PDA

View Full Version : Here and Now Perk - dont wait at 10

ewizard
11-01-2008, 04:42 AM
At level 10 you get the Here and Now perk as a possible choice - don't choose any other perk at 10 - this one auto grants you a level up to next level 11 and you get to redistribute skill points and choose another perk.

Wow did I love this when I got it!! A bonus level granted to your character basically!

So please if your having trouble at level 10, take this perk!! Essentially between level 10 and 11 if you need a skill really badly and you chose the other perk/book that grants you extra skill points to assign, then you can essentially distribute at 10/11 a total of 46 skill points!

Friendly advice - dont pass it up! Take it as soon as its available and plan out what you want at just before hitting the level 10!

xLUNCHTREYx
11-01-2008, 04:47 AM
At level 10 you get the Here and Now perk as a possible choice - don't choose any other perk at 10 - this one auto grants you a level up to next level 11 and you get to redistribute skill points and choose another perk.

Wow did I love this when I got it!! A bonus level granted to your character basically!

So please if your having trouble at level 10, take this perk!! Essentially between level 10 and 11 if you need a skill really badly and you chose the other perk/book that grants you extra skill points to assign, then you can essentially distribute at 10/11 a total of 46 skill points!

Friendly advice - dont pass it up! Take it as soon as its available and plan out what you want at just before hitting the level 10!

nice. ill look into it.

Stevedawg313
11-01-2008, 04:48 AM
What I don't get is why would someone be lazy and chose a perk that simply gives you a level up when you can go out and level up normally and use that perk you would have wasted on something more useful...

xLUNCHTREYx
11-01-2008, 04:50 AM
What I don't get is why would someone be lazy and chose a perk that simply gives you a level up when you can go out and level up normally and use that perk you would have wasted on something more useful...

lazy , my god you have no idea what your talking about. lol :p.

SpinelesS
11-01-2008, 04:52 AM
if you use the here and now perk you loose out on another perk though, Since there are only 20 levels and therefor you can only gain 20 level perks it seems a waste to use it on something you can gain just as easily with time...

JTHM87
11-01-2008, 06:00 AM
lazy , my god you have no idea what your talking about. lol :p.

Actually, he/she knows exactly what they're talking about. I had a discussion about these perks (Level up/ 10% bonus exp)with someone the other day.

The reasoning behind NOT getting it is overwhelming in contrast to the reasons for actually getting them. Sure, you get to level faster, but the reality of it is that these perks do not help your character in any other way whatsoever.

Now if it were possible to level up to a point where you could get literally every perk, sure why not take those....but since you can only get 20 perks (or is it 19, do you get one for lv1 at all?) why would you dream of wasting a perk point in this manner.

Hot Juicy Pie
11-01-2008, 06:09 AM
I actually passed on this perk, gaining a level fast isnt worth using one of the limited perk points IMO. I made that mistake early on with the 10% exp boost

Patriot Se
11-01-2008, 06:43 AM
Actually, he/she knows exactly what they're talking about. I had a discussion about these perks (Level up/ 10% bonus exp)with someone the other day.

The reasoning behind NOT getting it is overwhelming in contrast to the reasons for actually getting them. Sure, you get to level faster, but the reality of it is that these perks do not help your character in any other way whatsoever.

Now if it were possible to level up to a point where you could get literally every perk, sure why not take those....but since you can only get 20 perks (or is it 19, do you get one for lv1 at all?) why would you dream of wasting a perk point in this manner.

Lolz I'm stalking you.

I have to disagree, as I am playing not only for story but also achievements, these increases to EXP and level help to decrease the total time playing. Not to mention, some perks are just lame. I see your point however...

Outline
11-01-2008, 11:12 AM
This is such a bad idea.

That means you're limiting your perks that are advantageous to your character, to 19 instead of 20.

Very bad idea imo

JTHM87
11-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Lolz I'm stalking you.

I have to disagree, as I am playing not only for story but also achievements, these increases to EXP and level help to decrease the total time playing. Not to mention, some perks are just lame. I see your point however...

Don't make me break out the mace, son! :drunk

Outline
11-01-2008, 12:41 PM
help to decrease the total time playing

I apparently do not understand your mind in the slightest.

Bulletman
11-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I got suckered in by this god damn perk, my advice would be to leave it as youll probably start planning on what perks youll want later in the game.

On a side note though i would highly recomend having your intelligence skill maxed at ten, or youll lose out on skill points every time you level up. Also when maxing skills only go up to 90 because the bobbleheads you collect will give you another 10 points, plus there are skill books.

eTron000
11-01-2008, 01:18 PM
my advice is to save this perk for when you are levelling to 19, so you can just move on to 20 and get those 3 achievements. plus, you can always load after you get achievements and select a different perk.

