PDA

View Full Version : Differences

Aobikari Dragon
11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone, playing on my second playthrough to get some of the last achievements in this great, freaky, scary game. But before I head over to Imposible i was wondering what are the differences in difficulties? Do more enemies show up? Are enemies harder to kill? do the "enhanced" versions of the necromorphs show up earlier? Or is it just the lack of supplies that makes it "Imposible"? Also to people that have done this difficulty what weapon is best to stick with? I know to upgrade the RIG but i dont know which weapon to do this with.

Evo Kazz
11-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah also wondering this, but I think the plasma cutter will probably be the main weapon to use on Impossible.

Shipley0110
11-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I think from what i've read it is a lack of supplies that makes it harder, along with maybe more shots needed to kill.

I found that the plasma cutter is the best so far (plus you don't have to buy it), think the pulse rifle was the next best.

How I will be approaching this is to stick with one weapon (seemed to be more ammo this way)
Sell any ammo I aquire for other weapons.
Use stasis on enemies then melee/stamp them so as to save ammo (maybe use the stasis/kinetic cheat to replenish)
Nodes to go on Rig and Weapon first.
Stamp/dismember any bodies I come across so that them bats don't regenerate them
Also heard if you complete a second playthough before impossible you get a special suit to use in impossible but not sure how true this is.

(Most of these tips gathered from other posts on this forum so can't really take credit for them)

lu3mm3l
11-05-2008, 01:47 PM
There is less ammo so you should aim carefully (or buy ammo at the shop). Still the same amount of enemies but they need more hits do die. The standard enemies take 2 hits into the leg to cut it with a maxed out plasma cutter as an example.

Stamping/dismember every body laying around the floor isn't really necessary as there aren't that many of those "bat aliens", which look more like manta rays to me, around.

Using stasis and stamping enemies isn't the best advice either as you should only do that if there's not more then one enemy around because you need about 2 - 3 stamps to dismember the head.

Only using one weapon is a good idea, you can sell the other stuff you find but it's nice to also carry around the machine gun for those mini aliens that'll jump onto you. It's just a waste of ammo to shoot those with the plasma cutter.

Also a good advice is to keep looking for exploding stuff to throw at enemies or blast them away by shooting at those. You can also throw other stuff at them, always an ammosaver as you can you kinsesis as much as you like.

ginsinuk
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm currently about halfway through Chapter 2 on Impossible mode, and I'd agree with what has been said above me. Ammo was quite hard to come by, especially in the first chapter. If you can and are feeling skillful enough, I'd combine stasis/melee, with a few hits from the Plasma Cutter here and there to save ammo. I'm also planning on only using 2, maybe 3, weapons. So I can upgrade a couple of them to near max and pick up ammo just for them.

I'd be wary of letting enemies get too close (as if you'd need a warning for that) because I've literally been one-hit killed a few times now. Even when I've had near full health, an enemy has lunged at me and taken my legs/head clean off in one swipe. I've also been torn in two by the scorpion Necro thingy!

Harsh, indeed. But a great challenge!

lu3mm3l
11-05-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd be wary of letting enemies get too close (as if you'd need a warning for that) because I've literally been one-hit killed a few times now. Even when I've had near full health, an enemy has lunged at me and taken my legs/head clean off in one swipe. I've also been torn in two by the scorpion Necro thingy!

Yep, same thing happened to me too. Also, whenever one of those hanging-on-the-wall-guys appears, 95% of the time there's something exploding around you can fire at him (which will kill him instantly). Just wait after he moves for the first time and grabs the wall with his arms, then fire. Bad thing to do here is come to close as he will kill you right away..

Im half way through on impossible and it seemed to me the asteroid-shooting was easier then the first time on easy. But maybe I just got better or got a nice script. Good thing they didn't make it harder for this difficulty :)

XxSKETCHxX313
11-06-2008, 12:49 AM
When playing impossible if your using Stasis then shooting them with the plasma cutter, the best bet is to go for the arms, 2 hits in each arm aimed correctly will dismember them and kill it. (This also depends on your distance). I found the legs take 3-4 hits to cut them off, AND they can still crawl afterwards. where as 4 hits in total will down the 'slashers' by cuttin the arms. Also this is only for the Regular slashers... the Black slashers take a few more hits but thats pretty obvious. Im playin through Impossible right now too, been caught off Guard a few times too haha which is weird since ive already played through twice... but they still get me. Love this game! hope they come out with some Alternate levels or missions and such.

ginsinuk
11-06-2008, 02:59 AM
I agree with both of you, heh. I'm currently on Chapter 5 now, on Impossible. I'm coping pretty well so far, and managed to get the "Don't get cocky, kid" achievement - though it took me a few attempts. I'm putting my upgrades mainly into the Plasma Cutter, with a few here and there for the Line Gun and my RIG. That's all I've been using, the PC and LG.

Aobikari Dragon
11-06-2008, 03:57 AM
why not the force gun or the plasma rifle? I used the Force gun before and it rocks on the enemies that are glued to the wall and keeping enemies away and it has alot of power, and the pulse rifle is great if you get mobed thanks to its secondary fire and its great on the tentacles or any yellow spots that explode

ginsinuk
11-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Not overly keen on the Force Gun. Used the Pulse Rifle quite abit during my Normal run. But I'm abit scared of using more than two weapons during my Impossible run, because I want to keep my nodes for upgrading the Plasma Cutter (because it's the first weapon you have for awhile), and my RIG, etc.

Though saying that, I'm currently in the middle of Chapter 6, and I've almost upgraded my PC to max. So I'm tempted to unleash the Contact Beam. I love that weapon.

Aobikari Dragon
11-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Well Im half way through chapter 3 on impossible and i have the pulse rifle fully maxed out already and i got to say its great. Slashers die quickly since if you take off their arms they die which is at max 4 burst on them (2 on each arm) and the same can be said for the tail ones take out their walking arms and they die automatically. So far I havent noticed ammo being a issue, the main issue im having is health packs, every now and then a slasher will get a hold on me and leave me dangeoursly close to death.