PDA

View Full Version : Year in the Life, easy way

Evo Kazz
11-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Ok I got this now, its easy, this is how u do it, I tried several ways and only this worked. Took a couple of hours, but could be done quicker.

1) Start a new Career with anyone
2) Accept Championship path the game gives you
3) Start a match from the Title path page (any)
4) Set DQ to on
5) Exit ring, grab sledgehammer, hit opponent, get DQ'd
6) The date moves forward, simply repeat steps 3 - 5 for the year

Important note:

On your travel to this achievement, you will be asked to join a Royal Rumble and a MITB match at Wrestlemania, Im not sure if they are required but I participated in both, and did NOT win them and still got the cheevie. I left my console running for an hour and when I returned JBL had won the MITB lol.

VitalHook
11-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Bit of a stupid question, but I don't know how to get a sledgehammer from under the ring. How do you do it? :)

Evo Kazz
11-10-2008, 11:44 PM
For me it was on the Left of the ring, walk to the middle of the apron (outside) and press A

sbm
11-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I did exactly the same.... grab chair...hit him....

thomasmc14
11-11-2008, 12:16 AM
I just grabbed the ring bell every match and hit the opponent.

You don't have to take part in the MITB match but i did the Rumble match and got the achievement just after Wrestlemania. April 7th i think because i was on smackdown.

shauno1863
11-11-2008, 12:54 AM
good tactic but in a way u mite aswell just play all of every match because of the 5 hall of famers cheeve u basicly hav 2 do a year each on thm

Evo Kazz
11-11-2008, 07:45 AM
The problem with mixing the 2 achievements is it sometimes wont give you the year one.

I did 3 years total with my CAW, mostly for fun as I got carried away maxing his stats, I sent him to the HOF aswell, and in all 3 years of playing for titles I never got the 1 year achievement.

Then I dd it the way I posted and it unlocked, its just a guaranteed way to get it for those struggling.

raptor_256
11-11-2008, 03:48 PM
if you challenge or defend championship belts it will skip you to the next PPV, so you'll need to do regular matches and challenge at PPV, so you play every week

Management
11-11-2008, 11:19 PM
This definetly works,took me like an hour

MITB dosnŽt needed

Storm
11-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Thanks for this, evokazz. Got it a few minutes ago with the DQ method.

Josh Knight
11-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Ok I got this now, its easy, this is how u do it, I tried several ways and only this worked. Took a couple of hours, but could be done quicker.

4) Set DQ to on

Important note:

On your travel to this achievement, you will be asked to join a Royal Rumble and a MITB match at Wrestlemania, Im not sure if they are required but I participated in both, and did NOT win them and still got the cheevie. I left my console running for an hour and when I returned JBL had won the MITB lol.

Will this get you into the Hall of Fame though.

Brogan322
11-14-2008, 06:49 AM
It starts me with CW path. Do I just DQ one person in the CW title area or DQ them all?

Management
11-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Will this get you into the Hall of Fame though.

Nope

It starts me with CW path. Do I just DQ one person in the CW title area or DQ them all?

You can fight against the same wrestler over and over,dosnŽt matter

i0n4life
11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
well taking title shots in week one of a month screwed me of the cheevie, least now i know. oh well.

Shypsi6
11-14-2008, 08:48 PM
well taking title shots in week one of a month screwed me of the cheevie, least now i know. oh well.
Yeah that messed me up to. But I got it now.

This method rocks!

afunk117
11-15-2008, 03:48 AM
cant wait for game. seems good and confusing

Hardc0re Gamerz
11-15-2008, 06:03 PM
lol, ok..... can u multi task?

Jaystar
11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I thought this might work, thanks for confirming!

DCS 23
11-15-2008, 06:57 PM
The problem with mixing the 2 achievements is it sometimes wont give you the year one.

I did 3 years total with my CAW, mostly for fun as I got carried away maxing his stats, I sent him to the HOF aswell, and in all 3 years of playing for titles I never got the 1 year achievement.

