PDA

View Full Version : $1,000,000??!?!?

limb2009
11-06-2008, 07:08 AM
There has to be a better way. . .
After completing all 4 solo careers and band career, I have about $200k

The current "no pain" method is to repeat No Sleep Till Brooklyn while my fan sings on expert, which yields $760 a pop. Time for some math...

$1m - $200k = $800k more I need
$800k / $760 per show = 1,053 times I need to repeat
1,053 x 5 min (4.5 min song + loading times) = 5,265 minutes
or 87.75 HOURS of repeating this song. . .
And that's starting with a 200k base. It'd be over 109 hours starting from scratch.
Is this really worth the 30 points? Is a 1000 on this game THAT important to anyone? Because in all honesty, this game doesn't have enough of a replay value to me to get this achievement from just playing songs for fun. Perhaps there's a better method that I'm missing?
Thoughts, suggestions?

Bruk
11-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I'd like to know if there's a more efficient and/or fun way of doing this. Right now I'm doing the fan method also, but going through the guitar and bass careers on expert would be more fun. You can't do them again to get cash sponsorships, right?

richs180
11-06-2008, 08:35 AM
When you play No Sleep Till Brooklyn in a band on expert you can earn between $1400-1500 on vocals. Better but you'll have to find some friends who wanna play that song with you forever. Tricky...

Motrahtox
11-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah this is garbage I did the math with an average of $600 and I was disgusted when I saw I would have to play any song 2000 times. I like your way better but either way I noticed this is gonna take too much work.

My friend said it best " Activision thinks you only play their games, 500 wins in GH3 online?, the sick achievements in TH Project 8?"

I completed all careers but the band career with $95K and I find it crazy that I have to earn about $900K when I only have 7 achievements left. Most of these achievements while difficult, I know will not earn me $900K before I earn the last 7.

VooDooPeteK
11-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I would like to know how many ppl got this one on day one or 2?

Its a pain and will be one of the ones that I might get over time or if they hand out alot of free or really cheap DLC

Jaster Mereel04
11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
there is no way to get this achievement in one day, unless they achievement hacked. This is one of those achievements like Seriously and Seriously 2.0 with GoW where it is an achievement over time.

Deathblow23
11-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I think Activision got ALOT of the GHWT achievements right this time...except this one. There was really no way to go but up, compared to GH 3 though. This one's definitely a grind. I do think that there will be stellar DLC that will make chasing this one more fun than it is right now. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Valiant Goat
11-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Playing in an online band is likely the fastest way to make money, since I still have a lot of the band achievements left to do I'll get a little more money while going for those. 500 wins from GH3 was probably an easier achievement than this, and faster.

jesse477
11-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Well I wouldn't just go out and try to get 1,000,000, just don't worry about it.....if your not playing online just make your own setlists on quickplay that will be fun, since you still get money.....thats if you don't want to go through career over and over and play songs that you don't like.....I mean really, you got at least a year untill a new Guitar Hero comes out.

Deathblow23
11-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I mean really, you got at least a year untill a new Guitar Hero comes out.

Probably not because GH: Metallica is supposed to come out before the end of March...and Activision said earlier today that there will be several GH SKU's released in 09'. Of course that could include the Nintendo DS, and the PSP...but there will certainly be more than just one GH console release,...and one of those will certainly be before one calendar year from now.

fuzzy510
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I would like to know how many ppl got this one on day one or 2?

There's only one user on MyGamerCard who has the achievement at all, and he's a hacker.

Itsbrown4606
11-08-2008, 03:04 PM
That sounds a lot worse than grinding 1,000,000 coins on Yaris... at least there's decent music in World Tour... to an extent... Well, get your grinding pants on because we all have some work to do if we want it.

ABM DCizzle
11-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I found a good method. You take your account and put it on expert vocals, and let your fan sing No Sleep Till Brooklyn. Then you play bass on beginner on a different account. You'll earn $1400-$1500 a pop. From 200K it will still take about 38-40 hours. :(http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a/ABM%20DomeShot.png

thedave
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Obviously this one was meant for people who will play the game over and over again, and not meant to be an easy one-two day achievement. Oh Well.

I know I will get it... eventually...

Motrahtox
11-09-2008, 01:23 AM
The band thing about this achievement is that it doesnt fit in with the gameplay this game gives you. I have completed all instrument careers and the band career ( guitar and bass on expert and the other three on much lower difficulties.)

Everything the game offers minus completing the 3 solo score achievements and the 100% band achievements had been completed. I have about $120,000 right now.

