PDA

View Full Version : Nuka Cola Quantum achivement help(inside of factory)

SideDish120
10-31-2008, 11:18 PM
I have searched everywhere in the factory.
except the middle doorway where you need 100 lockpick to get in
went thru a bright blue area and came upon the offices. not much there :(
any help?

Decaying Rat
11-01-2008, 04:43 PM
I have to find 30 bottles of Nuka-Cola Quantums, where?

Axe Argonian
11-01-2008, 04:46 PM
The bottles are scattered across D.C. I've searched high and low, and I only have 15. Thankfully, there are more than 30 in the game.

MTS badillin
11-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Im not even half way through and i already delivered 17... Just check every Vending Machine you see... there are way more than 30... (you use some of the Nukacola Quantum to make powerful granades!)

BlueWolf
11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I found dozens, never knew I had to save em until now, been drinking and selling em, thankfully I've been keeping a stash at my house.

Subway stations have vending machines which nearly always have them, and supa dupa mart has quite a few in the storerooms

WasherDryerCombo
11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
There are about 6-8 of them behind a staircase in the Paradise slaver place.

Matt Jo
11-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I heard there were only 30 in the game so if by accident I drank some am I screwed?

krissu86
11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I heard there were only 30 in the game so if by accident I drank some am I screwed?

There is much more than 30, but they hard to find ;)
I've got 13 right now. Still need to go to a few places (Nuka-Cola Factory).

Syrax
11-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Have anyone of you gone into the Nuka-Cola Plant and found the note called Finding The Furmula? It says to look for the formula in the first floor of the plant. Does anyone know where it is?

rubiq
11-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Have anyone of you gone into the Nuka-Cola Plant and found the note called Finding The Furmula? It says to look for the formula in the first floor of the plant. Does anyone know where it is?

its on a dead body if you do a bit of exploring

nattog
11-03-2008, 01:59 AM
@ syrax, i have been looking for for the Nuka Cola Clear formula all day. the note says that the guys are meeting at the Red Rocket Tricycle Factory. as far as i can tell there is no such place, but slightly north east of the nuka cola plant there is the Red Racer Tricycle Factory which i spent over an hour looking through and i found no nuka cola clear formula or any thing relating to nuka cola at all for that matter. so im not sure what to make of that note... hopefully someone figures it out because its starting to piss me off

@rubix - so the formula is at the nuka cola plant? is there anything at the red racer factory?

Redonkulous BP
11-03-2008, 02:30 AM
To those wondering about the formula:

1. I found the letter about the meet up for selling the formula on a dead body within the plant.

2. Ask robot downstairs to make you a key.

3. Use the key on a locked safe on the first floor. It is built into a wall in a computer lab/office area. The formula is in here.

4. Take the formula to the Red Racer plant - I know it doesn't say tricycle, but that's where it is. You will meet a gang at the front entrance and make the exchange. I hope that helps.

nattog
11-03-2008, 02:56 AM
thanks redonkulous, i will try this when i get off work

tattie
11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
OK Guys I am going to compile a list of location to obtain 30 Nuka-Cola Quantums plus one more for the Nuka-Grenade.

Some information about the Vending machines, basically only 10% of all the vending machines in the game contain NCQ (Nuka-Cola Quantums) so search everyone you see. Prime spots for these are in the Metro Stations.

1. After visiting the Nuka-Cola plant and activating the supply terminal. 3 NCQ will appear in the room below you.

2. After exiting the NC Plant if you run around back there will be a truck with one in the back.

3. South east of Old Olney is a fuel station with a crashed truck. There is 5 in this location.

4. Paradise Falls, Eulogy's Pad, there is 5 in here also.

5. Springvale School, on top of the cage that is front of you immediately as you enter. You have to go upstairs to get to it.

15 done, 15 to go :)

6. Musuem of Technology, in the Planeterium section of the buildings, just follow the signs and you will find the research room.

7. Lincoln Memorial, inside underneath the memorial on a shelf were you speak to the guy that activates the Head of State quest.

8. Arlington Library, go to the media archives section of the building and then to the third floor. There should be a main room with the bottle in the corner behind some skulls.

9. Super-Duper Mart, inside the Medical Supply room that requires a hack to access, there should be 4 in here.

10. Germantown HQ, in the basement where you save Shorty there is a NCQ behind a small metal box.

11. In Arlington Library, when venturing through the corridors you will come across a vending machine on its side on the floor, this has blue juice in it.

To be Continued....

Seany Show
11-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Great idea for a guide dude.Was wondering where I would be able to find 30 of these as am yet to come across any but have got the location of the Nuke Cola plant just havent gone inside yet.