Then I dd it the way I posted and it unlocked, its just a guaranteed way to get it for those struggling.
did you play all match types i was told you have to do that..!

thekingofkings
11-17-2008, 09:20 PM

But if you do it that way you don't recieve enough stars to challenge ofr the title thus end up having to fight the same matches over and over again. I don't get how this tactic could work? I'm doing a career now with my created Superstar. I was on the path for the ECW title and lost twice to one of the guys (Trying to get one of the abilities) which made the week progress for each loss. After i beat him and challenged for the title it skipped over a show and sent me to a PPV. So without gaining the stars how do you progress? Do you just get DQ'd your whole carreer and it lets you win? Please someone explain further as I can not forsee this as possible.

thekingofkings
11-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Nope

You can fight against the same wrestler over and over,dosnŽt matter

So I can use this tactic and fight the same guy for a whole year never challenging for the title and get the achievement and it only takes one hour?

DeliriEyeD
11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
I just won all the male titles in my first career and got the message to keep defending my titles. When does the year end. I forget what was the first ppv that I wrestled at and I am wondering when I get to that ppv again will I get credit for a year or do I just have to keep playing? Any help would be appreciated.

Management
11-18-2008, 12:09 AM
I just won all the male titles in my first career and got the message to keep defending my titles. When does the year end. I forget what was the first ppv that I wrestled at and I am wondering when I get to that ppv again will I get credit for a year or do I just have to keep playing? Any help would be appreciated.

Nope if you want the ach youŽll have to play all year long again

DeliriEyeD
11-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Nope if you want the ach youŽll have to play all year long again

Oh ok so the year starts after you win the belts. Thanks

sugarshanenixon
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
So I've played career up to being in the hall of fame.. I competed in the royal rumble and didn't do MitB and didn't get this achievement what happened

Management
11-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh ok so the year starts after you win the belts. Thanks

No,year starts after wretlemania

BCPotter
11-18-2008, 06:53 PM
The DQ method works because you don't skip regular shows to compete for/defend titles at PPVs.

I don't really understand what's so confusing about this achievement that some people are struggling to get it. All you have to do is ONLY play title matches if the current day is a PPV. If you do a #1 contender match at a PPV, play regular matches until the day is at a PPV.

I got the Year in the Life achievement and Hall of Fame status on my first playthrough. Don't make it more difficult than it actually is.

thekingofkings
11-18-2008, 11:40 PM
The DQ method works because you don't skip regular shows to compete for/defend titles at PPVs.

I don't really understand what's so confusing about this achievement that some people are struggling to get it. All you have to do is ONLY play title matches if the current day is a PPV. If you do a #1 contender match at a PPV, play regular matches until the day is at a PPV.

I got the Year in the Life achievement and Hall of Fame status on my first playthrough. Don't make it more difficult than it actually is.

So even if it's a title match I can get DQ'd and it will work? I don't have to unlock other title paths?

Management
11-19-2008, 12:27 AM
So even if it's a title match I can get DQ'd and it will work? I don't have to unlock other title paths?

doing this trick youŽll never have a title match so donŽt worry just follow the instructions and youŽll be fine

evilhotice
11-19-2008, 04:18 AM

4) Set DQ to on

Important note:

i tried this and it didn't unlock. i didn't participate in the rumble but i won the MITB at wrestlemania still nothing. do i have to use a regular person or can i use a CAW?

UnlikelyStory
11-19-2008, 09:20 AM
i tried this and it didn't unlock. i didn't participate in the rumble but i won the MITB at wrestlemania still nothing. do i have to use a regular person or can i use a CAW?

I think the fact you didn't compete in the Rumble had something to do with it.

pinmonkae
11-19-2008, 09:31 AM
I think the fact you didn't compete in the Rumble had something to do with it.

