PDA

View Full Version : freeplay

~philpott~
10-03-2006, 02:20 PM
how come i can only choose one person to go into freeplay...in the demo u had stormtrooper and bounty hunter and loads of other characters. for example i can only take a stormtrooper into a level and i need a bounty hunter aswell?

if you understand what im trying to say i wud appreciate help. do i have to beat more of the game or something?

Crash
10-03-2006, 03:10 PM
As you complete more of the game you will unlock more characters. You can only use the characters that have been unlocked for freeplay. Once you pick your main character, the game will randomly assign the others for you to start the level (usually one from each type of character like bounty hunter, jedi, droid, etc.) .

~philpott~
10-03-2006, 10:10 PM
yeah thxs lol as soon as i posted i played and found out but thxs for the help. when can i get a dark force character im still in first episode?

Sploitz85
10-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Complete the game on Story Mode to make it much easier on yourself. After you finish, you'll always have R2, C3PO, Darth Vader, Leia as a Bounty Hunter, a random light force guy, and usually Han Solo, so you'll have a character for every terminal and every task for every mini kit. Then go back thru free play.

Oh, and those achievements that say you 'need' the Emperor's double super glitch jump or whatever the hell? Lies, you can do them all with Vader.

~philpott~
10-04-2006, 12:51 PM
yea sounds like a plan, should i keep buying characters along the way or should i save up for 2x? then when i do go back over on freeplay i will get loads...

SpaceShot
11-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Honestly, I would save for the 2x. You unlock enough characters just by finishing story.

Second, once you unlock a bunch of characters, sometimes you start getting stuck with Ephant Man or something that really isn't that useful in your FreePlay rotation (minor gripe).

The faster you get 2x, the faster you get 4x, and 10x and so on to bring your multiplier up to 3048x or something like that.

That said... to answer your first question. When playing by yourself, you can pick both Free Play characters (which I almost always do). Whomever is your second character when you walk in the door, stays with you when you pick your main character. The computer then picks the rest. So, this does require some looking around for the character you want at Mos Eisley, switching to them, and then switching with your second character (so that they are now the second character). Then walk in...

Or, play with two people (loads of fun)!!

Korix
11-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Not so much, actually. I had the least fun while playing with someone else. It made getting through the levels quicker, but the camera sucks with two people on board.

P1NSEEKER
11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
If you want dark force characters early you can get darth maul by building him in the cantina or buying the prequel character pack from the marketplace :D