PDA

View Full Version : hihi everyone...

Khalus Akuhei
11-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Thought I'd stop by and say hi to this community I recently found.

First off a little about me. I'm not new to the gaming world, in fact I've been regularly playing them for well over 25 years. I was originally a huge console gamer, but after the PS1 and N64 days I lost interest in them for a time. MMOs had my attention for a few years before and only got better and since I've put about 10 years into them.

I've now gotten a bit bored with MMOs since they keep getting easier and easier and the mentality of a majority of the players is pretty raw. A few weeks ago I decided to stop playing MMOs and purchased an XBox 360 Elite and several RPGs. This is the first console I've owned in well over 7 years, so I have too much to catch up on.

After sitting on my bum upright in a PC chair many times 12-18+ hrs a day playing MMOs, I decided to give my back a rest and camp out on my couch for a time. The 360 is amazing thus far and I'm looking forward to playing several older titles as well as many newer and future releases over time.

I'm greatly looking forward to the new XBL on Oct 19th which also happens to be my birthday too! I'm enjoying the streaming abilities of TV shows I DL with my PC and playing them through the 360, and the netflix upgrade sounds really good to take advantage of. Also the achievements system of the 360 is an amazing idea to me and from my early days of console gaming, they bring much extra life to many games you'd normally defeat and then sell off quickly!

Anyway, hope to hear from the community here and maybe work on earning some friendships sometime.

Pheonix_Assassin
11-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Welcome i hope you enjoy your stay here and make some good mates GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ACHEIVEMENT HUNT

Anta Flu
11-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the forums m8 :D, good luck with gettin your achievements, I'll be easy with the trading threads and guides here :D

Taker447
11-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the site, glad to hear your enjoying all the benifits from the 360. Also where abouts in the the world are you from?

Khalus Akuhei
11-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Also where abouts in the the world are you from?

Smack dab in the center of the US...in Misery! hehe

PunksNotDead2k8
11-11-2008, 08:03 PM
welcome to the site khalus..

Khalus Akuhei
11-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks all for the welcomes...

Greatly looking forward to all the games on the 360 I've missed and are coming out. The best part is a majority of the games I wanna play now have dropped considerably in price. Everything I'm interested in playing is sitting at $20 - $40 right now, and some I can get even cheaper on eBay!

PunksNotDead2k8
11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
lol.. yeah.. majority of games really drop of the price.. good for you..

see ya late khalus..

LilMissRoxy
11-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Welcome Khalus Akuhei! I too was pretty heavily into MMO's but haven't turned back since. Evercrack for 4 years, FFXI for 2, WoW for another 2.
I'm also guessing you meant Nov 19 is your birthday? Happy early birthday. ;)

Khalus Akuhei
11-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Welcome Khalus Akuhei! I too was pretty heavily into MMO's but haven't turned back since. Evercrack for 4 years, FFXI for 2, WoW for another 2.
I'm also guessing you meant Nov 19 is your birthday? Happy early birthday. ;)

Yup, Nov. 19th is my 31st B-Day! Thanks... Kinda sucks getting older as friendships in gaming are becoming harder to hold onto. Well at least the time and dedication I put into them, as most ppl I've known my age have families and other stuff to deal with; where I don't.

Still trying to get used to the somewhat lonliness of 1P RPGs and other games, no friends on XBL yet that I know, and I don't have the money for a gold sub yet since I just dropped over $500 on an elite and several games. Kinda waiting to see what M$ does after $ony launches Home for free, maybe they'll drop the price on gold subs...who knows!

MMOs, played just about every one out there, and WAR pretty much sealed it for me to quit them for awhile. I put too much time into preping for that game and then being let down...just way too easy and boring. Anyway, my favs that I spent the most time in were FFXI for over 4 yrs, EQ for 4 yrs, I actually put 2 yrs into WoW off/on!

Personally I think many of the newer MMOs are taking away all the fun for simplicity and just so short, and then ends with a grind. Surely you remember the early days of EQ, and playing a mage or healer. Everytime you log in you had to open your spellbook and sit there for up to an hr memorizing spells and couldn't do anything else since it covered the whole screen and closing it would cancel a mem. Then if you died you'd lose the mems and have to do it all over again before getting back into the action, not including the danger of trying to get back to your corpse where all your possessions lay, if you could remember where you died at...LOL So much fun, I miss those days...

Also the quest system was just so awesome having to type in quotes back to the NPC to get more info. You really had to pay attention and take your time to figure things out. Well those days are over, traded for why do they even write out quest text if all the info is marked on the map and you can do 100 quests in the time it took too figure out 1 in EQ...hehe

Well, that was a huge reply...hehe Maybe see ya on XBL and here more in the future!

Oh a question? Is it possible now or after the NXE to talk voice with others while playing different games or doing different stuff. Still havn't tried voice on the 360, or even set up the mic!

kikkoman
11-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the site, I also Played a lot of MMO's like Counter-Strike and Half life 2. Good luck on getting that gold subscription and I will see u in the future sometime. Cya Later :). Also if u need help i will try to answer some questions.

MattSpilly
11-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the site, I also Played a lot of MMO's like Counter-Strike and Half life 2. Good luck on getting that gold subscription and I will see u in the future sometime. Cya Later :). Also if u need help i will try to answer some questions.

CS and HL2 are not MMO's o.0.

I'm bad with my MMO's I played Runescape(when it was the original, we're talking 7 years ago ^_^) and I've played WoW, but with the new expansion I purely couldn't be arsed and spent more time of my 360.

RPG fan? Get Lost Odyessy, it's pure brilliance. You won't be dissapointed.

Welcome to the site =].