First off I did this achievement yesterday using the described DQ technique - many thanks for the great time-saving tip!!! :)

Also FYI you don't have to compete in the Rumble - it gives you the choice of a regular match and taking this option still works. Same goes for Wrestlemania - MITB is not required if a regular match is available (it was for me).

Fighting and getting disqualified against the same person every match for an entire year may be boring but it is definitely the way to go as has been stated. ;)

UnlikelyStory
11-19-2008, 10:03 AM
First off I did this achievement yesterday using the described DQ technique - many thanks for the great time-saving tip!!! :)

Also FYI you don't have to compete in the Rumble - it gives you the choice of a regular match and taking this option still works. Same goes for Wrestlemania - MITB is not required if a regular match is available (it was for me).

Fighting and getting disqualified against the same person every match for an entire year may be boring but it is definitely the way to go as has been stated. ;)

Ah okay, I got you now. I haven't got to the Rumble yet so I thought it was either Rumble match or nothing.

Sam_Rothstein
11-22-2008, 12:35 AM
how long does the year take? im in january 17th of the next year and i havent been asked to do the royal rumble or anything else yet.

Im still in the first path. I figured it would be january to january and thats a year. Im at 52 wins right now. How many matches will I be at by the time a year hits?

many thanks to whoever answers

IR IH II IN O x
11-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks evokazz, took me a little over 30 minutes. Took me 66 matches. It's stupid that when you play a championship and a #1 contender match that it takes you to a PPV. I'd have it twice if it wasn't for that.

j3s
11-22-2008, 05:27 PM
how long does the year take? im in january 17th of the next year and i havent been asked to do the royal rumble or anything else yet.

Im still in the first path. I figured it would be january to january and thats a year. Im at 52 wins right now. How many matches will I be at by the time a year hits?

To answer these questions and provide some additional notes on this guide:

I just unlocked the achievement in less than an hour (estimating 40 minutes or so) by following the steps mentioned in the original post. I used the Undertaker and fought a single, one on one match versus Festus or Carlito every time. The Royal Rumble option appeared on January 24th, and I opted to play a regular match instead. Same for MITB which came up in March. The achievement unlocked on April 5, after finishing a match on March 29, at which point my stats were:

66 Total Matches
66 Losses
66 DQ Losses
Total Match Time: 00:14:50
Average Match Time: 00:00:13

Those looking to get the achievement in the absolute shortest time possible might want to take the following steps into consideration:

1. If possible, install the game to your hard drive.

2. Choose a wrestler with an fast exit animation that also puts you in a good position to grab a weapon quickly (i.e. Undertaker).

3. At the beginning of your first match, turn off Entrances and enable both DQ and Ring Out (duh). After doing so, your choices will stay in place, so you never have to look at this screen again and can just press A to skip it every time.

4. As soon as the match starts, immediately hold left and start pressing A. Continue pressing A as your exit animation begins so that you will reach for the weapon as soon as you hit the floor.

5. When your wrestler reaches under the apron, start pressing LB and right.

6. As you re-enter the ring, press right + X to nail your opponent and end the match. 90+ percent of the time, they will be within range to take the shot. If not, adjust yourself accordingly.

7. If, for any reason, you have difficulties getting in position to grab the weapon, or your opponent blocks/dodges/reverses, or if you run into any similar problem, just restart the match. Doing so is almost always faster than screwing around in the ring doing things like trying to regain control of a weapon.

8. After the match ends, continuously press A until the next one begins. Just make sure to watch for the Royal Rumble and MITB options in the months mentioned, and don't waste your time participating in either one of them. Choose a regular match instead.

9. If necessary, go to My WWE > Options > Gameplay Settings > In Game Options and set the difficulty to Easy. Similarly, go to Customize Game Settings in the same menu and turn all of the AI sliders off.

Thanks to Evokazz for the post.

