PDA

View Full Version : Two ideas here

dakisbac
11-07-2008, 04:06 AM
Both concerning My360Achievements checklists.

1) Have an option in our manage profile page to enable/disable the checklist for all games. As opposed to them all being disabled by default and having us have to enable each one individually.

2) For achievements that require other achievements requirements, have the other achievements automatically checked when you check the big one. Example: GTAIV. IIRC there is a 100% achievement. In the course of going for that achievement, you'll also unlock the pigeon and stunt jumps achievements. My idea is that you just have to check off the 100% achievement and the list will recognise that getting that achievement means you also got some of the other ones. A way for that to be implemented would be listing all the other achievements that you'll get along the way underneath the one achievement.

Thoughts?

Pheonix_Assassin
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
1) Have an option in our manage profile page to enable/disable the checklist for all games. As opposed to them all being disabled by default and having us have to enable each one individually.

I like idea 1 but how im looking at it is it will put everybody on every leaderboard even tho if they dont have the game if you get me.

But good idea none the less but i can not see it taking off sorry.

The Pants Party
11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I like idea 1 but how im looking at it is it will put everybody on every leaderboard even tho if they dont have the game if you get me.

You only go on the leaderboards for a game if you've played the game. The leaderboards have nothing to do with the checklists, or everyone could just check everything they wanted and show 1000 in every game.

1. Do you really want 300+ games to show up on your checklist page? With all the arcades, doubles and Japanese games there's no way you'd use them all and it would just hurt our servers more than anything.

2. There's really no way to code that into the checklists. It is a simple checkbox function with no parameters to it. It is either checked or not checked and it reports or doesn't report to the final totals accordingly, you know what I mean?

Sorry!

dakisbac
11-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh well, I tried

Malikkr
11-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Pants is right (as usual). But what would be cool is, you know how you can connect your gamercard to the site or your profile? Well you could make so the checklists automatically update when you get the achievement. Although you would have to update and modify the checklists because like Panty said, its just a simple checklist. Just a thought

Eternal
11-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Bandwidth would be literally eaten up by it :) But if servers and coding wasn't a problem, it would have been a nice idea.