Almighty Tubsta
11-01-2008, 01:30 PM
my advice is to save this perk for when you are levelling to 19, so you can just move on to 20 and get those 3 achievements. plus, you can always load after you get achievements and select a different perk.

Thats not a bad idea, but I would just wait. Instead of of this I would rather add a point to S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

eldritchwizard
11-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I apparently do not understand your mind in the slightest.

Duh! Getting achievements is the only reason to play video games. Didn't you know that?!
/sarcasm

Almighty Tubsta
11-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Duh! Getting achievements is the only reason to play video games. Didn't you know that?!
/sarcasm

rofl!

Yeah, everybody knows this!

Patriot Se
11-01-2008, 04:27 PM
/sarcasm

You are on a website dedicated to acquiring achievements. If you want to frequent a board just for the game go to gamefaqs or the xbox forums. In the mean time, don't criticize people for getting achievements on these forums you sound like an idiot if you do.

osea101
11-01-2008, 05:36 PM
The reason you would get it is if you need to reach a certain skill level such as 60 % medicine or 47 % speech.

You do lose out on an extra perk.

Omegafr
11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Some of the perks are lame, that's true...

But on my second playthrough, already knowing what was waiting for me, I still had problems to choose ONLY 19 perks in the list. No need to say the "Here and now" is not one of them. In fact it's the last one i'd choose

JTHM87
11-01-2008, 06:14 PM
You are on a website dedicated to acquiring achievements. If you want to frequent a board just for the game go to gamefaqs or the xbox forums. In the mean time, don't criticize people for getting achievements on these forums you sound like an idiot if you do.

QFT (That's Quoted For Truth for the non-savvy).

Don't you just love making people look like fools? This person was just swatted down like a measly fly and probably is still going to be too stubborn to admit defeat.

You're not so bad after all, even though you don't know how to pick perks and stalk your friends!

V0L0DYMR
11-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Besides the fact that this will NOT really help you out if you are struggling. Remember, enemies level with you. Jumping a level and picking your skill points does make you stronger, but it makes them stronger as well. The catch being you didn't spend that level collecting better weapons, repairing them to better stats, etc. In the end it is only going to make your life harder.

JTHM87
11-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Besides the fact that this will NOT really help you out if you are struggling. Remember, enemies level with you. Jumping a level and picking your skill points does make you stronger, but it makes them stronger as well. The catch being you didn't spend that level collecting better weapons, repairing them to better stats, etc. In the end it is only going to make your life harder.

You're exactly right....in opposite world! The enemies do *NOT* level with you like they did in Oblivion.

V0L0DYMR
11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
You're exactly right....in opposite world! The enemies do *NOT* level with you like they did in Oblivion.

Are you sure? It sure feels like most baddies aren't getting easier?

laundryman
11-01-2008, 09:55 PM
That's what I did. It's definatley a nifty perk.

benbam87
11-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I do not think that they level with you as I am level 20 and I basicly own everything that comes near me

Ice97
11-01-2008, 10:27 PM
From what i've heard the enemies don't level with you....they're pre-leveled. Which is why if you go to a place that you shouldn't you will get your ass kicked.

Powerman1469
11-01-2008, 10:43 PM
just gotta add my 2 cents.. its a waste of a perk.. level up reg and then youll be able to get a different more useful perk ;)

I Slippery I
11-01-2008, 11:12 PM
I chose this and the 10% more experience perk and i'm kinda not liking my decision. I wouldn't recommend it personally.

gurnard
11-01-2008, 11:44 PM
is it possible to break the level 20 cap by using this perk?

JTHM87
11-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Are you sure? It sure feels like most baddies aren't getting easier?

I'm positive. Unless Bethesda was lying... I'm also glad that it's like this, honestly. Makes you learn where to go and where to not go when you're weak. Also, it feels like more of an accomplishment when you beat an enemy that's tougher.

V0L0DYMR
11-03-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm positive. Unless Bethesda was lying... I'm also glad that it's like this, honestly. Makes you learn where to go and where to not go when you're weak. Also, it feels like more of an accomplishment when you beat an enemy that's tougher.

I must just kick ass then because I played this game ass backwards from the intended order and never had to pull up a load twice to get past some baddies :woop:.

Lukeweizer
11-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Here and Now should be saved for level 20 perhaps. So you can get a bonus level. But all you're doing is wasting a perk when you shoot. You'll be leveling up anyway.

FPS JL
11-03-2008, 03:38 AM

no they do, you can find some monsters stronger than you are, but some monsters start appearing much more when you're higher leveled. It's not exactly like Oblivion, but in certain parts the monsters are scaled to your level.

I was playing through the game with a low level character and I went to find Mr. Pinkerton, and run into a few Mirkelurks. I then started again, went to find the same guy same place, but this time with a much higher leveled character and there were Mirkelurk Hunters in the same place instead, and they're much stronger.