PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts so far ...

InSoMnIaC_190
11-05-2008, 04:53 AM
I must say the game is awesome gameplay wise but here is my gripe so far ...

Oh and how do you use spoiler tags? I will edit this once I find out/

*Spoilers if you care about Undertakers Road to Wrestlemania story ... but I would not worry about it because the story is so bad it is funny ...*

Fun gameplay but big problems as well. Severely outdated and I doubt DLC will fix this come on now. Lot's of games have DLC but they never deliver on the goods and besides a few wrestlers (like Evan Bourne who is already done as they have videos) I don't see them putting out any game changing DLC.

Horrible camera outside of the ring too. The belts still look funky. HORRIBLE Career mode so far because all it consists of is picking an opponent then beating them to try to get a 5 star match then you have a match to become the number one contender then you get a title match rinse and repeat for ALL titles no story at all.

The Road to Wrestlemania mode while a cool concept it has seriously dumb story lines.

The CAW clothes, options, looks and all seem the same people were saying it would be better but I do not see a difference.

But other than that I think the arenas are great I guess and the actual gameplay and controls are solid. It just feels kind of incomplete and for $60 and another year to wait for hopefully a better fleshed out game is kind of much.

It has it's charm and I was loving it for a while until I beat Takers Road to Mania and got Halfway on Cenas then tried the career mode. Made a CAW and his moveset and created a finisher it just felt like "Now what" besides going through the Road to Mania stories and doing Career just for the achievements I don't know what else to do.

Okay so Undertakers Road to Wrestlemania literally consists of I dunno about 12 or 13 matches all against Santino and Finlay in some sort of combination which gets old quick. The story is literally based around some Urn that Finlay or Santino get to hurt Taker and then they get control of Kane with the Urn, you free Kane then they bring out the boogey man who does his voodoo magic on you with his stick. You turn Santino into a Zombie (yes ... this is true and stupid. He has green skin and white eyes.) then you face your biggest foe ever at Wrestlemania with your streak on the line .... THE BOOGEY MAN! LOL are you serious? Oh and it is Hell in a Cell in which you see a short crappy cutscene of Taker getting all this electricity built up in him while he sits in the ring. They would have done better with some Edge story or something but this was so bad and cheesy. Oh and another thing with this story Santino and Finlay call themselves "Nu School" I am pretty sure "Fit Finlay" is Old School.

*END OF SPOILERS*

With that out of the way though the game is fun just I hope the Career has a better story and that the other Road to Wrestlemania stories does not involve something as stupid and cheesy.

Thorpe
11-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Well, the story has never been that good in the game. I've had some good moments on the PlayStation 2 titles but now it's just typical cliché moments. Then again, I guess we can't take WWE too seriously since it's like a sports soap opera.

Road to WrestleMania is quite fun because you earn unlockables through each character, depending on your progress and if you do the optional goals. I do agree regarding the camera outside the ring. I like it at times but do wish it was possible to have it fixed like the previous games. Also, sometimes the camera is stuck looking at a wall whilst you do your finisher outside the ring. This has always been present for the past few games, so really it doesn't seem like they fix much.

For this title, it feels exactly the same for controls - maybe with some minor differences. It's a step up from last year's disappointing title but not a big enough step for the franchise.

InSoMnIaC_190
11-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah don't get me wrong I enjoy the game just they cut down on so much but they did great in other areas. It's like you wish they could stick half the game with an older half to make a hybrid game and it would be near perfect lol.

Killer Ced
11-06-2008, 01:35 AM
I must say the game is awesome gameplay wise but here is my gripe so far ...

Oh and how do you use spoiler tags? I will edit this once I find out/

*Spoilers if you care about Undertakers Road to Wrestlemania story ... but I would not worry about it because the story is so bad it is funny ...*

Fun gameplay but big problems as well. Severely outdated and I doubt DLC will fix this come on now. Lot's of games have DLC but they never deliver on the goods and besides a few wrestlers (like Evan Bourne who is already done as they have videos) I don't see them putting out any game changing DLC.

