PDA

View Full Version : Fallout Games for Windows Live - Help

garbfink
10-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Fallout is a 'game for windows live' which means that I can earn achievment points while playing the game on my laptop as opposed to my xbox.

However it seems that my save game files are linked to my live account name (garbfink) and this seems to only be available when I have an interent connection.

My question - I will be travelling around the country for a couple of weeks if I am in a spot where I am not able to get an internet connection can I still access my save games that are saved under my LIVE ID and earn offline achievments which will be updated once I am back in civilisation and have an interent connection or will I have to have two games on the go 1 for when I have and internet connection which will use my LIVE ID and one where I am playing completley offline.

Don't know if anybody knows the answer to this but any help you can shed would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

G.

Skelix
10-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Test it out now, get to a point where you're going to get an achievment from finishing a quest. Save the game. Disconnect internet and do it and save it under another file. Connect and load see if you get it.

I know Gears of War gave you credit offline and then when you connected gave you the achievment. But Halo 2 on the other hand not only would not give them to you, it would corrupt the entire level so you'd have to do it over while connected.

I'd try it out now if I was home but am at work.

garbfink
10-31-2008, 12:16 PM
bugger!

I'm at work to.

I'm not actually that bothered about chieves for this game it's just I'm driving up to Scotland tonight straight after work and I wanted to carry on my game but I don't think the place I'm staying will have wi-fi so I won't be able to connect and I'll have to start over again.

neok182
10-31-2008, 04:03 PM
hopefully you haven't left yet.

as long as you have the latest version of LIVE for windows which is required to play the game so you should be fine. you can play and get achievements offline and you can still sign in it just won't sign you in to LIVE but your profile will be signed in. same way it works on the xbox.

just make sure to connect to the internet again before getting any new achievements on your xbox. screws things up sometimes.