PDA

View Full Version : RRoD 3 times in a row!

BullZeye
11-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes,I have had A RRoD 3 times in a short period of time(it started in the middle of september, so one and a half months).
I've sent my console for the first time(which had worked for over a year,when I bought it) and came back,working for a week until the next RROD hit me.
Then they sent me a new console,and now,about three weeks after I received it,I have yet another RRoD!
I can't remember doing anything different but is there anything you can do as a player that causes this?
Or can this come from a certain game?Since it appeared at Far Cry 2(where it had also frozen a few times for the first time) and I've read of someone else who got a RRoD playing Far Cry 2.

Poncho Dude
11-02-2008, 05:43 PM
They give you an old refurbished 360 which has probably had problems in the past. That's probably why you've been getting it so much after your first RROD.

Vapourise
11-02-2008, 05:55 PM
basically just dont play as much say about 3 hours a day or somthing for starters.

dm master
11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
send it back again and ask for some kind of compensation like a free game or something...

At vapourise he shouldnt have to cut down on playing he should be bale to get a working xbox back..

elite wing zero
11-02-2008, 09:25 PM
They give you an old refurbished 360 which has probably had problems in the past. That's probably why you've been getting it so much after your first RROD.

Thats not always the case I got RROD and they gave me back the same system with a new DVD drive as well and now it runs like a beast:woop:!

RFT 123
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Unlucky, but it does happen. You just gotta send it back, I'm afraid.

BullZeye
11-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah,I just hope that's all my bad luck for this year.
Still,this failure of consoles is strange,I just took out my old Playstation 1,it's over 10 years old and still works perfectly.
I'm afraid consoles get more like PC's every day.