What I have left to do will in no way come close to earning me the othe $880,000 for the $1,000,000 achievement.

So getting back to my point this game just doesnt have enough to do nor would I want to considering how awful a large percentage of the songs in this game are.

I am not a fanboy in any way ( I just like good games), but I feel if GHWT was structured more like Rock Band 2 I think the $1,000,000 earned would be less painful. Sure Rock Band 2 is making you play songs over and over ( some too often, damn Living on a prayer), but the fact that theres the challenge mode and the world tour makes it a bit more enjoyable. Im sure the fact that I also have a back catalogue of 100 or so additional songs of DLC helps as well.

It doesnt matter now because GHWT is what it is and Im just gonna have to go through the pain in doses for this one because Im not buying DLC the way I did for RB2.

wazz1
11-09-2008, 02:18 AM
I think this achievement is the hardest ever in a GH game because of the sheer time it takes to get it. 500 Ranked Match Wins is easy compared to 1300 or so runs through of the beasties boys song in front of a fan. Damn, i thought they had it right this time....

porschephiliac
11-09-2008, 02:31 AM
When you play No Sleep Till Brooklyn in a band on expert you can earn between $1400-1500 on vocals. Better but you'll have to find some friends who wanna play that song with you forever. Tricky...
Is it possible to plug the mic and let it sit while you play the guitar on expert with a guest account? If that works, bam!

wazz1
11-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Is it possible to plug the mic and let it sit while you play the guitar on expert with a guest account? If that works, bam!

but doesnt each instrument get a seperate amount of money?

porschephiliac
11-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Yeah, but if you make your profile the singer and lay it next to a fan, while you guest or dummy a profile on guitar/whatever, the most money goes to your profile you want.

Valiant Goat
11-09-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah, but if you make your profile the singer and lay it next to a fan, while you guest or dummy a profile on guitar/whatever, the most money goes to your profile you want.

That does work, but it still takes a damn long time. It should be safe to say that everyone hates this achievement. :drunk

braddelo
11-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Playing the game also works;). Who cares how long it takes. Everyone bitches about lengthy achievements. Just play the damn thing and in a few months of casual play (or a couple weeks of extended play) you will have it. Simple. Quit whining:p.

Itsbrown4606
11-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Playing the game also works;). Who cares how long it takes. Everyone bitches about lengthy achievements. Just play the damn thing and in a few months of casual play (or a couple weeks of extended play) you will have it. Simple. Quit whining:p.

Right. Come back here and post when you've got the achievement. I would estimate it will take at least a year, in normal, human time. The kind where you take 2 months off because you're sick and tired of the game, and 3 months in rehab after you're done and need to get all of that cocaine out of your system you took so you wouldn't kill yourself.

Nirumano
11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Right. Come back here and post when you've got the achievement. I would estimate it will take at least a year, in normal, human time. The kind where you take 2 months off because you're sick and tired of the game, and 3 months in rehab after you're done and need to get all of that cocaine out of your system you took so you wouldn't kill yourself.

If it's so much of a hassle, how about NOT having the full 1000? Is it really that important?

Itsbrown4606
11-12-2008, 10:34 AM
If it's so much of a hassle, how about NOT having the full 1000? Is it really that important?

How about that was not the argument I made?

xCOBRAx
11-13-2008, 09:44 AM

a year huh? the guys math did say 88 hours yeah? Lets put it up to 100 to account for playing different songs. Thats 1 hour a day for 100 days, or 30 minutes a day for 200 days so hardly a year. If this game was like RB to me I would easily have it in a month, two tops. And i wouldnt need any cocaine and i will still graduate in the spring. Its time consuming sure, but not complete overkill.

Stufin135
11-13-2008, 03:03 PM
not really because thats you saying everytime your going to get $760 a song. Which i am definate you won't. so i would say about 3-4 months (and thats if you don't get bored.)

Lucent Beam
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM

But then you'd have to play expert guitar hundreds of times on No Sleep To Brooklyn? I don't understand how this is a better solution than letting the game play itself. You are earning money even in quickplay and all your band careers count toward one profile...

ILoveAztecChick
11-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Just got it today after 2 weeks of grinding, so it's not that bad. I probably could have gotten it in less than a week if I were unemployed. It will take you significantly longer if you actually have a life though.

Darth E1mo
11-14-2008, 01:28 PM
The way iv found is to play "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" on expert and Play "Through The Fire And The Flames" By Dragon Force on my laptop and put the mic next to the speaker. Works a treat. =]

fbx
11-14-2008, 02:25 PM
The way iv found is to play "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" on expert and Play "Through The Fire And The Flames" By Dragon Force on my laptop and put the mic next to the speaker. Works a treat. =]

Oh that was unneeded. You could also play Britney Spears or cough all the time, it would count anyway if it works with a FAN.

