PDA

View Full Version : Insane Bonuses (spoilers)

Takun
10-31-2008, 01:39 PM
The achies in this game are pretty easy - the only ones worth real investment in time os the Power Surge and I got that best off at the start with the tutorial, using the fights that give you a quick attack and the flee option. But anyways...

If episode 3 is anything like episode 2, it'll be worth going back and playing the game in Insane mode (which is almost laughable, because the entire set of achies can be obtained on easy) so the unlocked bonus is carried over to the next game. What bonus? you might ask? Well...

The 4 Insane chests that can only be opened on Insane difficulty give you the special 3rd Insane costume.... Insane!! (sorry, I had to do it.)

Anyway, so far ive only gotten the one, but I think ive worked out just what the costume is. So you know, heres that special worning you get if you want to be surprised.. unfortunately Im not sure which colour to make the text so it blends in with the background, and you have to highlight it if you want to see it, so I'll just give you some space.

SPOILER

Kinda... not really. Anyways.

The first insane chest grants you a pair of Japanese-style sandals. The rest of the costume outline also has an unlocked extra weapon (which is obviously HOE shaped..) and has a big round thing strapped to the back, like an oriental style hat.

Awesome - we get to play as Gabe's infamous Cardboard Tube Samurai!!

DJzero
12-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Has anyone completed this? I'm still working through my first playthrough, but I'd be damn interested to see a CTS outfit.

DJzero
03-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Kind of a shame that you have to play Insane to get the outfit. I didn't make it very far. Guess I kinda suck at blocking, unfortunately... But in my defense, I think if I had a bigger TV and if it was HD, I'd probably be able to see things better and get more blocks... *heh*