PDA

View Full Version : Pinkslip Races

fishman550
11-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Anyone know why you can't do pink slip races? no matter which wager spot I go to, the Pinkslip option is greyed out, only lets me bet money, done one pinkslip race in the entire game so far and I wanna work some kids for their rides y'know.

Anyone shed some light, dawg?

PTPetisco
11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Pink Slip is serious business here. You need at last 2 cars, because if you loose, you cant go walking:

I just loose my best car in a fool way. Just bet my car and the game warned me: never quit game, lose or destroy the car. So, I manage to enter the race with 50% damage. The race was easy, but I keep clasting in others cars. So, when I was about to loose, I just press radial and exit game pressing Y. When I entered the game again, my car gone away.

So, never bet in pink slip unless you have certain that you can win, or say bye to the car, no matter if you turn off the console before losing. I guess the game save before the race...

fishman550
11-03-2008, 10:37 PM
... not what i asked but alright....

littlejay
11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
slip races show up later but they appear in the same spots as wager races. just keep playing and you can do those. by time you unlock them they are super easy because you usually race a crap car compared to what you have unlocked

fishman550
11-03-2008, 11:13 PM
i have the city champ, unlocked all cars, got 5 cars and a bike, including saleen and ninja.

got IDOL rank, how much more do i need to do to get the god damn pink slip races. i just wanna rob some queers cars.

Law
11-03-2008, 11:23 PM
i have the city champ, unlocked all cars, got 5 cars and a bike, including saleen and ninja.

got IDOL rank, how much more do i need to do to get the god damn pink slip races. i just wanna rob some queers cars.

You should have had them by now, but I think there is only 3 or 4 cars you can get from the races in total.

fishman550
11-03-2008, 11:25 PM
you can only do 4 pink slip races..?

wtf is the point in including them... I wanna win bitches cars left right and center smoking bitches up and down L.A. put them in their place.

littlejay
11-03-2008, 11:50 PM
heh with free cars why do you want to race pinks?

fishman550
11-04-2008, 12:07 AM
aint got free cars yet..

littlejay
11-04-2008, 01:05 AM
and you beat all the champs? give karol the million even if it means selling everything. then all will be free

KingOfGotham
11-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Tip: If you have a Memory Card have another save.

If you don't win just keep coming back.

iKaMiKaZe
11-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Tip: If you have a Memory Card have another save.

If you don't win just keep coming back.
Thats not a bad idea.

allisd00m
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I just loose my best car in a fool way. Just bet my car and the game warned me: never quit game, lose or destroy the car. So, I manage to enter the race with 50% damage. The race was easy, but I keep clasting in others cars. So, when I was about to loose, I just press radial and exit game pressing Y. When I entered the game again, my car gone away.

lol that's what happened to me last night, I was trashing that guys mitsubishi but started with about 80% damage... crashed and totalled, lost my car even though he wasn't even close to me

tried the dashboard trick and was surprised when I came back to find me placed in my saleen instead of my ninja

littlejay
11-04-2008, 01:02 PM
good thing the ninja is so cheap compared to the saleen :p

DJCookieUK
11-05-2008, 12:03 PM
:uzi:to pink slip races.... My box frozzzzeded in my first pink slip race and i got robbed :(

The save on a memory unit is the way forward, just for backup as the race itself is pish.

To all that haven't given it a go yet i recommend you check your damage and have a back up save.

(yes i was so pissed that i battered my way back there and like others i started with high damage... so ... two cars down i wasnt happy lol... but learning lessons all the time)

You can however go race for your ride back so it took me 5 races just to win his 1 lol

crocky119
11-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Pink Slip is serious business here. You need at last 2 cars, because if you loose, you cant go walking:

So, never bet in pink slip unless you have certain that you can win, or say bye to the car, no matter if you turn off the console before losing. I guess the game save before the race...

That is why u turn autosafe off before u start the pink slip that way it wont save when u start the race.

And u can only get pinkslips when someone calls and tells u that they are wanting to race u for pinks

Barad
11-25-2008, 06:38 PM
all this dunt even matter js quickly make da $1million so u can do the deal Karol so all cars n parts will br free:woop:..

VictorInATX
11-25-2008, 09:21 PM
So, when do you get to offer Karol this million? Between cash and car value, I have 980k. I can make 20k in a short while. Do I have to finish all the races on the list?

Gilian85
12-27-2008, 01:02 AM
I couldt do my first pink slip within 10 races