NevEP
11-04-2008, 03:43 PM
It might be good to post a few more than the required 31, since some people might have already drank them, sold them, or if they got knocked around in a firefight.

MrFresh
11-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I believe im not really sure but i remember getting one underneath the RedRocket in Springvale there a Nuka Cola Vending machine.

And i pretty sure about this one, In Hamilton Hideaway there is one (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1289402#post1289402)Quantum and i believe 3 reguler colas

madcap1
11-04-2008, 04:08 PM
It might be good to post a few more than the required 31, since some people might have already drank them, sold them, or if they got knocked around in a firefight.

Thats what I did when I started playing was drinking them lol I should have looked at the achievement list first I guess, but yes good idea and thanks for the info.

Finnan
11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many he has as I did not buy any of them, but there is an NPC that sells them. I found him out in the wastes travelling with a Yao Guai (sp?). I can't remember the name of the location he was at, but it's the place you have to enter when you place the camera in the mirelurk nesting grounds during the wasteland survival guide quest. I also do not know if he travels and will only appear there sporadically as I only visited this location the one time. I hope this helps.

Edit: I forgot to mention, he was charging 100 caps each.

osea101
11-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many he has as I did not buy any of them, but there is an NPC that sells them. I found him out in the wastes travelling with a Yao Guai (sp?). I can't remember the name of the location he was at, but it's the place you have to enter when you place the camera in the mirelurk nesting grounds during the wasteland survival guide quest. I also do not know if he travels and will only appear there sporadically as I only visited this location the one time. I hope this helps.

Edit: I forgot to mention, he was charging 100 caps each.

Can we get someone else to validate this and more info please?

n3cromung3r
11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I've found two that I don't see on the list, I hope this helps haha

1. In the Rivet City, go to the marketplace. Go past the diner (which is right next to the gun shop), and there will be a Nuka Cola machine with a Quantum Cola inside.

2. North-west of Charnel City (Which is west of Jury Street Metro Station, which is west of Vault 101 lol) there's a destroyed building, go in it and to the left, there'll be a friendly scavenger and a Quantum Cola in a crate behind them.

DarkSidesBetter
11-04-2008, 08:04 PM
There's one on top of the safe in the Republic of Dave (Northeastern part of the map) and there's one on top of the "lady's" bed in Dukov's place (Downtown DC area).

shadow.wizard
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
What about mark them on the map? :)

MrFresh
11-04-2008, 08:20 PM
During the Misson for Big Trouble in Big Town, there one in the mutants Hideout..On the 3rd floor behide a Hard Lock Door.

ODST Streck
11-04-2008, 10:22 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101572

Another thread with a lot of locations.

Vaultec Building

2nd or 3rd floor, North side of the building in a small room on some metal shelves (visible)

Half-way between Andale and Fort Independence

Inside overturned trailer directly below the shattered freeway bridge

VAPL-58 Power Station (Down 1 square + left 1 square of Arefu)

#1 Inside substation building
#2 Small shack Southeast of VAPL-58 (Behind large billboard)

Jalbert Brothers Waste Disposal (Directly West of VAPL-58)

Inside "Office" Building

Greener Pastures Disposal Site

Inside "Office" Building*

*Same Location as Agility Bobblehead

Bitter Banandar
11-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Don't forget the super duper mart, when you get into the pharmacy there is a crate with 3 Quantum's.

aussiestatic
11-05-2008, 01:29 AM
List of every Nuka-Cola Quantum's Location
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939933&topic=46362672

xBarNone
11-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Nuka-Cola Quantum locations, for those who need help with ‘The Nuka-Cola Challenge’ quest, or who just want to make a bunch of Nuka Grenades.
A lot of them are pretty vague, I apologize.
At the bottom of the list are really random ones that aren’t easily pinpointed to or near a certain building or location.