DeliriEyeD
11-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I am trying to get this achievement on the same save file as the one I just won all the belts on. I want to know if I just do non-title matches for a year will I get the achievement for wrestling a year still. I still get ppv matches that are non-title so I figured this should work but wanted to know if anyone else did it this way? Thanks

j3s
11-23-2008, 04:14 AM
I am trying to get this achievement on the same save file as the one I just won all the belts on. I want to know if I just do non-title matches for a year will I get the achievement for wrestling a year still.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but, why not avoid the title hassle altogether and just use a non-title-holding wrester to get the achievement with?

DeliriEyeD
11-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but, why not avoid the title hassle altogether and just use a non-title-holding wrester to get the achievement with?

That probably would just make more sense. The only reason I tried it this way was because I was trying to get my wrestler into the hall of fame and I started do more matches after I won all the titles and figured I would just try and continue.

SIL3NC3D BULL3T
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Nice Guide Kazz, Got The Achievement In No Time ;)

BCPotter
11-24-2008, 09:59 PM
I am trying to get this achievement on the same save file as the one I just won all the belts on. I want to know if I just do non-title matches for a year will I get the achievement for wrestling a year still. I still get ppv matches that are non-title so I figured this should work but wanted to know if anyone else did it this way? Thanks

Yeah, that will work.

ClompsyKid
11-25-2008, 08:14 PM
You don't even have to win.
That's fabulous!

Thorpe
01-03-2009, 11:18 PM
You can use the ring bell for DQ, so you don't have to wait for the animation of the superstar pulling the weapon from under the ring. The ring bell is near the announce tables.

Thorpe
01-04-2009, 09:58 PM
You can do this with any superstar and you can just play standard matches throughout (you don't need to do Royal Rumble / Money in the Bank). Of course, if you do those, I expect you still get the achievement, since you are still doing a match (just a different event in same week).

Qonok
01-07-2009, 10:38 PM
You can also just smack the referee with the weapon if he is within range for a DQ.

kavemann1970
01-15-2009, 03:53 AM
2 questions, how do i get to the HoF and do you have to play the womens title?

PureTechniquex
01-15-2009, 04:25 PM
2 questions, how do i get to the HoF and do you have to play the womens title?

Basically for the HoF You have to use a Superstar in Career e.g. Batitsta then you must win 6 titles whichever belts you choose then once you have won 6 titles, you have to defend 1 of your titles 3 times & then after the match a pop-up should appear saying something like "You are a legend & have joined the Hall of Fame" then save your progress & quit out, so simply/yet time consuming.. repeat 4 more times to get the Cheevo.

For the Womens championship, YES u have to win it also if you want the Win all titles Cheevo.

Gearz of death7
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
i hav played career mode 3 times with randy orton unbeaten i played every match also i beat it wih jeff hardry 2 times unbeaten jst like with randy orton i played every match i still don`t hav a year in a life i hope this DQ thing works

Axe Argonian
01-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks Kazz! This helped a lot! :woop:

Amakusa42
01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
out of curiosity, can you just copy your CAW into multiple save slots? that way, you could create the saves at a good point in thier career and play through each just up until the day your inducted?

Cuz Diogo
01-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I just want to say thanks. I beat the Year in Life achievement with your tutorial. It took me about an hour to complete. I've played Rumble and won (not necessary, like u said) and played MITB and won too (and like Rumble, not necessary to make an year).

Almost reaching the 1000g at this. 3 more HoFamers to go and finley zombie.

killer3719
01-27-2009, 01:02 AM
I did that and a year went passed and I did not get the achievement.:confused:
please write back

killer3719
01-27-2009, 01:19 AM
thanks for the achievement help!

SinisterTaaffe
03-12-2009, 08:37 AM
its easy as hell i did it the dq way an got it in 26mins happy days lol

Opt1ckOne
04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Cheers for this,worked great.:woop:

Oh and you DONT need to play the RR or the MITB.

t4nd4r
08-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the amazing guide!

Worked perfectly, took me about 40 minutes (Installed to hard-drive).