PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero: World Tour?

Quiet Killda 102
10-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero: World Tour? Which is better? And WHY?

and also do the guitar hero WT drums and mic and guitars work for Rock Band 2?

Itsbrown4606
10-31-2008, 12:17 AM
TOPIC LOCK NOW! FLAME WAR IMMINENT! (caps)

[M]ike
10-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Even though I have the complete World Tour on pre-order, I believe the gameplay of Rock Band 2 is much better.

And yes, all the instruments are cross-compatable.

Gokumoves
10-31-2008, 12:28 AM
I prefer RB to GH, reasons including:
1. Vocals are actually fun to play.
2. I personally like the song list better
3. Its more of a challenge. (to all the GH fanboys that hated on RB for being so easy.. well you lose now) the timing window for notes seems HUGE I find myself thinking I really shouldnt have gotten that/those notes and I know its making me worse of a fake instrument player.
4. Maybe its cause I'm using the RB drums, but I dont find drums on GH to be near as hard. my arm got tired playing rebel yell on hard so I just started to play the double notes and the kick notes. (about 1/3 of the beats) and I didnt even leave the green and I did that for at least 45secs.

There both fun though, and all the rock band equipment works fine on GH.. not quite sure about the other way around.

Phil709
10-31-2008, 01:40 AM
BIAS! Posting this on the Guitar Hero forum! Honestly though I've enjoyed the guitar note charts on World Tour more than on Rock Band 2.

Der Nacho
10-31-2008, 01:44 AM
Rock Band Wins on the Band play aspect, and songlist, but no one can do good guitar note charts better than Guitar Hero.

o0 TommyGuns 0o
10-31-2008, 02:27 AM
other then vocals i think guitar hero is 1000 times better

wazz1
10-31-2008, 03:38 PM
oh great!!!!! lets start another stupid fanboy argument!!!!!!

Jaster Mereel04
10-31-2008, 07:22 PM
dont get me wrong i like both games, but if i had a preference because of my Friday Night Lights (drunken buddy night) im going with Rock Band 2 because overall, everything works better in game and no one has to struggle with bugs in the game play.....or instruments in order to have fun and not kill your buzz. Along with Rock Bands LARGE setlist....i currently have 400+ songs including DLC and RB1 exported and there is something for everyone. GHWT only has at tops 90 songs. and they are 80% on RB. So sorry GHWT fans, RB has my vote being how its a party type game for me and the groupies win.

P1TTMAN
10-31-2008, 08:03 PM
There's a difference?

wazz1
10-31-2008, 09:23 PM
?:locked?

honestly, these threads get nowhere...

Quiet Killda 102
11-01-2008, 12:10 AM
BIAS! Posting this on the Guitar Hero forum! Honestly though I've enjoyed the guitar note charts on World Tour more than on Rock Band 2.
well i posted this in the rock band 2 forums as well so...

xxNIGHTWINGxxx
11-01-2008, 01:42 AM
They are both the same game. Pretty much the same songs. You just have to ask your self, am I a rectangle kind of person or a circle kind of person.

Shadow Assa5in
11-01-2008, 09:32 AM
I am going to say Guitar hero becoz Rock Band 1 hasnt even come out in Australia yet

INSANEKID13
11-01-2008, 02:52 PM
between the two i think rock band 2 is better, its got better songs and replay value i don't know how much more of the cartoony characters i can take. RB to me just has a better feel but GH i think has more room for errors

SebastianSB
11-01-2008, 06:19 PM
They are both the same game. Pretty much the same songs. You just have to ask your self, am I a rectangle kind of person or a circle kind of person.

While the basic gameplay is the same there are several key differences between the two that make a large difference in the end. There would be very little for people to argue about if the only difference was note shape.

zombie stomp52
11-01-2008, 08:29 PM
in my opinion, GH is better. yes, RB has a better song list, but the GH instruments r longer lasting, and they look cooler =) but really, they r basically the same thing.. i can play as guitar, vocals, bass, or drums... I AM NOT SAYING THEY R EXACTLY THE SAME so dont say i am =\

OneKlicKill
11-02-2008, 01:05 AM
lol these threads are the best arguments are inevitable. I love the GHWT drums (5 notes not 4) if u play wit the rock band drums you cant really say you have played the GHWT drums (and no i dont have any broken drums exept for the edge of the yellow symol dosent pick up but i dont care cus i usualy get close to hiting the actual yellow color on the symbol (: ). and ill agree that GHWT singing sucks, but i cant sing for crap any way. ability to make crazy ass solos is fun even if u dont get it to sound how you imagin. and if GHWT starts pumpin out DLC like Rock band GHWT will over power RB2 for sure

smiteus
11-15-2008, 07:15 PM
i havent really played rockband yet it only just came out in australia like a week ago but we havent got rock band 2 yet i might ebay ro some to get that if its that good like so many people say it it lol but my imo is guitar hero beats rock band 1!! by a long shot tho i can say that cuz they just both came out in aus tho but both set list sucks there is like 5-10 songs on each that are really good but u cannot sit there for a while and play then like u did on guitar hero 3

atomiclard
11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
you all deserve a pat on the back for not engaging in a raging metal fuelled fan boy war! well done. (:

RoCKeTMaN
11-16-2008, 10:55 AM
GHWT = better guitar. Rock band = good overall and better songs..

ezekiel 08
11-16-2008, 11:30 AM
I like the songs better in GH:WT but the singing is horrible. Drums with the 5 pads is also a plus. I also like the HOPO's in World Tour more, they are way too tight in RB.

That and the fact we only JUST got Rock Band 1 the other week here in Australia. I've have RB since it was released in the UK though, I got one shipped over but it was a massive disappointment.

Oh, and online bands are also a plus to World Tour over RB1 :p.