version, not before. For the load times, try installing it to the hard drive. It sped up the load times for 2 quite a bit.

I have 200 games over here and I really try hard to find time to play them, and I'm only up to 30,000 gamer points. So maybe you wish you had some other cool stuff to do? I don't know.

It's fair for me to give two sentences of personal background to help give my statements validity. The point was to explain how and why I have a pulse on pop culture and popular music, since no one here knows me. Turns out I was right, when we saw no one buy the game. I said my comments pretty much the day the game came out. And instead of anybody giving me credit for being so on the money with my comments, I'm getting crap from J-Pop lovers.

Damn this thread is wasting my time. I only got into one other argument since I joined this site, and it was fairly minor.

F Stumbleduck
12-24-2008, 06:53 PM
My only comment on your assertions is:
LESS THAN THREE, OH EM GEE, LOVE COMPUTER FANTASY. MEET ME HERE ON IRC, LOLOL! <3
(i.e. you are wrong and this game is amazing)

BooseyGirl
12-28-2008, 01:07 AM
One question: Where's my Samurai?

Hahahaha! Speaking of which, why haven't they brought back Butterfly by Smile dk. ? The only time I ever get to listen to it anymore is on my iPod or some random arcade that has an archaic version of DDR. *sigh* ay-i ay-i ay-i!

ParoXyzm
12-30-2008, 11:59 PM
I own 4 versions of DDR, and I hate DDRU2... I can't even stand playing it. I agree with Mustkill9 about this HORRIBLE songlists for U2 and probably U3 as well. I don't know about everyone else, but the J-pop is the whole reason I play these games. Hell, if I wanted to listen to this american crap, I would go to youtube for free. I have the American versions of Supernova 1 and 2 and Extreme for the PS2. Supernova one was good because they preserved some of the Japanese songs and this is what got me into it. Supernova 2 blew my head open with it's crappy songlist. Cascada and Chris Brown? No thanks, i'll watch MTV. These songs are so overplayed that it becomes a hassle to even play, I remember having to mute the song in order to play it. For extreme, it was better, but the Japanese version is like 1000 times better, and by far it is my favorite DDR game. I decided to give the American versions one more chance with DDRU2, and it failed miserably. I was going to buy DDRU3 with hopes they would revive the old J-pop again, but sadly after reading this, it looks like they failed once again. It's a shame.

Despite being a "j-pop lover", I still agree with what Mustkill9 said; I love techno and trance, but who wants to dance to some crap they never heard of in their life?

joshgoesrawr
01-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm done in this DDR3 forum.

>.> he'll be back.

I love techno and trance, but who wants to dance to some crap they never heard of in their life?

I dunno, I guess I'm just weird and enjoy the opportunity to hear music I'd never find on my own without these games.

JeZis
01-17-2009, 02:52 AM
rofl you don't like 1 or 2 ?? those has some pretty good songs i agree with dd3 sucking though i am a huge ddr fan but man theres not enough good songs on this one to keep me going there like 6-7 that i like rest are pretty much boring

DeathScythe on
01-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Can anyone tell me if the speed is changeable? #2 did not have the option and it sort of made me mad.

dakisbac
01-22-2009, 07:18 AM
You mean speed up how fast the arrows come at you? Same way as DDRU/DDRU2. Hold A down when selecting the song and you'll get extra options. After you select those options they'll save until you change them again, so you don't have to change the speed before every song

DeathScythe on
01-22-2009, 07:21 AM
You mean speed up how fast the arrows come at you? Same way as DDRU/DDRU2. Hold A down when selecting the song and you'll get extra options. After you select those options they'll save until you change them again, so you don't have to change the speed before every song
I did not know that! Now I can actually beat 2 without having to replay every song 20 times!! Thank you so much!!

LHoT10820
01-31-2009, 01:26 AM
I had to join this board due to this thread, it's just so hilarious.

First off, you obviously haven't been a fan of DDR long at all if you have never heard of Stepmania, it's an open source simulator that simulates nearly every rhythm game in existence, and you can add your own songs and create your own steps to each song, so by default, it has the best song list because... uhhh.... it's *YOUR* songlist.

Secondly, to whoever said they want more J Pop.... no... just no....

Thirdly, Universe 3 is a great mix in terms of song selection and step chart quality, Konami finally decided to acknowledge the multithousands of people capable of passing 10s, and giving them an extra challenge. This does not apply to me, because I am a mutated freak, aka an ITG player, I can pass 15s on singles, and 14s on doubles, at the arcade, and before you bitch about no bar, I can pass 12s no bar singles, and 10s no bar doubles, and FC them too.

Fourthly, lol DeltaMAX

Fifthly, if Universe 3 became an arcade mix, it would probably be the first DDR AC mix I would actively seek out, SN2 was terrible, and I was even playing on the only e-amuse enable cab, everything was off synce, I got like, 50 greats on Max 300. >.<

Sixthly, as sad before, if you want hits, go play Stepmania, also, Konami has only hired two people from the community. And they were in charge of Universe 3. Those players are Dukamok and DMAshura.

Seventhly? Before anyone bitches, OH LOL YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT YOU R GUD AT THE GAME AND NO WUT U R TAUKIN BOUT... YouTube - Heartbreak Armageddon Doubles -LOL- that's me dicking around with an edit I'm making, I failed due to me being too lazy to get down to the first hand after the holds.
And these are the people that I play with. My friend Rynker http://www.youtube.com/user/Rynker
And my friend The Cosmic Pope http://www.youtube.com/user/Weemo

Lastly, lol @ this thread.

