PDA

View Full Version : Breakway/Penaly Achievment Help

GReeN 8K
11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I have Read and tried all i found here about this Achievments but i still can't get them! :-(

I am not realy familiar with Oce Hockey so can someone please explain what a breakway is and how i do it correct?

Second Problem is the Penaly thing.
I tried with 2nd Controller and aFriend but i don't get a Penalty... :(

Acydyk
12-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I just got this achievement yesterday. The first thing you need to realize is that in order to get a penalty shot, you need to be fouled on a breakaway. This means NO members on the opposing team between you and the goalie. This one fact took me about an hour to figure out!

Now after I figured that out, here is how I did it with one person, two controllers in about 5 minutes:
1) Turn down all the CPU sliders to 0 (in options)
2) Turn up all the human sliders to 100 (in options) -- This is important as it gives you crazy speed, and a ton of turbo!
3) Turn up all the penalty sliders to 100 (also in options)
4) Take the puck into your zone, then turbo about 3/4 to the enemy goal (from the center line) and slow down. You should be in a breakaway every single time due to your fast speed and the CPU's slow speed. Just wait there, and hope they foul you. It took me a couple of tries -- sometimes they stole the puck, sometimes they just knocked me down without a foul, but you will get it eventually.
5) During the penalty shot, click the right analog stick with the 2nd player to change the control to the goalie, and using your elbow (or some other body part), hold the left analog stick on the 2nd player controller either to the left or to the right. Move your player to the opposite direction to about 3/4 of the way to the goal, hold X and slap it in!

TXClark
12-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm gonna try again as well, spent a day last month and no-luck. Thanks for the tips!

chaos muffin
01-21-2009, 03:17 PM
This game was giving me a hard time at first, but once I started playing it for fun instead, it all just happened.
After 1000, disc was immediately removed. Right after I did that thing everyone does, where you hit the guide button and check out your new gs, and that big 1000 sitting in your profile

shilbo-assassin
02-03-2009, 08:56 PM
in real life does this happen???
i dont remember a 'penalty shot' on nhl 93 on the megadrive for a foul on a breakaway