PDA

View Full Version : Message for those that had the cell tower chiev glitch...

ponypo2001
11-03-2008, 03:10 AM
You also wont get your conflict diamonds achievement.I finished all missions and collected all diamonds but no achievement.VERY happy to be finished with this game.It started great but I've missed out on gamerscore due to glitches and that is not something I take easily.Now,onto Fallout 3....

Foxiz
11-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Don't worry. You'll get the achievement, when you'll collect all diamonds, complete all tower missions AND all main missions. UFLL and APR gives diamonds too, don't forget that!

Sorry for my bad english.

ponypo2001
11-03-2008, 03:22 PM
You don't understand,I finished the game mate.I and several others got screwed on the tower missions so didn't get the one mission or didn't get paid for it,thus robbing us of 2 achievements.I was waiting and hoping but I completed the game last night and ended with nothing.Out of curiosity,I also noticed that main missions said I was 2 short but I did EVERY mission available.I was certainly well past the point of being paid unless the final mission paid me the diamonds but I doubt it very much.

bizarrobryann
11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
i would be one of those who wasted 30+ hours collecting every diamond and doing every single mission available just to find out im missing diamonds because of the cell tower glitch. im completely done with this game and any game ubisoft decides to sell me. its not how big my gamerscore is that matters, its the fact that i supported them and lost over a complete day of my life to this game for really no reason. most of the missions are the same exact thing over and over. sure it looks good, but big deal...ubi, you really screwed us all

ponypo2001
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Feel the same way mate.It sadly becomind a very common trend with new releases.I can fully understand why a lot of people copy games.Why do we keep paying for glitchfests?

bizarrobryann
11-03-2008, 11:58 PM
haha thats exactly why. someone should quote your reply and send it to ubi. and then mock them since it was cracked the day it came out.

AbOuT27nInJaS
11-04-2008, 05:28 PM
wait for a patch, till then.... unluck im afraid (fallouts a bit shit tbh)

robpears
11-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Can't wait to get this glitchy game over and done with so i can start on Fallout 3 / Dead Space

Cashaddi
11-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Do you know what has caused that glitch?

Gaurdy3G
11-05-2008, 05:32 PM
its a shoddy game all round, a real disappointment =( i planned to spend some more time getting the achivements but i really don't think ill bother.

DAUNTEDFLETTY
11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
sorry that you lost out guys and there are a good few glitches and crashes in the game but still i thort it was a great game from start to finish. i think if your going for the chives you should do all towers/side missions/diomands/save houses/buddys as soon as you can and only follow story when there is nothing left to do and also save all the time and make lots of them cuz if it crashes on a save it seems to bugger the 1 before too . hope this helps and good luck

Maku
11-06-2008, 12:49 AM
I have not touched a cell tower yet so should I wait for a patch?

Maybe you guys can tell us more specifics about when you started cell tower missions? did you complete the main storyline first? Is there a main mission within the main story that will force you into the cell tower activities?

If we can crack down on this glitch we may be able to solve it ourselves without ubisoft's help! I remember when the community worked together to find workarounds to cheevo bugs before!

Ka1n007
11-06-2008, 02:45 AM
it didnt glitch for me so i say do it, the only thing i can remember that I might have done different is I did them all one after another. I did the same for the weapons. after a very frustrating almost 2 weeks im ready to start mp and done with sp ach.

DAUNTEDFLETTY
11-06-2008, 05:39 PM
it didnt glitch for me so i say do it, the only thing i can remember that I might have done different is I did them all one after another. I did the same for the weapons. after a very frustrating almost 2 weeks im ready to start mp and done with sp ach.

same here done all towers/wepons/save houses 1 after another when availiball on map

ponypo2001
11-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Did them the same way.As soon as the towers appeared,i did them.I didn't touch story till nothing else was left which is what has made this all the more frustrating to me.I was waiting for possible glitches which is why I tried to do all side stuff first.I even glitched the underground chiev as it unlocked after only 3 missions.UBI really let things slip with the game.

Ganluan
11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
It seems like this is related to a mission "completing" itself even though the target wasn't killed. I noticed this happen on the last cell tower mission - the target was driving around, I sniped him but he didn't die. The car then drove away, it vanished from the map, and I got "Mission Complete" but no payment and no achievement.

I then reloaded, restarted the final cell tower mission and killed him this time - got paid and unlocked the achievement. I had a target disappear while doing a convoy destruction mission too.

Basically, make sure you get paid for completing the mission, otherwise it seems that the game won't count it. I'm not sure what causes the targets to vanish.

666priest
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Same thing happened to me today, just remember everyone, when you do a tower mission make you get paid for it once you kill the target, if you do just reload and try again. Because of this issue I'm going to miss out on two achievements and will now be required to beat the game twice.

WARNING: Make sure you get paid when completing each cell tower mission apon assignation of each target, otherwise you will not get the Wages of Conflict and the Utility Man achievement.

Maku
11-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Glad that people cracked down on what the problem was so if you don't get paid upon assassination of the target reload and try again! I'm a save-o-holic so it wont be a problem for me to make a separate save for each cell tower mission done with payment! Glad this isn't a profile issue!:woop:

Cashaddi
11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm unsure if I got payed at the first cell tower mission, but I got the ach for doing one of these missions...

Does this mean I got my payment???

666priest
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm unsure if I got payed at the first cell tower mission, but I got the ach for doing one of these missions...

Does this mean I got my payment???

If you got the cell tower achievement then you got paid, no need to worry as you will get the diamond achievement (Pending you got all of them, including the briefcases).

KoNTRAb4nd
11-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I guess I got the cell tower glitch too, I figured that they just went away and there were maybe more later.. but now, I am guessing I got screwed.

Maku
11-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I guess I got the cell tower glitch too, I figured that they just went away and there were maybe more later.. but now, I am guessing I got screwed.

At least you can try again! Other games have the achievement itself bugged this is just a problem with missions not being completed with payment! Be happy you can just reload or redo the game for it!

trezise_1
11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I thought I just had more cell tower missions to appear later..that sucks.I was syked on gettin this achievment seeing I've spent 30+ hours getting all diamonds..

Also when I collect jackal tapes they don't play the tape or even show up in the tapes menu anymore..
Brilliant game but all this wasted time is very frustrating!!