PDA

View Full Version : 5 Hall of Famers achievement

thomasmc14
11-10-2008, 10:38 PM
This is the only achievement i have left and i just need to know, after winning every male title that pop-up says something about Hall of Fame. Do i need to see this message 5 times to get the achievement?

sbm
11-10-2008, 11:09 PM
yes... u need 5....

thomasmc14
11-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Woah, thats long, thanks though.

Evo Kazz
11-10-2008, 11:36 PM
I only need that one too, I think we need to complete 5 Careers.....and Win in them too, so we cant use the Year DQ trick

hammer2000
11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
How long does it take for each hall of fame entry?

I rented the game until saturday and was hoping to get 1000G out of it, only got the career achievements left.

Evo Kazz
11-11-2008, 09:50 AM
A good few hours, At a rough guess I would say 5 per HOF, maybe more though

hammer2000
11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Looks like i'll have to kiss goodbye to 1000G then. Oh well, maybe i'll rent it again sometime.

hammer2000
11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
One more question abou this achievement - does it have to be 5 created superstars inducted in the HOF, or can it be the normal superstars such as HHH, HBK etc.

Midnight Malice
11-11-2008, 12:06 PM
well, it can be 5 regular superstars, but you need the 6 abilities for 1 CAW, so you might as well make one of them a CAW

sbm
11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
One more question abou this achievement - does it have to be 5 created superstars inducted in the HOF, or can it be the normal superstars such as HHH, HBK etc.

It can be any superstar.... and for me it took 3 hrs per HoF

Evo Kazz
11-11-2008, 12:12 PM
It can be normal stars as my HHH just got inducted, I would do it with 5 differant people though to be safe, CAWS work too.

I got it wrong, it can be done in about 3 and a half hours per HOF entrant, so around 17 and a half hours total. Maybe less if your good.

Best way to do it is do all ECW Extreme Rules matches, and use this tactic:

1) Fight opponent normally until finisher builds up, use it
2) Grab Chair, hit opponent to fast fill finisher meter
3) Perform 3 more differant finishers or signature moves
4) Grab Ladder, fast fill 2 more times and finish the opponent and pin him
5) Just make sure the opponent is bleeding before you pin, if not, make him.
6) On #1 Contender match, win as fast as possible, use weapons if allowed etc.
7) On Championship match, select tables match, fast fill finisher using weapons, then irish whip opponent to table and finish for very very fast win
8) Repeat for every belt

You are aiming to hit 5 Star matches in 3 matches so the 4th doesnt need to be played, using the above method will get you 5 stars the quickest way, if you do get 4 stars, then just select table match for the 4th guy and hammer him through it asap

hammer2000
11-11-2008, 01:41 PM
sbm - What was your method for getting it down to 3 hrs?

It can be any superstar.... and for me it took 3 hrs per HoF

sbm
11-11-2008, 02:57 PM
hammer2000 - I did exactly as evokazz said in the above post....I prefer ladder..it will fill ur bar quickly...

and dont go for all titles... once the wwe & wh champs are avail... just go for it...once u get them...u can defend....

fatality292
11-11-2008, 04:31 PM
am i being dumb or can u not just get any title and defend it aslong as u pick your next title on the same show? or will this not work to get you into the hall of fame does it have to be 3 defenses after getting wwe/wh, i also heard you need ECW aswell...right or wrong?

Evo Kazz
11-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah Ladder is much faster, as it does not vanish, but I added a couple of chairs in there too for variety, to help boost star points, also doing a couple of turnbuckle jumps wont hurt if you feel like it.

fatality292
11-11-2008, 04:59 PM
am i being dumb or can u not just get any title and defend it aslong as u pick your next title on the same show? or will this not work to get you into the hall of fame does it have to be 3 defenses after getting wwe/wh, i also heard you need ECW aswell...right or wrong? just moving my question down in hope of an answer haha!

mikery009
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
i can sill get 900 gs though :) :)

Volcom guy992
11-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Okay im just starting this out with my CAW and theres no intercontinental champion. Also i beat all 4 people before it and have enough stars but i cant go for the title what do i do?

EDIT: Nevermind i figured it out haha

hammer2000
11-12-2008, 11:46 AM
To be inducted, do you have to win all the championships and then it happens or do you have to go all the way to Wrestlemania before being inducted?