1. Alexandria Arms, second floor
2. Anchorage Memorial
3. AntAgonizer’s Lair
4. Arlington Library
5. Bethesda Coach Station
6. Bethesda Ruins, underworks
7. Brahmin skull shack, behind a billboard, SE of VAPL-58 power station
8. Capitol Building, east entrance
9. Chryslus Building, south of reception entrance
10. Cilffside Cavern
11. Deathclaw Sanctuary
12. Dukov’s place
13. Dunwich Building
14. Evergreen Mills, bazaar
15. Flooded Metro Raider camp
16. Fort Bannister, commanding officer’s quarters
17. Fort Constantine, commanding officer’s quarters
18. Fort Independence, living quarters
19. Friendship Station
20. Germantown Police HQ, storage room in the basement
21. Greener Pastures Desposal Site, office
22. Hamilton’s Hideaway
23. Hubris Comics Publishing, printing area
24. Jalbert Brothers Waste Disposal, office
25. Jocko’s Pop & Gas Stop
26. Jury St. Metro Station, mole rat lab
27. La Maison Beaureguard lobby
28. Lincoln Memorial, maintenance room
29. Little Lamplight
30. L.O.B. Enterprises, first floor
31. Lucky’s Grocer
32. Mama Dolce’s Processed Foods, second floor office
33. MDPL-13 Power Station
34. MDPL-16 Power Station
35. MDPL Mass Relay Station, inside safe (Very Hard)
36. Museum Of History, lower halls
37. Museum Of Technology, planetarium office
38. National Guard Depot, armory
39,40,41. Nuka-Cola Plant
42. Oasis, in the cave

43. Old Olney, sewers
44,45,46,47,48. Paradise Falls, in Eulogy’s pad
49. Red Racer factory, CEO office
50,51,52,53. 4 in Red Rocket Gas Station, back of jackknifed truck
54. Regulator HQ
55. Rockbreaker’s Last Gas, on top of vending machine
56. Rock Creek Caverns
57. Roosevelt Academy
58. The Repubilc Of Dave, Capitol Building
59. Scavenger Ruin
60. Sewer Waystaion
61. Smith Casey’s Garage
62. South Arefu Pier
63. Springvale School
64. Statesman Hotel, lounge before the roof
65. 3 at Super Duper Mart
66. Takoma Industrial Factory
67. VAPL-58 Power Station
68. Vault 87, living quarters
69. Vault 92, living quarters
70. Vault 108, entrance level storage closet
71. Vault-Tec HQ, corporate office
72. Warrington Station, Roy Phillip’s hiding spot
73. Yao Guai tunnels, northern tunnel

RANDOM ONES
74. Abandoned Tent
75. Brotherhood Outcast Shack, on the roof
76. Irradiated Outhouse
77. Jackknifed truck (near Fort Bannister)
78. Jackknifed truck (near Nuka-Cola plant)
79. Mirelurk nesting hole, near Lincoln Memorial
80. North Pier, Potomac Mirelurk nest
81. Outpost, near Flooded Metro Raider Camp
82. Parked Nuka-Cola truck, drainage outlet near Nuka-Cola plant
83. Power transformers
84. Pulowski Preservation shelter, near Cornucopia Fresh Groceries
85. Random salesmen sells it along with directions to Girdershade (the town where you recieve the Nuka-Cola Challenge quest)

Alex56
11-09-2008, 05:02 AM
And btw the guy usually only has 1 to sell and it costs 100 caps, or you can talk him down to 50.

GoodlyMelon
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
i have 25/30 nuka cola quantums, i hear the jackknifed truck holds a few where is it?

Akalabeth
11-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Have you got the 5 from Eulogy's Pad in paradise falls?

4 at the Jackknifed truck = lat15 long25
the next closest is in an irradiated outhouse in the bathtub= lat15 long 23

1 at another jackknifed truck = lat-20 long 4

GoodlyMelon
11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
what does lat15 long25 mean, and yeh i have the eulogy ones

Shinobi273
11-10-2008, 06:12 PM
what does lat15 long25 mean, and yeh i have the eulogy ones

Check the FAQ for a map with the coordinate system drawn on it.

Elekid
11-12-2008, 01:14 AM
So we only need what, 30, for the achievement? I drank a handful already. I'm still in the clear?

gatorbait
11-12-2008, 07:28 AM
It's good to hear that there will be more then enough. I was worried I saved this side mission for too long and I knew I've already come across some that I've drank. Should be fun doing more exploring!

Law
11-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Where is the Red Rocket Gas Station?

EDIT: Found it. Lat. 13 Long. 25

Runic Aries
11-13-2008, 09:15 PM
is there any way to get the quantums back? because i killed seira and she didnt have the key to her machine, and i ask because i cant find ANY quantums and i had 32 on me, but she stole the extra 2 i was going to use for the nuka grenade.

so i want to either get the 32 quantums back or get more quantums so is there any way to do this, cause ive searched almost everywhere and cant find any more.

Akalabeth
11-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Reload a save before giving them to her. Put one in your house. Or say screw it as you already have the achievement.

