PDA

View Full Version : Buddy missions in Mike's Bar

Cashaddi
11-06-2008, 05:11 PM
1.) They do not give you achievements besides the first one ?
2.) You can do 2 missions for everyone ?!
3.) You can only do these missions after you have done another mission ?!
4.) You cannot do missions for your second best buddy ?
5.) One buddy is never in the bar ?(currently Michele is missing)

Could tell me if those statements are true or not?

Ka1n007
11-06-2008, 07:33 PM
The 1st one is the only one that give you the ach, the side missions do nothing basically someone said they unlock weapons faster but i dont think thats true. I think that you can do more than 2 bc theres like 40 i did like 34 and the last 6 never popped up, maybe bc i didnt have all the buddies on 1st playthru and you can do their missions whenever just drive out of mikes hit the main road outside and the mission icon re pops up i know bc i did most of them in order. dunno about one never being in bar it depends if you did theire missions already but theres usually 2-3

b1indedbyfear
11-06-2008, 08:43 PM
If one of the buddies has died after you rescued them will you not be able to get the achievement?

ITALIANS DO IT BETTER
11-06-2008, 09:06 PM
If one of the buddies has died after you rescued them will you not be able to get the achievement?

yeah , u'll get it . it says '' free all buddies '' and not '' make them all survive .

DemonI81
11-06-2008, 10:06 PM
1.) They do not give you achievements besides the first one ?
2.) You can do 2 missions for everyone ?!
3.) You can only do these missions after you have done another mission ?!
4.) You cannot do missions for your second best buddy ?
5.) One buddy is never in the bar ?(currently Michele is missing)

Could tell me if those statements are true or not?

1) True
2) True (for some, maybe all)
3) True
4) I don't know
5) Was that way for me, always one missing.

All that doing the buddy side missions does is upgrade the safe houses. And the buddy achievement... you can get that by subverting a mission, you never have to do a single buddy mission from the bar.

B4d33nD
11-06-2008, 10:42 PM
3) True

You don't have to do another mission first. When I did buddy missions in the North after I finished one, I drove to Pala, looked on my map and I saw a new mission available at Mike's.

Cashaddi
11-06-2008, 10:48 PM
K thanks....

one last question:

Do I have to do 6 subversions in the Northern District to get the ach pop up?
Cause I did 5 main mission ( 3 for APR and 2 for UFLL) and have 5 subversions....

Will I get the ach?

Ka1n007
11-06-2008, 10:51 PM
I dont remember how many but you must subvert them all to get achievement and if i remember right you can still do missions after but they dont call you

b1indedbyfear
11-07-2008, 12:09 AM
yeah , u'll get it . it says '' free all buddies '' and not '' make them all survive .

thanks..i knew that...i was seeing if specific buddies had certain missions or if it was the same for all.

DemonI81
11-07-2008, 01:29 AM
You don't have to do another mission first. When I did buddy missions in the North after I finished one, I drove to Pala, looked on my map and I saw a new mission available at Mike's.
Then you only had 1 main mission left. From what I experienced and from what the strategy guide says, you can't do buddy side missions back to back. If you've done all the cell tower missions, all the convoy missions and all the main missions but 1, I ASSUME you could do them back to back, but that's the only way.

K thanks....

one last question:

Do I have to do 6 subversions in the Northern District to get the ach pop up?
Cause I did 5 main mission ( 3 for APR and 2 for UFLL) and have 5 subversions....

Will I get the ach?
... You have to do 3 for each to move on. If you do 1 for the APR for example, then do 1 for the UFLL, you'll only be able to do UFLL ones until you've done all 3, then 2 more for the APR after that.
To answer your question, EVERY main (APR/UFLL) mission can be subverted, you will get a call from your buddy. You must subvert them all. 6 in the north and 6 in the south.