PDA

View Full Version : Confused in Megaton

Atarii
10-31-2008, 02:44 PM
I searched the forums for an answer to this but no such luck - so now I gotta ask a stupid question.... where in bloody hell can I sleep in Megaton? None of the NPC's I've conversed with say anything about an inn or any place to sleep or rent a room for a night so I can rest (and heal my crippled status).

garbfink
10-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Heh don't feel too stupid because I have the same question. I think you can rent a room with that bird in the saloon but you get a bit of extra caricular activity *wink* and at 120 caps she is far too expensive, as for just a room, I don't know.

Akalabeth
10-31-2008, 02:50 PM
After completing "The power of the atom" quest you will get a bed. Unless you chose the option that destroys said bed.

Taegost
10-31-2008, 02:51 PM
If you ask any of the named NPCs in any town, one of the options you'll get is "I need directions" or something along those lines, and one of the options is "Where can I rest?".
In Megaton, you can get a room at Moriartys', it's 120 caps/night, which seems to be the norm.
If you disarm the bomb, they give you a house in town you can sleep and store items for free.

InfernoX222
10-31-2008, 02:53 PM
I searched the forums for an answer to this but no such luck - so now I gotta ask a stupid question.... where in bloody hell can I sleep in Megaton? None of the NPC's I've conversed with say anything about an inn or any place to sleep or rent a room for a night so I can rest (and heal my crippled status).

The bar with the ghoul has a bed but it is 120 per night (w/ sex...) But if you *HIGHLIGHT FOR TEXT SPOILER!!!* Once you disarm the bomb the sheriff give you a house that is to the left as you come in the city gates... I suggest doing the disarming AFTER you tell Mister Burke that you will blow up the town... Then tell the Sheriff and kill Mister Burke ;)

Sorry dont know how to do the tags :(

Atarii
10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
nvm, after checking another game forum I found some close by locations where I could rest. I also found out that I could get the empty house in Megaton after completing a quest, so I gotta get to work on that now >_<

EDIT: thanks for all the responses though :)

QueenFragger000
10-31-2008, 03:55 PM
I haven't done the atom quest yet, still trying to figure it out as I don't want to blow up the town. But if you've found the Super Duper Mart thing, there are matresses on the floor in the back of the store in the back rooms...I usually just go there and sleep.

InfernoX222
10-31-2008, 03:59 PM
I haven't done the atom quest yet, still trying to figure it out as I don't want to blow up the town. But if you've found the Super Duper Mart thing, there are matresses on the floor in the back of the store in the back rooms...I usually just go there and sleep.

If you want any tips just let us know... I personaly didnt blow up Megaton... So I can offer my pointers...

Super-Duper Mart Was awesome :woop:

ryfry99
10-31-2008, 04:16 PM
I think theres a common house near the back you can sleep in

big red marino
10-31-2008, 05:49 PM
possible spoiler...

I would say completing the power of the atom by not blowing up town is the best. This gives you an immediate place to store/sleep. Also, there are achievement related missions that come from Megaton...Completing the Survival Guide and Blood Ties are the two I know for sure.

Currently working on THOSE!...Talk about a mission within a mission within a mission, etc., etc.

o0EVIL0o x360a
10-31-2008, 07:09 PM
I like how a lot of the missions and happenings are interrelated, just like in real life. ;)

Skeletor
10-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Also, after talking with Three Dog @ the GNR, he has a bed in one of his rooms....so anytime u need quick HP boost just jump to GNR on the map and take a quick rest...

GTukC
10-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Anyone know how to actually complete the disarming the bomb mission, if I click the bomb it just says I lack the detonating skills, I butchered that guy who asked me to blow up the town to see if it would get rid of the explode option but to no avail.

Kimdir
10-31-2008, 11:41 PM
There's skill levels related to both options with the bomb. You just have to have high enough in said skills (Not sure which ones...)