PDA

View Full Version : "One Gun" on impossible...POSSIBLE???

Damian83
11-09-2008, 12:52 PM
im planning to do my second playthrough on impossible using only plasma cutter... do u think its possible if i use cheats when needed? and can i use stasis, kinetic, and melee attacks, or i have to use only plasma cutter???

Big Daddy xNL
11-09-2008, 01:00 PM
im planning to do my second playthrough on impossible using only plasma cutter... do u think its possible if i use cheats when needed? and can i use stasis, kinetic, and melee attacks, or i have to use only plasma cutter???

Yes, you can use them.
If youre good you can playtrough impossible using one gun

Spades68
11-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Not even IF YOUR GOOD, its almost manditory, from my experiance the game kind of draws your attention to the plasma cutter the entire time you play. Now I might as well list the "PROS" to my opinionated response.

- First weapon you get
- Tons of plasma energy ammo throughout the game regardless if you have the gun in your inventory or not using it.
- Very ammunition efficient, most of the time when the thing is fully blinged out you get 1 limb per shot.
- Ammo stacks very well in inventory and also most of the time you get more ammo for the kill than you spent killing it.

(These probably relate to any weapon but with the pro's above it just makes my point all the more obvious)

- Having 1 weapon allows you to toss out extra ammo for different weapons to attain more money.
- Upgrading 1 gun is easier, more cost effective, and just saves so many power nodes for your rig!
- Over all just more money to fling around in the shop for items like health packs for all those instant damage momments that EA so delightfully thought would make the game better.

I know its just my opinion but heck I felt like sharing it, besides spending all that time with my plasma cutter I got great with it as I'm sure anyone else who did 1 gun.
________
Dodge Polara History (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Polara)

Damian83
11-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Not even IF YOUR GOOD, its almost manditory, from my experiance the game kind of draws your attention to the plasma cutter the entire time you play. Now I might as well list the "PROS" to my opinionated response.

- First weapon you get
- Tons of plasma energy ammo throughout the game regardless if you have the gun in your inventory or not using it.
- Very ammunition efficient, most of the time when the thing is fully blinged out you get 1 limb per shot.
- Ammo stacks very well in inventory and also most of the time you get more ammo for the kill than you spent killing it.

(These probably relate to any weapon but with the pro's above it just makes my point all the more obvious)

- Having 1 weapon allows you to toss out extra ammo for different weapons to attain more money.
- Upgrading 1 gun is easier, more cost effective, and just saves so many power nodes for your rig!
- Over all just more money to fling around in the shop for items like health packs for all those instant damage momments that EA so delightfully thought would make the game better.

I know its just my opinion but heck I felt like sharing it, besides spending all that time with my plasma cutter I got great with it as I'm sure anyone else who did 1 gun.

i confirm it! i just reached chapter 5 and i have fully upgraded plasma cutter, tons of medipaks in safe, and some upgrades for armor and stasis. game is very funny and challenging in this way. i try to use all possible, gravity platforms and explosives for save ammo. i dont bought ammo or medipaks yet. only power nodes and suits upgrades. but i have about 25 plasma "bullets" in advance each time. when i use it, i refill it immediately from dead enemies. and no cheats used. i hope it will be not necessary

pined5551
11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
yeah, this was gonna b my plan for impossible as well. My first playthrough was on medium and i found the plasma cutter to be really good even with only one or two upgrades. To bad im at uni, wont be able to go home again till Christmas.

Damian83
11-12-2008, 07:29 PM
just finished it!! 200 plasma energy, 3 large medipaks (never bought one), and 105000 credits in advance, after killed last enemy. i want more achievements for this game! it was too funny

WOW! just noticed that money cheats can used once per playthrough, so i cant get all upgrades achievement without playing again! very good!