PDA

View Full Version : If a buddy dies after you've rescued him will that affect achievement?

kormac
11-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Hi all,

I saved Warren at the beginning of the game, and I'm on the mission where you need to kill the police chief then go help Warren kill the convoy. Well I found out that no matter how fast I get there he seems to go down and pop the purple smoke. I tried a few times now to revive him but he ends up bleeding out after asking for more syrettes.

I think this is a bug because I saved at the nearest safehouse before reaching his objective, and I've also tried rushing straight there after I kill the cop from a previous save file, and either way he ends up getting wounded just as I mop up the enemies!

So like the title of this thread says, will losing this buddy affect my achievement for saving all the buddies from their predicaments?

I might try some more to save him but really I'm getting sick of what I'm starting to think is a bug. Any ideas? I really hope you dont need all the buddies alive at the end of the game to get this achievemnt :(

DemonI81
11-01-2008, 03:32 AM
You just have to unlock all the buddies. 6 in the North, 5 in the South. Once they are unlocked it doesn't matter if they die.
Check the guide for the buddy locations. I don't think the last 2 in the South have been updated yet, but they're posted on the last page.

kormac
11-01-2008, 06:24 AM
great! thanks demon.

i was hoping that was the case because i seriously cannot save his stupid ass. it's gotta be a bug :)

DirtyMcHater
11-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know if there's a way of saving the buddies at the church, No matter how hard I try they end up dying one way or another. What puzzles me is that on the stats page they're classified as Missing, and not deceased. :/

kormac
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
i'm really starting to think the game simply has a lot of bugs. after i moved on from the ill fated warren, i got another similar mission where i had to help one of the chicks ambush a convoy. i thought the same thing was going to happen where i kill everyone but my buddy die no matter what. well in this situation it was the total opposite. before i got around the train, my buddy killed EVERYONE. first objective i've ever done where my buddy did all the work lol.

i think it's just buggy. do the best you can and hope for the best because weird stuff happens all the time in this game.

BullZeye
11-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Does anyone know if there's a way of saving the buddies at the church, No matter how hard I try they end up dying one way or another. What puzzles me is that on the stats page they're classified as Missing, and not deceased. :/

I don't think there's any way for you or any of your buddies to survive the attack.It's intended that you're the only one who barely makes it into the south.
And as for the "missing" buddies...just play through the game and you'll understand.

DirtyMcHater
11-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't think there's any way for you or any of your buddies to survive the attack.It's intended that you're the only one who barely makes it into the south.
And as for the "missing" buddies...just play through the game and you'll understand.

Ok :( But now I"m about to get to safepane and I have no buddies. Meaning when I do the mission I won't be able to subvert it, meaning I won't unlock the achievement for subverting all missions for the south?

DemonI81
11-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Ok :( But now I"m about to get to safepane and I have no buddies. Meaning when I do the mission I won't be able to subvert it, meaning I won't unlock the achievement for subverting all missions for the south?
I have the strategy guide. No matter what you pick, the buddies or the church, you and all your buddies will die, well, you wont, but almost. There's nothing you can do about it.
When you get to the South you are assigned 3 buddies during the intro missions then you can go pick 2 more up any time after the intro missions for the achievement, providing you unlocked all 6 in the north before going to the south. Check the achievement guide thread for the exact locations of the buddies.

DirtyMcHater
11-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I have the strategy guide. No matter what you pick, the buddies or the church, you and all your buddies will die, well, you wont, but almost. There's nothing you can do about it.
When you get to the South you are assigned 3 buddies during the intro missions then you can go pick 2 more up any time after the intro missions for the achievement, providing you unlocked all 6 in the north before going to the south. Check the achievement guide thread for the exact locations of the buddies.

Always helpful man. But I didn't unlock all the buddies in the north. I was thinking I would still be able to go back :(

DemonI81
11-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Always helpful man. But I didn't unlock all the buddies in the north. I was thinking I would still be able to go back :(
Unfortunately you can't go back and unlock the north buddies. You can go back to the north, but the buddies are all gone. If you start another game on easy, just unlock the buddies and do the main missions, you could probably get the achievement in 6 hours or so. Maybe longer since all the freakin' driving.
Drive 1 min. Shoot a few people. Fix assault truck. Repeat for several hours. Seems to be this game in a nutshell.

DirtyMcHater
11-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately you can't go back and unlock the north buddies. You can go back to the north, but the buddies are all gone. If you start another game on easy, just unlock the buddies and do the main missions, you could probably get the achievement in 6 hours or so. Maybe longer since all the freakin' driving.
Drive 1 min. Shoot a few people. Fix assault truck. Repeat for several hours. Seems to be this game in a nutshell.

Yeah, that sucks, I had a rental do I doubt I'd be getting that achievement. At least not now. I might try to convince my nephew to buy the game so I can get what I'm missing . LOL.

Cashaddi
11-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey there...

I got the same problem as the thread maker...

Do I really don't need this dumbfuck at all?
Cause these buddies offer sidemissions in Mike's Bar...

Edit: I managed to safe this douchefuckbagofshitpile...( he didnt even got wounded)
Do I have to worry about him on the next mission?
And do I have(!) to do these sidemissions in Mike's Bar?

Thanks in advance :D