Stufin135
11-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Oh that was unneeded. You could also play Britney Spears or cough all the time, it would count anyway if it works with a FAN.
but in all fairness you could both pick something that actually sounds good :P lol

Iv VeNoM vI
11-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Fans suck on expert.

Stufin135
11-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Fans suck on expert.
But for no sleep till brooklin it works a treat ;)

reficuz
11-17-2008, 02:17 AM
i think this achievement is harder that the one in gh3 where you had to get $300,000

Itsbrown4606
11-17-2008, 02:52 AM
a year huh? the guys math did say 88 hours yeah? Lets put it up to 100 to account for playing different songs. Thats 1 hour a day for 100 days, or 30 minutes a day for 200 days so hardly a year. If this game was like RB to me I would easily have it in a month, two tops. And i wouldnt need any cocaine and i will still graduate in the spring. Its time consuming sure, but not complete overkill.

I was overexaggerating, don't be so literal...

...and don't forget that the 360 will RRoD within that 7 months so that's another month.

Bruk
11-17-2008, 02:57 AM
I've found a somewhat easier method of going about griding for cash:

1. Use the fan trick for expert vocals on No Sleep til Brooklyn (The account you want the money to go to will obviously be signed in on the controller). Setting your volume all the way down will cut down on repetition, unless you REALLY like the song.

2. Use another account for guitar on beginner difficulty

3. Play No Sleep til Brooklyn on Band Quickplay over and over

4. Set up your guitar controller so you can strum the bar with one hand
toward your body. I have mine set up so my laptop is in the middle of my desk, monitor on top left, and guitar below monitor to the left of the laptop. This allows you to do other stuff without having to constantly pick up and drop the guitar when you need to strum to avoid failing. (Yes, it is possible to fail the song seperately on guitar without strumming)

Next, set your controller somewhere convenient so you can press buttons on it without picking it up.

5. Strum the first set of notes (glowing bars) in the song until you reach a 4x multiplier

6. Wait until the first section of the solo (Will be at approximately 100,000 points) and hit 5 bars, then 1 bar, then 18 bars. This also keeps you from failing the song.

I think if you get 2 4x multiplier streaks in the song, you get about $200 more each playthrough, which adds up nicely.

7. Finish the song. Your account doing vocals will get about $1300+, depending on how many notes/streaks you've hit. If you miss the 2nd multiplier streak in the 18 bar section, don't worry, you'll just lose a little bit of money.

8. Repeat the process. After a few times you'll get into the rhythm of pressing A, start, then mashing the A button and green fret button on the guitar neck to get past the difficulty select screen.

This method is what I've found best for getting that pain-in-the-ass million dollars. Note that you can do this without a desk and/or laptop/PC but it'll be mind-numbingly boring without something to do in between hitting notes. Also, you can hit any notes you want...this method is just what works best for me.

$1,300 per song is almost double what you'd make doing 2 sessions of vocals. 2 sessions = $1520, so with this method you're effectively cutting your time down 80%. If you don't mind paying a wee bit of attention to the screen this will help a lot.

Hope anyone reading this can make use of it!

elektrixxx
11-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Fans suck on expert.

You mean fans BLOW on expert!

I actually don't use a fan. I put my mic pointing down over the air holes on my 360. I guess anyone can use that method unless you installed your game, or have your 360 standing up.

ILoveAztecChick
11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
$1,300 per song is almost double what you'd make doing 2 sessions of vocals. 2 sessions = $1520, so with this method you're effectively cutting your time down 80%. If you don't mind paying a wee bit of attention to the screen this will help a lot.

Hope anyone reading this can make use of it!

I was making $2,000 a song playing "Hey Man, Nice Shot" on expert bass with my fan on beginner vocals. You need the FC though. You could probably make even more doing expert guitar on Assassin, but I wasn't consistent enough for FC's. Hope this helps.

Bruk
11-17-2008, 07:19 PM
How long did it take you to get a million? Did you use your method to acquire most of your cash?

Darkness zora
11-18-2008, 01:31 AM
dudes on the leader boards it says 3 people hav over 1mil.
crazyness

Stufin135
11-18-2008, 01:49 AM
i think this achievement is harder that the one in gh3 where you had to get $300,000

really i would never have of guessed considering you have to get $700,000 more :P