Khalus Akuhei
11-12-2008, 04:37 PM
RPG fan? Get Lost Odyessy, it's pure brilliance. You won't be dissapointed.

Welcome to the site =].

Yeah I already have it, just havn't opened it yet. I think buying like 3+ RPGs right when I got the 360 was a bad idea. Trying to decide which to play and when has been tough.

I started Tales of Vesperia and played like 20hrs or so then decided to change my gamertag, and didn't wanna pay the fee, so I lost that save. Then I started Eternal Sonata which was a stinker to me after having played Tales.

During the downtime of contimplating restarting Tales I decided to go ahead and play Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda which I got free with the 360...if ya notice I did get all the achievements on those 2...hehe

Now I'm back in Tales again and almost back to where I lost my save at, and I recently purchased Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga. I'm also planning on getting Last Remnant here soon as well, but not until the 1st week of Dec. Gonna try and complete Tales 1st play-through by then or get close to it.

{Pre-Ordered Last Remnant at Amazon for $39.99, and chose the Free shipping which takes almost 2 weeks is why the delay}

Also kinda waiting for the NXE before Lost Odyssey because of the mass loading I've read about...maybe DLing to the HD will help with those and of course be nicer on my DD.

LilMissRoxy
11-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Yup, Nov. 19th is my 31st B-Day! Thanks... Kinda sucks getting older as friendships in gaming are becoming harder to hold onto. Well at least the time and dedication I put into them, as most ppl I've known my age have families and other stuff to deal with; where I don't.

Still trying to get used to the somewhat lonliness of 1P RPGs and other games, no friends on XBL yet that I know, and I don't have the money for a gold sub yet since I just dropped over $500 on an elite and several games. Kinda waiting to see what M$ does after launches Home for free, maybe they'll drop the price on gold subs...who knows!

MMOs, played just about every one out there, and WAR pretty much sealed it for me to quit them for awhile. I put too much time into preping for that game and then being let down...just way too easy and boring. Anyway, my favs that I spent the most time in were FFXI for over 4 yrs, EQ for 4 yrs, I actually put 2 yrs into WoW off/on!

Personally I think many of the newer MMOs are taking away all the fun for simplicity and just so short, and then ends with a grind. Surely you remember the early days of EQ, and playing a mage or healer. Everytime you log in you had to open your spellbook and sit there for up to an hr memorizing spells and couldn't do anything else since it covered the whole screen and closing it would cancel a mem. Then if you died you'd lose the mems and have to do it all over again before getting back into the action, not including the danger of trying to get back to your corpse where all your possessions lay, if you could remember where you died at...LOL So much fun, I miss those days...

Also the quest system was just so awesome having to type in quotes back to the NPC to get more info. You really had to pay attention and take your time to figure things out. Well those days are over, traded for why do they even write out quest text if all the info is marked on the map and you can do 100 quests in the time it took too figure out 1 in EQ...hehe

Well, that was a huge reply...hehe Maybe see ya on XBL and here more in the future!

Oh a question? Is it possible now or after the NXE to talk voice with others while playing different games or doing different stuff. Still havn't tried voice on the 360, or even set up the mic!

Well happy early birthday! Don't worry you just need to find the right crowd. I didn't have any friends until I started using this forum.. met a lot of great people here(in my age group too).

It's nice to meet a MMO junkie like myself. You don't find too many people these days you can talk about EverQuest about. That was my first MMO love. Instantly addicted. I didn't have to worry about death too much as I played a bard. Especially later on with AA's and such.. I almost never died. Even if I did, as a lowbie I had my corpse finding song. I miss the good old days of lower guk. I'm assuming you did a lot of raiding as well? What time period did you quit?

Ah yes quests were insane in EQ. I also loved tradeskilling so much more in EQ. I miss cooking more than anything. ;) Made a quick buck doing it because it was such a pain in the arse to raise the skill so hardly anyone did it. WoW tradeskilling was way too easy and trivial.

I'm always on the forums it seems. A little less these days so I'm sure you will see me around. ;)

Khalus Akuhei
11-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah my mains were Enchanter and Cleric, primo death magnets! Sometimes I felt like they should've just made the Enchanter the MT...lol So busy then, could barely log in and say hi without getting a billion tells to come to a group! Ah yeah I think I quit not long after Planes of Power...once they added all the quick travel portals to anywhere the sense of a large dangerous world was null and void! Death meant nothing getting back most times, and all the harder areas and nub zones were skipped over to lvl in for the maximum/fastest XP possible! boring...heh

Unfortunately during those early days I wasn't as much into crafting as I am now. I did it a little, but wasn't a priority as I was always in a group and had little solo time. Was always getting good drops and new gear frequently so it didn't matter as much then.

I think playing so many of these newer MMOs have tainted me and don't recall as much about the raiding or alot of the dungeons, but I do recall Lower Guk a little. I was just always in a group, and just followed everyone around and kept them alive for the most part.

I would so love to give Vanguard a longer try. I was there at launch and everyone knows it sucked so bad, but I did give it a go a few months ago when $ony gave out 2 free months to all their games to vets, and its so much better. Very playable and didn't lag, anyway I don't wanna go back to an MMO just yet unless I can find a new friend, preferably a veteran MMO player that wants to have fun and enjoy exploring/crafting and doing things together.

These days it seems to be mostly solo for the most part which is kinda hard to avoid even in Vanguard cept for dungeons and raid stuff, but it would be fun to play with someone that knows the old days style of play...

I know I'll return to MMOs eventually again, and Vanguard is among the top of the list to return to if I do! EQ2 has crossed my mind as well and oddly enough WoW, but dunno.