Omegafr
11-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Or search a little...there are a lot more than just 32 Quantum in the game. I think there's a faq on gamefaqs (or gamespot maybe...not sure) with the location of all the Quantum bottles.

judagrmn
11-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Or search a little...there are a lot more than just 32 Quantum in the game. I think there's a faq on gamefaqs (or gamespot maybe...not sure) with the location of all the Quantum bottles.
My buddy said there is a trader that told him of a lady somewhere that will give you a map of the locations is this true? I searched around but couldn't find anything.

Snuggle Boots
11-14-2008, 12:12 AM
if i already gave the chick 6 of my quantums, do i only gotta get 24 more?

or do i gotta giv her all 30 at once...?

EDIT: you can i gave her 6 first then 24 later n it worked :)

mari54
01-31-2009, 06:54 AM
Check the FAQ for a map with the coordinate system drawn on it.

Can you give direct link to that info, i can't seem to find it. Thanks

ch9209live
01-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Can you give direct link to that info, i can't seem to find it. Thanks

here is link for map http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/107/fallout3maplatandlongbt2.jpg

Master Lord
01-31-2009, 03:22 PM
There are about 90 in the game.

Booey
01-31-2009, 05:34 PM
There is a great list of locations for all Nuka Cola Quantoms + directions to them -> http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Nuka-Cola_Challenge here

Gage3Wade
02-01-2009, 12:05 AM
OK Guys I am going to compile a list of location to obtain 30 Nuka-Cola Quantums plus one more for the Nuka-Grenade.

Some information about the Vending machines, basically only 10% of all the vending machines in the game contain NCQ (Nuka-Cola Quantums) so search everyone you see. Prime spots for these are in the Metro Stations.

1. After visiting the Nuka-Cola plant and activating the supply terminal. 3 NCQ will appear in the room below you.

2. After exiting the NC Plant if you run around back there will be a truck with one in the back.

3. South east of Old Olney is a fuel station with a crashed truck. There is 5 in this location.

4. Paradise Falls, Eulogy's Pad, there is 5 in here also.

5. Springvale School, on top of the cage that is front of you immediately as you enter. You have to go upstairs to get to it.

15 done, 15 to go :)

6. Musuem of Technology, in the Planeterium section of the buildings, just follow the signs and you will find the research room.

7. Lincoln Memorial, inside underneath the memorial on a shelf were you speak to the guy that activates the Head of State quest.

8. Arlington Library, go to the media archives section of the building and then to the third floor. There should be a main room with the bottle in the corner behind some skulls.

9. Super-Duper Mart, inside the Medical Supply room that requires a hack to access, there should be 4 in here.

10. Germantown HQ, in the basement where you save Shorty there is a NCQ behind a small metal box.

11. In Arlington Library, when venturing through the corridors you will come across a vending machine on its side on the floor, this has blue juice in it.

To be Continued.... nice this will help me find some i missed

cupcakelad
02-01-2009, 07:05 AM
any help?

the quantums are behind the 100 lockpick door go all the way in the back till you see a friendly robot. Hack the terminal and you should get the option to make 3 quantums come from the delivery line. In the room before the terminal.

Hope this helps.

Cheezbrgr
02-01-2009, 09:02 AM
To answer the posters question... I searched up and down too and could not find a THING! I think it is through the door. Personally I just found 31 (one for Nuka Grenade) during my time finding the bobbleheads and so I was fine

The Clutch Hand
02-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Nuka-Cola Quantum locations, for those who need help with ‘The Nuka-Cola Challenge’ quest, or who just want to make a bunch of Nuka Grenades.
A lot of them are pretty vague, I apologize.
At the bottom of the list are really random ones that aren’t easily pinpointed to or near a certain building or location.

1. Alexandria Arms, second floor
2. Anchorage Memorial
3. AntAgonizer’s Lair
4. Arlington Library
5. Bethesda Coach Station
6. Bethesda Ruins, underworks
7. Brahmin skull shack, behind a billboard, SE of VAPL-58 power station
8. Capitol Building, east entrance
9. Chryslus Building, south of reception entrance
10. Cilffside Cavern
11. Deathclaw Sanctuary
12. Dukov’s place
13. Dunwich Building
14. Evergreen Mills, bazaar
15. Flooded Metro Raider camp
16. Fort Bannister, commanding officer’s quarters
17. Fort Constantine, commanding officer’s quarters
18. Fort Independence, living quarters
19. Friendship Station
20. Germantown Police HQ, storage room in the basement
21. Greener Pastures Desposal Site, office
22. Hamilton’s Hideaway
23. Hubris Comics Publishing, printing area
24. Jalbert Brothers Waste Disposal, office
25. Jocko’s Pop & Gas Stop
26. Jury St. Metro Station, mole rat lab
27. La Maison Beaureguard lobby
28. Lincoln Memorial, maintenance room
29. Little Lamplight
30. L.O.B. Enterprises, first floor
31. Lucky’s Grocer
32. Mama Dolce’s Processed Foods, second floor office
33. MDPL-13 Power Station
34. MDPL-16 Power Station
35. MDPL Mass Relay Station, inside safe (Very Hard)
36. Museum Of History, lower halls
37. Museum Of Technology, planetarium office
38. National Guard Depot, armory
39,40,41. Nuka-Cola Plant
42. Oasis, in the cave

