PDA

View Full Version : New award possibility

dark lord me
11-05-2008, 03:00 AM
I was thinking about things that might encourage people to gather achievements and get an award so i got thinking.... What about a site award for being maybe the first person to get 1000 in like Fallout 3. Like maybe the is picture is of one of the harder achievements in the game. This would encourage people to try for those hard ones as soon as possible

Clipse 2
11-05-2008, 03:19 AM
Most of the awards are for helping the site, coming up with implemented ideas, being an important member or contributor, or winning a site sponsored event. Granted your idea of an award for the first person to 1K a game is decent, but how does it help the site?

dark lord me
11-05-2008, 04:07 AM
It encourages people to go at the achievements and to unlock all the secret ones before anyone else on the site as well as this site is dedicated to achievements, we should have some awards about them

Blackjaw x
11-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Veto!

I don't like the idea, sorry.

Eternal
11-05-2008, 05:13 AM
I think this has already been suggested before... But how would it help the site? It just shows how good/fast you are at getting the 1k.

Andrew x360a
11-05-2008, 05:25 AM
Ideas like this have come up before and the common answer is basically that if you want that kind of recognition, that's what sites like MGC are for. The awards here are for helping the site, being active on the site, and participating in site events, not for personal accomplishments.

The Pants Party
11-05-2008, 06:31 AM
It encourages people to go at the achievements and to unlock all the secret ones before anyone else on the site as well as this site is dedicated to achievements, we should have some awards about them

People do that anyway. It's always a race to 1000. Plus there are the Maximum Clubs and people like to try and be the first added to those, essentially the same thing without all the added work to our graphics team and our admins to give out the awards.