PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth 30$

slowpantz
10-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Best buy has it for 30$ this week is it worth it?

Krazie
10-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I like it, but I heard the online was horrible, so I doubt I'd play it again after i get all the points in it that I can, so I'm glad I Gameflyed it..

L3giOn
10-01-2006, 04:53 PM
I like it, but I heard the online was horrible, so I doubt I'd play it again after i get all the points in it that I can, so I'm glad I Gameflyed it..

Krazie, the online is awesome. You can make your own room and add a TON of items to it. You unlock numerous items while playing single player, including pool tables, tables, chairs, accessories, neon lights, etc....and you can also customise your dealer. Some of the stuff you get, like carpets and tapestries and such, you can use the camera to put your face on. So on the wall in my custom poker room, there's a huge tapestry with my face on it on the wall! Scary huh? I like the online, especially being a huge poker fan. You can have tournaments online, and people can either participate or watch. I've even watched a few tourneys and it was pretty cool. And on top of all this, you can use your camera to put your own face on a video game character, and use that character on or offline. And also the camera only shows you when it's your turn, so you actually have to have a poker face if using it.

For me this game was a definite buy, and I'll probably keep it fo quite some time.

Ice2Dragon
10-02-2006, 08:42 AM
I hate it, the computer is by god awful, its completely obvious when they bluff, and when they have the nuts, its incredibly obvious by the tells.

The computer also has huge advantadges once you get down to the final table, mainly they will have chip stacks ten times yours, except in the first few tournaments.

They also seem to ALWAYS get the best possible hand.

I went AA vs 3 7 offsuit, the flop came 4 5 6 -_-V LIke wtf is that?

I really hate this game.. Im 1king it and returning it.. I only paid 30 bucks in store credit for it.. but its not worth it.. just get the poker game on the marketplace..

The poker tools are USELESS :(

L3giOn
10-02-2006, 06:53 PM
I hate it, the computer is by god awful, its completely obvious when they bluff, and when they have the nuts, its incredibly obvious by the tells.

The computer also has huge advantadges once you get down to the final table, mainly they will have chip stacks ten times yours, except in the first few tournaments.

I really hate this game.. Im 1king it and returning it.. I only paid 30 bucks in store credit for it.. but its not worth it.. just get the poker game on the marketplace..

I couldn't disagree with you more. I almost always have the most money going into the final table, and never have a problem once I get there. The cards ARE random, don't fool yourself. This is a great game online and off, maybe you're just not a great poker player. :rolleyes:

cordinated mole
10-04-2006, 01:22 AM
this game i think is worth it, its better than the 50 for the other games. the load screens could be a little better but for the most part its good

mitchv79
10-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Definitely worth $30.

carrliadiere
07-10-2007, 09:56 AM

...have you ever played poker? Pocket Aces are nice and all, and sure you shouldn't bet with 3 7 offsuit, but if you haven't developed your hand by the river and you continue to play, then you're a foolio!

The only way I will accept that story is if you tell me you raised at least twice the pot on the flop, and at least double that on the turn. If he's matching you on the river and you've not developed your hand, then you deserve to be beaten because you're playing very poorly!

MadvilNE
01-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't know, but it was worth the $7 I paid on clearance at Target. :woop:

Lebowski
01-23-2008, 09:51 PM
It can get VERY frustrating at times.
But likes' been mentioned here, there are ALOT of features.
I personally like the online.

But if youre not really big on poker, dont get it.
Because you WILL get frustrated easily.

:) hope that was of help.