Pulitzer material Achievement bug?

DoctorGremlin

I just handed over the remaining 8 jackal records to the reporter like i did with the first 8 in the north, but no achievement popped up :( are there any more records or is the achievement bugged?

Edit: Just took a look on my list of jackal-tapes, and figured out that there must be 17 tapes overall, could that be? i got the numbers 00-07 and 09-16, so i'm missing number 8 :( Anybody got an idea where i could find that tape?

Edited by DoctorGremlin

• 2 months later...

I'm also having the same problem as this guy, I have collected all 16 tapes and when I go to the journalist he doesn't thank me. Just mutters about an old guys last words. Thats it, he won't talk to me again and I don't have the achievement. what gives!?

Oh and just to top it off, now that I've given him the tapes he's disappeared. grr.

I just handed over the remaining 8 jackal records to the reporter like i did with the first 8 in the north, but no achievement popped up :( are there any more records or is the achievement bugged?

Edit: Just took a look on my list of jackal-tapes, and figured out that there must be 17 tapes overall, could that be? i got the numbers 00-07 and 09-16, so i'm missing number 8 :( Anybody got an idea where i could find that tape?

Edited by Fir3Flare

I got all the tapes and returned them to the journalist, however, tape number 16 never showed up in my journal. Got the achievement though. Weird glitch. I have no idea what to do in you guys' situations, unfortunately :(

So you had tape no.9 but not tape no.16? oh and if you could remember, what sort of percentage or position in the game were you at when you handed in the tapes. ubisoft sure crammed this game full of bugs lol.

Hmm, seems I didn't remember it exactly right - I have tapes 00-06 and 09-16, so 15 tapes all in all. The latest 2 I picked up didn't auto-play, which was a bit weird.

lol it just gets better doesn't it. You get the achievement with less than 16 tapes, and I get no achievement with 16 tapes. Who agrees with me that ubisoft's logic is somewhat impaired.

Well, I think I did get all the tapes - they just didn't show up in the journal. I checked after I found that second one that didn't auto-play, and no new tape number had appeared in the journal.

So it's not that stupid, but still broken that you didn't get the achievement.

Do you have some saves from before in the game that you could use to try and get them again? Anyway, I hope they patch the game.

Im just about to finish the North area and I currently have 9 tapes (00 - 08), I found 01 - 08, was given 00... maybe you missed one in the north but it gave you the achievement for it anyhows...

well I got all 8 tapes in the north 00-07 but not 08(got the achievement just fine), then in the south 09-16. However what I did do was handover some of the tapes to the journalist before I had all 8 in the south, so maybe with an old save I'll go back and grab all the tapes again, before i talk to the journalist. That may be what screwed it up. Thanks for the tips anyway guys.

I think I'll go back to an old save in the north and find that infamous 9th tape, because I bet that is what it is.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've missed one in the North:mad:, just checked my tapes.. in the list its in this order:

1 00. Infamy -One from tutorial

2 01. Smuggling

3 02. Circulation

4 03. Economics

5 04. Home

6 05. Rat- Catcher

7 06, Career Counseling

8 07. Stability

--- I'm guessing this is the one I've missed looking at the tape numbers, anyone know what one it is and IF it is located in the North?

9 09. Stealing Boots

10 10. Gluten-Free

11 11. Necessary Evil

12 12. Lion's share

13 13. Unrecognizable

14 14. Gutshot

15 15. No sense

16 16. Numbers

Hey People where is this journalist? some people say he appears at Mike's bar but i have never seen him and im up to 85% ive never seen him at the bar unless he comes to give me a mission and then wont accept the journals i have all of the journals just never know where to find this guy at. Can anyone help me out where do u find the journalist so that he accepts the journals?

Thanks a Plenty

security, yes you are missing one from the north, it is titled "The Humanist"

steele, the journalist is the african man who sits at the table at mikes/marina bar. he is the one to give you the first jackal tape. he also doesnt give you any missions besides telling you to go to the church for medicine.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Does anybody know, why I only got the first of the second 8 tapes? I took the most of the tapes in the south but they are not shown in the statics -.-

So couldn't I get the cheevo anymore? Fucking Bug -.-

Don't worry about this I had the same problem my list stopped recording journals at 09:Stealing boots, I still collected them all anyway and then handed them in and I still got the achievement. The achievement work like on and off switches all you need is the journals in your possession for them to count and be "turned on". My record said nine but in truth I had all of them so I still got the achievement.

By the way the journalist is part of a mission towards the end of the game and you can give the journals to him then.

Lightning Strikes again

• 2 months later...

I know what I'm going to say is not totally related but I got issues with the tape as well but instead of missing a tape. The thing is after collecting 00-08 tapes on the North side and arrived at the Marina and looking for convoy mission, I saved and continued playing the next day.

Collecting the first Jackal tape was okay which is about a kid and a burger thing, however after searching for the other tapes it keeps repeating the same burger talk thing all over again and after checking out the Jackal Tapes I've collected, it only displays 00 to 09 and not 10 or 11.

Any clue whatsoever? Cuz this game is really bugged up.

• 1 month later...

I had 4 tapes, picked up two more and went to the journalist.

I was thanked by the journalist for handing in the tapes, and got the first tape related achievement.

Then after all that I looked in my journal, under the jackal tapes section, and only 4 tapes.

I went back to one of the locations where I picked up a tape, and there was nothing there.

Now there is only one question in my head.... WTF?!?

Do you have to get all the tapes in the north before continuing in the south?? Im stumped, any help would be appreciated.

I know what I'm going to say is not totally related but I got issues with the tape as well but instead of missing a tape. The thing is after collecting 00-08 tapes on the North side and arrived at the Marina and looking for convoy mission, I saved and continued playing the next day.

Collecting the first Jackal tape was okay which is about a kid and a burger thing, however after searching for the other tapes it keeps repeating the same burger talk thing all over again and after checking out the Jackal Tapes I've collected, it only displays 00 to 09 and not 10 or 11.

Any clue whatsoever? Cuz this game is really bugged up.

Same problem with me too, the other two tapes i picked up were the same as Stealing Boots, tape number 9.