*awaits flame*

EDIT: Btw, 4/4 is boring as hell, it's all my band ever makes me play shit in, even though I have written some alt. parts for our songs in various other time sigs. Yeah, I'm the drummer. >_>

Mustkill9
01-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks for taking the time to join the site and give your opinions LHoT. You make some good points. I'm not sure why you're LOLing at the thread though, but I'm honestly sorry I bothered with it myself. I was just trying to help the site and the world in general with my mini rant. I'm really horrible at DDR compared to you, but I've definitely been one of the biggest fans of it- mainly because of the concept of the dance pad, not so much because of what songs they use.

CyanideBreathMint
02-08-2009, 12:28 AM
No worries, Mustkill9. I agree entirely. After playing DDRU2, this game's just terrible. The load times (even installed to my HDD) are horrendous. Getting all costumes for both guys and gals is brutal considering the piddling 2800 per match you get even with the odd challenge which nets you 7500 points tops is just punishing.

No clue what the developers were smoking when they made this game. Bad, bad and terrible.

Hasty Pastry
02-20-2009, 05:08 AM
Here's the latest list of songs for Stepmania.
http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Download_StepMix_4_Songs
I'm sorry but that looks horrible (and very similar to the DDR style that I was complaining about actually). I'm talking about we need a game that gives us songs that American club DJs play.

I know I'm going to fail this, but I think what I'm going to do is try to find a software developer that will work with me on this. I can come up with 40 songs that will revolutionize this shit. I'm serious.

EDIT: I just contacted Konami about letting me help them. If they take a look at their sales, they might get humble and hear me out. I said I wanted to be in the game, and lead the player through quest mode. This isn't going to work is it? PROTIP: stepmainia lets you use any mp3 you want to.

Also personally I liked DDRU3 song choices because I have not heard of most of them before. I actually like hearing new music instead of songs I have listened to about 1000 times before.

Although I think quest mode in all the DDR games is retarded I just want to dance to music not play through a bunch of 5 second long challenges.

dementedlullaby
03-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Lol I got this game and the mat for 29.99 Canadian, discounted from 79.99, discounted to 49.99, discounted to 29.99. Great deal since I didn't have a 360 mat, just a gamecube/wii one with Mario DDR. Might pick up DDRU1-2 sometime in the future. Could use another mat as well in the future I guess.

bigtankdawg
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Hahahaha! Speaking of which, why haven't they brought back Butterfly by Smile dk. ? The only time I ever get to listen to it anymore is on my iPod or some random arcade that has an archaic version of DDR. *sigh* ay-i ay-i ay-i!

Seriously!!! I miss that song!!!

Lol I got this game and the mat for 29.99 Canadian, discounted from 79.99, discounted to 49.99, discounted to 29.99. Great deal since I didn't have a 360 mat, just a gamecube/wii one with Mario DDR. Might pick up DDRU1-2 sometime in the future. Could use another mat as well in the future I guess.

Nice... I bet if you waited a little longer it would have been cheaper. DDRU1 is definitely the best out of the three...

I tried playing this game after months today and found myself annoyed at the songs. Within fifteen minutes I started playing DDRU1. I hate to say it but I think I'm gonna be selling DDRU3 back to GameStop. The song selection was definitely much better on DDRU1.

Mikeyspinkick
04-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Everyone is expecting the new DDRs to be just like DDR Max 2 and DDR Extreme were. Unfortunately, it will never hit that level again because it has gotten too Americanized. All the releases that Konami has that stay in Japan are usually good. We don't have Pop'N'Music for the 360 yet, right? If that came over, it would become Americanized as well, then we would lose that. We just have to accept this is what DDR has become and either learn to accept it and continue to play or leave it behind for the "good 'ol days". Myself, I used to be in tounaments on the East Coast when DDR Max/Max 2 was big. You don't really see tournaments nowadays because...

A) People have moved on.
B) Noone wants to pay for it.
C) People are too worried that noone will attend.

It's time to make a choice. Move on or stay. You can complain all you want, it won't change the fact that the DDR we all know and love is dead and gone.

Chris Plus
04-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I'd just like to point out that that video LHoT produced for us was NOT him. At least, if he's really good, that's not him. Whoever was playing there was not very good at all. Maybe you can pass 15's....... on DDRX. That was the worst FA I have ever seen on a player that tries to play double.

Go play Reaf on double. It's on ITG Rebirth. That's a 14. Pass it. I wanna see a vid of you making it to 20%. Or better yet, play Pandaemonium. It's only a 12 on double. I don't care if you were tired, that was some really crappy playing.

And "too lazy" to hit the hands? How about telling your friend to take the song in that exasperated voice of yours. You were dog tired. Don't come in here with an elitist attitude and produce that garbage.

magixman
04-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Well, I'm not an elitist (perse), but I do know how to DDR/ITG. This is one my bombelicious edits I created for ITG. Flying High ~ MagixStyle
I added a hud for the dark parts, so you can see what I'm stomping. Have fun ;)

PalmettoPanda
05-01-2009, 10:03 PM
How does this game stack up as an exercise program compared to DDRU and DDR2? Between being stuck in the library working on my master's thesis and working nightclub security in the evening, I'm not anticipating a lot of gym time (or X360 time) this summer and I'm looking for a way to combine the two. I would appreciate any comments you all might have.

Chris Plus
05-03-2009, 10:23 AM
YouTube - Chris - Crazy (Doubles) 100%

This is me. I'm certainly not a small man, but that should add to the splendor of my double mode FA. My FA decreases substantially when I play anything harder, and exponentially past 9's and 10's. This is my only quad star period, I haven't got any in single, but I have 138 AAA's, my most impressive of which are probably L'amour (chaotic) CSFIL:Speed Mix (speed) Tribal Dance (5th mix, no mods) Wild Rush (speed ups) and Test My Best followed by 1, 2, 3, 4, 007 (both on 5th mix double).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxEI47uuw9A&feature=channel