PDA

View Full Version : MITB match - any ideas?

MattyBoosh
11-11-2008, 06:21 PM
During career mode, I have opted for a MITB match at Wrestlemania, which I intend to lose to help towards the year in the life acghievement.

I've now had the match running for almost 2hrs and it's still going on. The AI for this game is really really poor, as they are placing the ladders OUTSIDE the ring and attempting to reach for the case.

I've even tried winning it, but whenever I try to set up a ladder, someone walks past it and nudges it slightly away from where I need to be.

Anyone got any pointers on how to win? (or lose?)

fatality292
11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
make sure u centre the ladder perfectly...grab with both hands, they will kick the ladder down and u will hang for a few seconds till they grab u...repeat untill its on the ground in ure hands. also make use of ladder to destroy your oppenents

MattyBoosh
11-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Oh, I can grab onto it ok - its just within less than 2 seconds, the ladder is either being pushed out of the way or knocked over. The other thing that annoys me is the difference in speed that the CPU gets up compared to your guy.

Just hit the 2hr mark...

Surely a game should be harder to win than bloody lose!

MattyBoosh
11-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Finally HHH won it....

What I did was to run off with the ladders and placed them up in the corner of the stage - which then made 1 or 2 CPU guys come up looking for them. By keeping them busy, gave more chance of someone grabbing the case.

fatality292
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
alot of ppl dont like this match type i enjoy mutilating the other people enough to stroll up the ladder and win

Midnight Malice
11-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Just spend about 20 minutes hitting guys with ladders, they will be full red and take forever to get up. Use 2 hands on the case.... yeah it is easier to win. Did you have it on legend difficulty? It seems the AI is a bit smarter when you make it harder.... haven't tested that on MITB but in a 6 man EC it was.

MattyBoosh
11-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah, it was on Legend difficulty - its far too easy on the other levels hehe. Perhaps I just had retarded opponents...hang on they're wrestlers... :p

Midnight Malice
11-11-2008, 07:08 PM
The AI is.... suspect. Sometimes they actually do awesome things, but not often. I've seen them do the same things that have plagued past games... going in and out of the ring, setting up ladders and taking them down again, jumping up and down the turnbuckle... so whatev. It is still a fun game most of the time.

fatality292
11-11-2008, 08:04 PM
setting up and down ladders is because their trying to get perfect placement and obv if two ppl r they force each other out, probably could be solved but would cause a equally if not more stupid problem. its just to do with AI's goals dont often change when you do stuff, like i seen a guy keep picking up a chair even though i spear him every time he does just kuz its obv what hes trying to achieve and im stopping him lol

Midnight Malice
11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
i'm talking about ladders that are already in perfect placement.... I had 2 hands on the title, jumped off just to test it... the AI picked up the ladder and moved it... I went outside the ring he just stood in the middle picking it up and replacing it 6 or 7 times. Only happened once though, so it wasn't a big deal.