Evo Kazz
11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Nah, just win the WH and WWE titles then the option appears. But you will need to win about 6 Belts in all, to get that far.

Management
11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
You only need four to unlock WWE and Heavywieght

hammer2000
11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
So far i've won, IC Title, World Tag Titles, ECW Title and Hardcore Title. working on the two HW Titles next

Evo Kazz
11-12-2008, 05:06 PM
4 Belts + WWE + WH = 6 belts = Pain in the butt lol.

If all 5 star matches this = 30 matches per HOF.

To conclude, this = 150 Matches for the achievement which for the record also = Pain in the butt.

Thats todays math lesson over lol

feelthecrash
12-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Ok so for the “5 Hall of Famers” achievement what are the specific requirements to do this? Is it mostly based off star ranking, matches won, titles won, abilities or what??? Also does inducting a C-A-W count toward the Achievement seeing how the description reads “ in career mode, induct 5 “Superstarts” into the hall of Fame.

I’ll be really thankful for any help.

PS I have searched other threads and site with no luck on this matter.

mighty1
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
hey feelthecrash,some of these questions were already answerd friend, scroll up and read some of the post. if you have the game as soon as you enter career mode you basically have to earn a certain amount of points to become a number 1 contender for the title you're trying to go for. once you do that you have to win the number 1 contenders match then once you do that you can face the chamion. rinse and repeat. you have to win 6 titles total ( one of them the wwe or w.h. title ), once you do just defend 1 title 3 times and the wrestler is inducted into the HOF.
easy as that

BCPotter
12-08-2008, 05:06 PM
The WWE and World Heavyweight can be a pain in the butt to get, so I'd recommend only completing those titles once to count towards your Gold Rush achievement. For the remaining career, just go after Intercontinental, US, ECW, Hardcore, Cruiserweight and a tag title, then defend 3 times and get your Hall of Fame status. You'll able to defend after winning any 6 titles, so might as well not stress yourself. I liked to go through ECW matches, bust a few tables, and do all my signature moves and finishers to get my 5 stars, then table matches to get the titles. After a few careers, I found it less stressful to just get 4 stars by rushing through table matches. You'll play more matches, but you go through them quickly and it doesn't seem so bad. My final career took me just 2 hours 18 minutes. Hope that helps somebody. This can be a boring and tedious task, but well worth it when the 1000 appears.

mighty1
12-08-2008, 06:35 PM
The WWE and World Heavyweight can be a pain in the butt to get, so I'd recommend only completing those titles once to count towards your Gold Rush achievement. For the remaining career, just go after Intercontinental, US, ECW, Hardcore, Cruiserweight and a tag title, then defend 3 times and get your Hall of Fame status. You'll able to defend after winning any 6 titles, so might as well not stress yourself. I liked to go through ECW matches, bust a few tables, and do all my signature moves and finishers to get my 5 stars, then table matches to get the titles. After a few careers, I found it less stressful to just get 4 stars by rushing through table matches. You'll play more matches, but you go through them quickly and it doesn't seem so bad. My final career took me just 2 hours 18 minutes. Hope that helps somebody. This can be a boring and tedious task, but well worth it when the 1000 appears.

yeah this is helpful indeed, so any 6 titles? seems like the first time i played i didn't unlock the defend a title ability until i grabbed one of the top 2 belts and at that point i obtained every other title. i'll have to check this out as this can be very painful when playing. i wnt to build up my caws so bad but i'm thinking about skipping it until the patch comes out next month. sides i just got gta for my psp and i'm really gettinginto that lol

SteroidalFish2
12-09-2008, 02:44 AM
There really is no fast way to do this is there?

mighty1
12-09-2008, 05:04 AM
There really is no fast way to do this is there?

not really but i mean c'mon its a 100 gamerscore points. its not hard getting, just have2 put a small amount of time into which is cool especially when you have a ipod handy:)

feelthecrash
12-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the help guys...

Iv VeNoM vI
12-11-2008, 10:30 PM
this achieve will only take on night?