43. Old Olney, sewers
44,45,46,47,48. Paradise Falls, in Eulogy’s pad
49. Red Racer factory, CEO office
50,51,52,53. 4 in Red Rocket Gas Station, back of jackknifed truck
54. Regulator HQ
55. Rockbreaker’s Last Gas, on top of vending machine
56. Rock Creek Caverns
57. Roosevelt Academy
58. The Repubilc Of Dave, Capitol Building
59. Scavenger Ruin
60. Sewer Waystaion
61. Smith Casey’s Garage
62. South Arefu Pier
63. Springvale School
64. Statesman Hotel, lounge before the roof
65. 3 at Super Duper Mart
66. Takoma Industrial Factory
67. VAPL-58 Power Station
68. Vault 87, living quarters
69. Vault 92, living quarters
70. Vault 108, entrance level storage closet
71. Vault-Tec HQ, corporate office
72. Warrington Station, Roy Phillip’s hiding spot
73. Yao Guai tunnels, northern tunnel

RANDOM ONES
74. Abandoned Tent
75. Brotherhood Outcast Shack, on the roof
76. Irradiated Outhouse
77. Jackknifed truck (near Fort Bannister)
78. Jackknifed truck (near Nuka-Cola plant)
79. Mirelurk nesting hole, near Lincoln Memorial
80. North Pier, Potomac Mirelurk nest
81. Outpost, near Flooded Metro Raider Camp
82. Parked Nuka-Cola truck, drainage outlet near Nuka-Cola plant
83. Power transformers
84. Pulowski Preservation shelter, near Cornucopia Fresh Groceries
85. Random salesmen sells it along with directions to Girdershade (the town where you recieve the Nuka-Cola Challenge quest)

This was a waste dude there is a very good guide up already for every achievement in the game, and you should not get the credit..... Stop taking the light away from pants party!

Touchofmadness
04-25-2009, 03:11 PM
any help?

Theres a room in the factory with a computer that u can hack it is (very easy) when u hack it u can dispence 3 nuka cola quantums also there is a robot in a room cant remember what he is called but he starts talking to u. There is a speech thing i have 80 speech and i had a 70% chance of perswading him he will give u the code for a computer that computer then tells u were around 17 nuka cola quantoms are. Hope i helped :woop:

LukeWnek
04-25-2009, 03:38 PM
if you are still looking for the one in the factory its on the ground floor, look for a conveyer belt with regular colas on it, there should be a room near it, with a computer i dont think you need to hack it if you do its less then 20 science cause mines at 21 lol and just press nuka cola quantom and there you got 3

XBLsFinest
04-26-2009, 09:14 AM
i have 25/30 nuka cola quantums, i hear the jackknifed truck holds a few where is it?
It's behind the Nuka Cola factory. There is also one Quantum inside a vending machine around the outside of the factory, just go all the way around the factory and you should find the truck and the vending machine, also if you have 100 Lockpick you can go inside and start up the production line giving you another 3 Nuka Colas. If you need anymore help just go to Fallout Wiki.

TheDrkAssassain
04-26-2009, 01:34 PM
There are 100 of them i believe, plenty of scattered guides have all of them (i think the fallout wiki has all locations listed)

pinkfluff1
04-27-2009, 04:36 PM
If you read the achievement guide on this forum you'd find a link to fallout wiki which has detailed locations of all the possible quantum available. that site also has info on everything else in the game and is highly accurate.

KillTheft_Echo
04-27-2009, 07:48 PM
If your in the factory, the Door your looking for to get to the actual "Processing Plant" is in the Offices. Cant be too descriptive, but i know the door to get to the area that holds the Quantums is in the Offices.
Use this:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-Cola_Plant

reardons-got-madskills
10-05-2009, 12:50 AM
ive got about 65 of them and ive beat the game about 4 times... theyre easy to find if you find all of the locations in the game

xXiTziManiacXx
10-05-2009, 11:36 PM
there is a perk that should make this achievement way easier to get its a lvl 22 perk called quantum chemist or something along those lines if u have broken steel. it changes every 10 nuka cola you get into a quantum.