PDA

View Full Version : UK Demo?

MG6490
11-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Is there going to be a UK demo or is it only to those who preorder it in the USA?

Kinky Mong
11-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Pretty sure it will be out in the UK today. People who pre-ordered have been able to play the advanced demo since Thursday in the UK as well.

MG6490
11-11-2008, 04:21 PM
ok cheers, i've been checking during the day nothin at about 2 o clock, im about to check again, fingers crossed.

Pirate Luke
11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Its on the marketplace now! go download us Brits!!

Danteveli
11-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Its 1.21 and no region blocade

Kinky Mong
11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Counting down the minutes until I can leave work...

garbfink
11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
what is this about a code? do I need a code to dl the demo?!?

jacob456
11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
what is this about a code? do I need a code to dl the demo?!?
That's just for people who pre-ordered and got to play the demo on the 6th, but it's on the marketplace now. No code needed.

InfernoFrY
11-12-2008, 12:08 PM
demo is out on the marketplace, played it this morning and is awesome!! Anyone else notice that 1 of em looks like the Sweed from Mercs 2?

Kinky Mong
11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
I spent three hours playing the demo last night. I LOVE it.

It's completely met my high expectations for it. I didn't think the AI director would be able to do what Valve were promising but it really does, none of the 6 or 7 games I played last night where the same.

Playing on Normal is pretty easy and I would recommend that everyone should start the game on Advanced to really see how the game can throw stuff at you. However it really is all about Expert difficulty. The game becomes completely sadistic in putting pressure on the team at just the right times, but importantly I never felt that it got to the point where it was too hard to be fun. I was laughing every time the game lulled us into a false sense of security after dispatching a big wave of Infected only for me to turn around a corner and get a face full of Boomer vomit.

Definitely a very strong contender for my Game Of The Year. :woop:

ShiryuX
11-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I spent three hours playing the demo last night. I LOVE it.

It's completely met my high expectations for it. I didn't think the AI director would be able to do what Valve were promising but it really does, none of the 6 or 7 games I played last night where the same.

Playing on Normal is pretty easy and I would recommend that everyone should start the game on Advanced to really see how the game can throw stuff at you. However it really is all about Expert difficulty. The game becomes completely sadistic in putting pressure on the team at just the right times, but importantly I never felt that it got to the point where it was too hard to be fun. I was laughing every time the game lulled us into a false sense of security after dispatching a big wave of Infected only for me to turn around a corner and get a face full of Boomer vomit.

Definitely a very strong contender for my Game Of The Year. :woop:

"Hey guys, I think it's safe now we can continue"
-Everyone is low on health/ around 30-50hp left-
"Yea we killed everything"
*Team goes a bit forward*
"OH CRAP BEHIND WATCH OUT"
*guy opens door*
OH SHI-
*Team dies*

Good times, just sad that we had to redo a part 3-4 times XD

Thing is on expert it requires to stay thogether, we got slaughtered when splitting up.

Kriis21
11-12-2008, 09:29 PM
yeh its out

TopBadge
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I have never had so much fun on a demo :omg
:uzi: :blurp:blurp:blurp:blurp:blurp:blurp