PDA

View Full Version : Boosting Infractions/Punishments

Tekoa55
11-07-2008, 12:57 AM
I have been scanning through the threads and I haven't seen this yet, so here it goes:

I think X360A should put infractions or some other diciplinary action on players who boost and get the achievement, but don't help the person (people) get that achievement they have been boosting for. People could tell admins. about x360a members who do that and they could be punished accordingly. For example, on NBA Ballers: Chosen One there is a twenty-five win achievement. Member A helps Member B get that achievement and then Member B quits out of their lobby. I think Member B should be punished AND help Member A get that achievement.

I think some appropiate punishments would be-

-Bans (In serious conditions like if someone is playing Def Jam Icon with someone for the "Ornery Bastard" achievement and lets them get 200 wins but gives back nothing.)
-Help with another achievement.
-Removing from Maximum Club for that certain game.

Thank you for reading and please consider my idea.

Shinobi273
11-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Most people on this site are good about helping with achievements. I don't think that would be necessary. There would also be problems verifying what happened.

There were suggestions for some kind of a rating system also.

Tekoa55
11-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I agree, everyone I play with from this site are extremely helpful and kind, but I'm afraid as X360A gets more popular, more and more people may have an idea to do something like that. I also heard about some cases in achievement trading threads that, that does happen to them. I want this site to be very sucessful and I am a great fan. :) I just don't wan't someone's day ruined or a couple bad apples spoiling the achievement trading threads.

The Pants Party
11-07-2008, 01:06 AM
If it can be proved, people who get an achievement and fail to return the favor lose their membership here. Obviously we need to be notified and proof needs to be give, but yeah, that is something we take seriously.

Tekoa55
11-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Thanks guys. I do think we need some kind of handbook or something about dicipline. By the way Pants, I am a Michigander, too.

XZYOE
11-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Good idea. Although I haven't boosted on this site yet, I don't know anyone who would want to get cheated like that. I hope punishments will be laid down for anyone who does anything like that.

mocca90
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Well I was almost everytime scared about that someone can just quit after get achievement but nothing like that happend to me :) Anyway I usually trying to get achievement first 'cause I know I'll help him/her back :D

TheLastAntidote
11-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I've only boosted 4 times ever, and all 4 experiences were pleasant and positive, so I hope that it never changes. Just to play it safe though, I never work to get the entire achievement first and return the favor. As an example, if an achievement is, "Win 25 matches." I want it to be you win one, I win one, all the way up to 25 that way I can't get stiffed or if I did, I atleast had 24 wins done. You'll never see me agree to letting you win 25 times and then you can help me get 25 wins.

Taker447
11-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I've only boosted 4 times ever, and all 4 experiences were pleasant and positive, so I hope that it never changes. Just to play it safe though, I never work to get the entire achievement first and return the favor. As an example, if an achievement is, "Win 25 matches." I want it to be you win one, I win one, all the way up to 25 that way I can't get stiffed or if I did, I atleast had 24 wins done. You'll never see me agree to letting you win 25 times and then you can help me get 25 wins.
yea thats how i do things as well. one for one. But i do agree heavily with this and i like what Pants said so infutrue people make sure you have proof. ;) But normally if your going to boost with someone then make sure there active on here and have a good post count and you'll know your very unlikey to get screwed by them as they are loyal and want the same as you.

EOU Findub
11-15-2008, 02:22 AM
How would you go about obtaining proof?

Pheonix_Assassin
11-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Well think we would get alot of younger members would say everyone never boosted just to get them banned but a REP system wouuld be awesome

OzzieDreamer
11-15-2008, 07:34 PM
I've only boosted once with someone on the site. You have to agree to alternate wins in the case you mentioned. Especially if it takes a long time to get the achievement. Someone might not be able to boost the whole thing in one sitting.... I had a positive experience, as the person I was boosting with agreed to play a few more games so I could get the achievement after he did...

craigyboy9024
11-16-2008, 01:08 AM
i agree, there shud b some kinda rating system... not just for people who dont boost back, but so tht people who do boost and are good about the boosting, they shud get some kinda award for being good booster...

like open new thread for when people reach certain good feedback from boosting, and open a booster leaderboard where people an try and be top of that.

this way not only are people who dip out of returning a boost punished but also reliable boosters are rewarded

Also, i do agree that alternate wins is the best way, but on some games, like smackdown 07 and 08, u have to get consecutive wins, in 07 u need 50 and 08 u need 30, luckily in both i have been with good people who have boosted well and returned

just my opinion :)

tarekegypt
11-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I have been scanning through the threads and I haven't seen this yet, so here it goes:

This idea has been posted before
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59197

Its listed in my ideas summary under Feedback system for Boosting Partners

Odiumruse
11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Bad rep never works, it ends in people just giving bad rep out for the wrong reasons, and good rep...they all just vote for friends, and even make second accounts to vote for themselves, something like i've seen elsewhere is a thanks system, and you give someone thanks when they boost, but you can only thank 1 person once. So you can't give your friend lots of thanks, and then we know if that person boosts with a wide variety of people, and not just a select few who rep him every time. But it would be nice to have something, when someone goes out of their way to boost an acievement for you when they could have bailed an hour ago when they got theirs.

Tekoa55
11-30-2008, 05:53 AM
How would you go about obtaining proof?

What I thought of was that when you sign up you post your gamertag and your partners'. When you are done boosting your partner and yourself could make a new post verifing that each person got the achievement. If they said you got the achievement and you really didn't you could give a mod the links to your Xbox Live profile on Xbox.com and the mod could check if you both have the achievement or not.

the-darkest-depths
12-03-2008, 03:41 PM
if people are worried about people quiting once aquired their achive why dont you simply, take turns.
as in if say its win 25 matches:
member a wins
member b wins
member a wins
member b wins
........ ect.

this could be added to a (if there is one) boosting tips thread.
that way if somone does quit then worst case scenario is you loose 1 win.

newbsicle
12-04-2008, 12:42 AM
I don't think people should be punished for something that happens off of the site. If a list of boosters was created and allowed people to leave either positive feedback, or negative, that may be something to look at. Not at all necessary though.