BCPotter
12-12-2008, 03:57 AM
yeah this is helpful indeed, so any 6 titles? seems like the first time i played i didn't unlock the defend a title ability until i grabbed one of the top 2 belts and at that point i obtained every other title. i'll have to check this out as this can be very painful when playing. i wnt to build up my caws so bad but i'm thinking about skipping it until the patch comes out next month. sides i just got gta for my psp and i'm really gettinginto that lol

My first time through was the only time I used a CAW. I was also going for my A Year in the Life and working towards the Gold Rush, but that is the ONLY time I ever won the WWE and WH titles. The remaining five careers I did, I only went after the 6 titles I listed earlier.

this achieve will only take on night?

I think it could be done in a day, but you're going to get bored if you attempt to do it all at once. I had to break it up into several nights and force myself through the bulk of this achievement.

Ecko813
12-12-2008, 07:28 PM
hey guys just wanted to say thanks for all the help :)

mellowknight
12-13-2008, 03:54 PM
While we're on the subject of career mode. Any wrestler you pick to go through career (CAW or non-CAW), their stats all start at the overall of 36, right? I started a career with Mr. Kennedy and his overall was 87 when I chose him, but when I started career, his overall was 36.

I'm gonna have fun getting these achievements. I'm not gonna try to rush it, gotta get my $60 worth out of the game.

iMk x Brophy
05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
if any1 has 5 hall of famers achievement plz add my gamertag iMk x Brophy becuase i am rly findin this achevement hard

LachyFTW
05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
There is nothing hard about this achievement, its just boring as hell.

Qonok
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I just used ECW rules and Table Matches to win quick. You hit the other until you get a finisher. Use finisher to put him through table. Match is won. Only problem I had were the matches where you couldn't choose the match like Cage and such.

Luke615
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
How long does it take for each hall of fame entry?

I rented the game until saturday and was hoping to get 1000G out of it, only got the career achievements left.

like at least 4 hours per wrestler

mfhewson
05-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I have done 5 of these, got the HoF logo next to them but my CaW didn't give me credit for it. I have Randy, Batista, Ted D, CaW and HHH. So I am not sure if it is glitched with it being DLC? But I am currently doing another with Edge now.

X360Achieve
05-27-2009, 02:24 AM
great tips !! hopimg it dont take to long

Goldenfoxx
06-04-2009, 08:10 AM
I have done 5 of these, got the HoF logo next to them but my CaW didn't give me credit for it. I have Randy, Batista, Ted D, CaW and HHH. So I am not sure if it is glitched with it being DLC? But I am currently doing another with Edge now.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I do NOT want to go through this again. I've been at this for three days, I have filled the requirements for the achievement, five superstars are showing the HoF logo next to their names in the roster editor (DLC Version of Chris Jericho, my CaW, Ted DiBiase DLC, Randy Orton, and HHH), and the achievement has not popped. Any ideas?

Purant
06-09-2009, 01:51 AM
I find the quickest way to do each belt is get a 5 star on your first match then a 4 on the next one, then you can just do ladder matches which takes about 30 seconds per match as you just wait for the other guy to take the briefcase/title down to almost bottom, run up the ladder, punch (x) him 6 times in the face throw him off and take the case.

Dazz
06-09-2009, 01:59 AM
All I did was Singles Match, turned everything off so it's just pins, did both signatures, both finishers to get 5 stars, rinse and repeat other than the speciality matches you need to do for contender matches.

Helps if you do one midcard belt, 1 tag team belt, 1 lower belt (CW or Hardcore) plus ECW and both WWE and World titles, if you win the Rumble you get 5 stars for a title path and winning MITB makes it easy when you just have the WWE and World title paths left so you can get straight to the champ.

4 hours later HBK was my last Hall of Famer.

unkled20
06-28-2009, 04:59 PM
I keep hearing about it saying "HOF" next to the wrestler. Where does it say this? I used HHH and got every title and defended one 3 times and I got the message that I am a hall of famer but I don't see "HOF" anywhere. I defended a different title to see if something would change but nothing did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have to do this 6 times instead of 5.

EDIT: Well, I'm an idiot!!! lol 2 minutes after I posted this I found it. :D

DJ Crolly
12-31-2009, 11:02 PM
I know what to do.but when i start a career,it only has singles matches,until i win hardcore and ecw title.why is everyone saying it is quick at the start.

Optomistic
06-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Ouch! I was flying through my first 4 belts, then as soon as I started the heavy weight belts, the opponents started countering everything I threw at them and hen throwing attacks and grapples at me which I couldn't reverse....I'll be damn glad not to go for thee again.