Horrible camera outside of the ring too. The belts still look funky. HORRIBLE Career mode so far because all it consists of is picking an opponent then beating them to try to get a 5 star match then you have a match to become the number one contender then you get a title match rinse and repeat for ALL titles no story at all.

The Road to Wrestlemania mode while a cool concept it has seriously dumb story lines.

The CAW clothes, options, looks and all seem the same people were saying it would be better but I do not see a difference.

But other than that I think the arenas are great I guess and the actual gameplay and controls are solid. It just feels kind of incomplete and for $60 and another year to wait for hopefully a better fleshed out game is kind of much.

It has it's charm and I was loving it for a while until I beat Takers Road to Mania and got Halfway on Cenas then tried the career mode. Made a CAW and his moveset and created a finisher it just felt like "Now what" besides going through the Road to Mania stories and doing Career just for the achievements I don't know what else to do.

Okay so Undertakers Road to Wrestlemania literally consists of I dunno about 12 or 13 matches all against Santino and Finlay in some sort of combination which gets old quick. The story is literally based around some Urn that Finlay or Santino get to hurt Taker and then they get control of Kane with the Urn, you free Kane then they bring out the boogey man who does his voodoo magic on you with his stick. You turn Santino into a Zombie (yes ... this is true and stupid. He has green skin and white eyes.) then you face your biggest foe ever at Wrestlemania with your streak on the line .... THE BOOGEY MAN! LOL are you serious? Oh and it is Hell in a Cell in which you see a short crappy cutscene of Taker getting all this electricity built up in him while he sits in the ring. They would have done better with some Edge story or something but this was so bad and cheesy. Oh and another thing with this story Santino and Finlay call themselves "Nu School" I am pretty sure "Fit Finlay" is Old School.

*END OF SPOILERS*

With that out of the way though the game is fun just I hope the Career has a better story and that the other Road to Wrestlemania stories does not involve something as stupid and cheesy.

I agree with every single thing you said but i still like playing it its a huge step up from last year gameplay wise

InSoMnIaC_190
11-06-2008, 07:42 AM
I agree with every single thing you said but i still like playing it its a huge step up from last year gameplay wise

Yeah, plus if you have an imagination kind of the exhibition stuff will be fun for a while but I cannot wait for DLC since I seen the video with Evan Bourne in it. I hope they release a lot of characters and attires. There is even a youtube video with Y2Js current trunks.

I have not messed with the roster editor but can you make people heels too? I wanna make Y2J a heel since he still has his savior gimmick in this game.

I am liking the unlockables though for RTWM.

Evo Kazz
11-06-2008, 10:51 AM
So....so far its looking good right? Im getting this in the morning when Its released in UK, I buy the game every year and am pretty excited, after the horrible TNA shambles.

DCS 23
11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
i buy this game every year and i never know who the fuck the wrestlers in it are well except the classic or legends wat eva they decide to call em..

i only buy this game because its one of the best beat em up games out there..!

InSoMnIaC_190
11-06-2008, 04:33 PM
It is way better than the TNA game so yeah you will like it. I kinda wanted the TNA game to be good just so SVR would have competition but that turned out bad lol.

And yeah DCS you should be fine too because it has a lot of wrestlers that are current but somewhat outdated gimmicks but if they use DLC like they plan to hopefully it can keep current in the future.

I still say get it to anyone wondering just theres a few gripes that are minor. The gameplay mechanics themselves are great.

Killer Ced
11-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, plus if you have an imagination kind of the exhibition stuff will be fun for a while but I cannot wait for DLC since I seen the video with Evan Bourne in it. I hope they release a lot of characters and attires. There is even a youtube video with Y2Js current trunks.

I have not messed with the roster editor but can you make people heels too? I wanna make Y2J a heel since he still has his savior gimmick in this game.

I am liking the unlockables though for RTWM.

yea you can make heels you even have the option of putting superstars on wcw.

IR IH II IN O x
11-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I've been a fan of the Smackdown vs Raw series. I'm getting it the day it comes out. I think it looks great and the DLC looks cool. Should be a great game, plus achievements don't look to hard.:woop: