PDA

View Full Version : What's your zombie plan?

griphphin
11-13-2008, 04:29 PM
So in light of this game coming out next week, I sparked a curiosity of how many of you have zombie plans, and what they are? If you watch Red vs. Blue, there is a hilarious episode where they talk about their own zombie plans, and what they would do if zombies actually attacked. What if, after a night of playing Left 4 Dead till 4 in the morning (you know thats going to be all of us when it comes out), you wake up and cars are on fire and people are screaming and zombies are running amok?

My zombie plan:

get to a Meijer or dicks sporting goods asap. Meijer would be my perferred choice, considering there is food there, and some even sell guns and ammo. once inside, put all the crap that you don't need, i.e. kitty litter, dog food, garbage, against the doors so that there is a barrier there. whenever its needed, you can go up on the roof and kill some zombie punks with those guns.

my friend seems to think dicks sporting goods is a better place. he says he would go up to the second level, throw the cloths up there down the escalator and stairs so they cant get up, and then use the guns to kill them... but theres no food.

what would you guys do if zombies attacked today?

SuperNova X2X
11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Board up the house and wait. Also I have a window in my attick, so if any zombies got in, I could get onto the roof pretty easily.

Plenty of food and knives too, so I'll be good for long enough. If the worst happened, there's no where to really go for weapons, so I'd just get in a car and flee up north.

Genesis x360a
11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I would gather up some troops and hide in my local shoppin center although in the UK we dont sell Guns so... Paintball guns/BB guns and Crossbows will have to do and if they managed to break in i would pose as a manakin ;) they would never find me.. or would they hmmmm well it works for scobby doo lol :p

griphphin
11-13-2008, 04:37 PM
haha yeah i like that one.

i have yet to see an episode where scooby doo was found while acting like a mannequin without the bad guy having to do a double take, and by then he's found a way to push, hit, or just plain scare the sh*t outta the bad guy and run away.

True I Skill
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Id, Grab any food, and get up into the Loft (Not sure what they called in america, but in england they are basikly atticks) and only way up into our loft is a ladder if its pulled down once pulled back up no1 can get up unless they are smart enough to pull the string :D so i guess id be safe up there.

the army would probably go arround the streets shooting any1 they see even non zombies, so no point trying to get anywhere,

Or i would try get to a big supermarket, like tesco's make sure no zombies are inside, then lock every door block up any window, then wait on roof for a helecopter or somthing.

But thats the crappy way :( running out and whacking them with chiars would be alot funner :D

Co1d
11-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Personally, I would find a truck or some sort. Something big enough to run down zombies that get in front of me.

I would make my way to a Meijer or Dicks to obtain some food, guns, ammo, empty gas cans, etc. Also stop by a gas station and fill up the gas cans.

However, instead of locking myself into a building, I would probably keep on the move.

But, all and all, I would probably hunker down somewhere like a mall or something, as long as I had a way out if things got hairy, and live all my nerdy Zombie killing fantasies.

:uzi: Die you Zombies!

:omg

Skillet
11-13-2008, 06:44 PM
First stop: Police station. If it's full of cops... good. If it's not... I might be able to find some sort of weapons locker or at least an evidence room.

Second stop: Grocery store... canned goods and the like.

Third stop: Somewhere that preferably has at least 5 or 6 floors. Board it up... barricades, what have you. Then wait it out.

Of course, this is all only good for a "traditional" zombie outbreak. I don't know what I'd do if there were Boomers, Hunters, Tanks and Witches.... lol.

I'd also look out for survivors, of course. There would have to be people. I don't quite believe some zombie movies where four or five people are LITERALLY the only ones left.

Cloudrunner56
11-13-2008, 09:27 PM
1: Grab as much tinned/packaged food as possible
2: Grab anything that resembles weaponary from neighbours
3: Get a large van/truck to keep goods and people in
4: Gather up survivors
5 Drive around the country collecting a reasonable amount survivors till i run out of fuel/reach a defensible postion
6:Wait it out :boom
(tbh I would probably run out of food by stage 3 but meh ;])

either that or join them ^^

Pyroman31
11-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Find someone who has a safe. Lock myself in the safe with a blowtorch so I can get back out.

hehe.

Potato Bus
11-13-2008, 11:04 PM
1. Make a VERY fast run to Dick's sporting goods (like 1/4 mile from my apt) to get weaponry and camping supplies

2. Grab all the food in the apt and take it upstairs

3. Destroy the staircase and take defensive positions at the windows and staircase

4. Break through into neighbor's apt and take them out with extreme prejudice :uzi:(the gingers annoy me :p)

5. When food runs low, roomies and I get strapped and head out to get supplies (not sure where, Meijer is right next to Dick's, but it will be swarming with infected or hostile survivors trying to guard their supplies and therefore their livelihood. Always remember that anyone you encounter is trying to save their own necks and may not be receptive to your presence)

6. Travel, probably on motorcycles (roadways clogged with cars = need for manuverability), to the middle of nowhere (Canada lol :p) to set up a survival shelter far from civilization

7. Grow crops & defend the compound

8. Survive

9. Repopulate :woop:

Danteveli
11-13-2008, 11:07 PM
My home is almost a stronghold so it wont be that easy for zombies to get it.
I got food for about a week and bottled water for month (dont now if tap water is safe).
I would try to :uzi:some and have safe exit path in case of emergency.
My first step would be to exterminate all zombies in my closes area if they were coming my best plan would be to escape.
Also i would rather stay solo or really small group that i can trust than band of people.

White Lama
11-14-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm not sharing mine with you, since when you all are zombies you would know.

But it contains driving cars to northern Scotland and taking a boat to an abandoned island.

And if you're gonna barricade, don't do it on the bottom floor, because Left 4 Dead taught me that they can destroy walls.

IRONMAN
11-14-2008, 12:35 AM
For those who are posting in this thread and are not members already, I urge you all to click the link in my signature to join up with fellow survivors! We must stick together in order to live to tell about this once it's all over and dealt with. World War Z is bound to happen.

Join the Zombie Fanatics!

I have a solid plan, but much to long to type with my time restraint :).

Deadly Moves
11-14-2008, 12:49 AM
I love this topic..
In some weird sick way ive always wanted to go on a mass Zombie killing spree.. But i'd need some guns(LOL) and we dont have easy access to them in the UK.
So i'd probaly have to do this...

Find a baseball bat. Or something similar
Gather all close family members together.

Drive to the shop around the corner to fill our cars with loads of water and food etc

Then go to my local police station to see if there was any better weapons.
Drive to Meadowhall(Nearest Mall) as it not very far away from where i live.

Lock all the doors is possible and stick it out.. Kinda like in Dawn of the Dead.

If i couldnt get to the mall, i would go to the flats just behind my house. There like a 20 story fortress. And stick it out there.

If it got to the point were i thought i would get eaten or turned.. i would have to consider suicide.

Kiutu
11-14-2008, 04:18 AM
If it is the classic slow zombie, I would get sharp items as weapons. A real Katana would be the best weapon to have against slow zombies, not that I know of any place nearby to get one. If it is the Left 4 Dead Infected, I would...die. I honestly do not see me ever survivng that.

shinobigarth
11-14-2008, 04:52 AM
i would do like Simmons or whoever it was and go up into the arctic because zombies have no body heat!!

zombies risen
11-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Ha. Ha. Ha.

You guys are funny! The zombies have risen! :D

Ortep
11-14-2008, 09:20 AM
The destination is now the Big Brother house since thats like one of the most secure self-sustaining buildings on the planet.

garbfink
11-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Man I would never head to a mall or any public place there would be too many other people with the same idea and the chances are that there would be someone there first who is likely not to let their guard down and then you will be buggered quite frankly.

my plan would be.

1. grab my fishing rod.
2. grab girlfriend and dog
3. drive the backroads to my girlfriends mums house, (it is a very quiet road only going through a couple of villages so I would be unlikely to run into any zombies along the way.
4. grab girlfriends mum, Landrover and shotguns, and food supplies. and then head up north to scotland. if the roads where jammed I could always drive off road in the landrover.
5. get to remote part of scotland, and find a little house all by itself in the middle of nowhere (I know just the one ;) )
6. fish, shoot and wait it out from there.

Cloudrunner56
11-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh just thought of a better idea

Go to the closest available mountain area and hide there, why go to the arctic when you can just climb a mountain and come down every now and then to scout for food/survivors.

and I think the key point through all of this is you will need a dog, no zombie attack is complete without a dog (or some other lovable pet companion) :D

Illution
11-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Wow... You guys are all going to die..

O_O

Here's what's going down. Be prepared to be in AWE at my awesomenessocity.

Step 1) Find out where the location is spreading. If it's close, that's bad, not a lot of time and i have to hurry and grab limited supplies 'til i get further north. If it's far away that's good. I have more time to do all my things that I've prepared for. Get friends, food, plenty of guns, gas, etc.

hmm

Let's just assume it's close?

kk
Step 1) Run like hell, freak out
Step 2) Go down to my friend Blake's house, grab a rifle from him for some money and probably end up traveling with him or parting ways.
Step 3) run back to my house, dodging zombies along the way (assuming they're shuffling zom-zoms)
Step 4) gather my family onto the roof, board up the fences and make sure the front doors and windows are well barricaded. This way, if I have to get back into the house i should be safe to do so.
Step 5) Sit on top of the roof for a couple days until supplies run low, then I'll make way to neighbors houses through backyards.
Step 6) Keep gathering supplies, and when it looks fairly clear (4 days to a week) I'll start heading out of town.
Step 7) keep going north til i hit zomzom freeze
Step 8) wait it out with other survivors i've either collected or meet

WOOT!

good ol boy366
11-15-2008, 07:28 AM
nice...this is one of my favorite things to think about...i secretly wish there would be a terrible virus outbreak that would turn everyone into zombies so i could unleash my pent up rage on them.

i like what you guys are suggesting, but i decided a long time ago that instead of letting the zombies ruin my life and force me to shack up in my house like a prisoner until it's safe to come out, i'm gonna be part of the clean-up crew!

1. take my van and go around town to every store that sells guns and ammunition (gun stores, dicks, walmart, kmart, etc) and load up the van to the brim (stow n' go baby!).
2. clear out my neighborhood of any zombies (it's a small neighborhood...shouldn't be too hard)
3. start going around town to all surrounding grocery/supply stores and:
a. clear them of zombies
b. move dairy products/perishables into the giant industrial freezers in the back of the store (i won't last long without milk, cheese, and butter)
c. collect as much fruit and vegetables as possible (since they will eventually rot and i'm not the best with gardens, i'll try to get my fill of them before it's too late)
4. go out and find some generators so i'll be guaranteed power (so i can get on here and talk strategy/survival tips with fellow survivors :) )
5. begin building a giant fence around my property (and perhaps a moat...maybe not, there's a lot of clay in virginia and i get blisters easy...)
6. once food and supplies are in hand, i start making daily patrols of my area...after clearing each general section of the majority of zombies, i mark them off a map of the area to keep track of it all)
7. go out and get some games that i've been putting off on playing.
8. ?????
9. PROFIT!

Illution
11-15-2008, 05:15 PM
While it's a good plan in theory, I see one flaw.

The grocery store. Unless you have a very small town or your trying to go a little after the infection starts, I wouldn't suggest that.

Why?
Well, grocery stores are something that lots of people are going to flood to (like police stations and hospitals), what's this mean? LOTS of zombies! And hey, you ever wonder why grocery stores have those big display windows? To show all the food inside right? Exactly what zombies will use those for :)

And you're bound to run into lots of traffic.

And yes I'm doing this because I'm a dick.
but I'm also doing it because I'm not that serious so don't worry ;)
plus this isn't resident evil, think of it more like dead rising. When you kill off zombies then move on and return, there are more back there.
crazy huh?! :p

griphphin
11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
the way i see it, there won't be like 5 survivors in the whole wide world. i have a little more faith in humanity...

so maybe like 10.

anyways, the best time to move would probably be in the beginning, when there are less zombies, even though itll be pandamonium and crazy zombie attacks everywhere, or towards the end around the 4-5 month mark when the zombies start to... i was gonna say die but iounno what other word to use.

staying in your house is a bad idea. youre gonna die.
running through other peoples houses is a bad idea. youre gonna die.
gathering other survivors is a bad idea. youre gonna die.

you should just kill all the zombies with machine guns.

not gonna lie, if zombies were chasing me and got me cornered like in the intro for left 4 dead, and there were hundreds around vs me and 3 other people, i would just killed myself.

then the other people would have ran and ended up on the roof like in the intro, and would have made fun of my cowardness.

i suck.

Ortep
11-15-2008, 09:03 PM
So many people with plans that depend on other people...

That is how you will die... :(

Illution
11-15-2008, 10:36 PM
the way i see it, there won't be like 5 survivors in the whole wide world. i have a little more faith in humanity...

so maybe like 10.

anyways, the best time to move would probably be in the beginning, when there are less zombies, even though itll be pandamonium and crazy zombie attacks everywhere, or towards the end around the 4-5 month mark when the zombies start to... i was gonna say die but iounno what other word to use.
Um... no? Pandemonium would be everywhere. People dying would be everywhere. Stray bullets would be EVERYWHERE! You don't want to move right as an infection becomes public, it's bad.

staying in your house is a bad idea. youre gonna die.
running through other peoples houses is a bad idea. youre gonna die.
gathering other survivors is a bad idea. youre gonna die.
There's this little thing I like to call.... Being careful :) Staying in your house you'll probably die, that's why you should get on a roof or somewhere inaccessible to zombies. Going through other houses is a GOOD idea. Why go to grocery stores when you have a little house with maybe 1 zombie, compared to a grocery store with 12x as many. Gathering other survivors isn't bad, as long as you check them for infection and make sure they know what they're doing.

:))

you should just kill all the zombies with machine guns.

LOL Good luck with that

good ol boy366
11-16-2008, 12:09 AM
While it's a good plan in theory, I see one flaw.

The grocery store. Unless you have a very small town or your trying to go a little after the infection starts, I wouldn't suggest that.

Why?
Well, grocery stores are something that lots of people are going to flood to (like police stations and hospitals), what's this mean? LOTS of zombies! And hey, you ever wonder why grocery stores have those big display windows? To show all the food inside right? Exactly what zombies will use those for :)

And you're bound to run into lots of traffic.

And yes I'm doing this because I'm a dick.
but I'm also doing it because I'm not that serious so don't worry ;)
plus this isn't resident evil, think of it more like dead rising. When you kill off zombies then move on and return, there are more back there.
crazy huh?! :p

lol...it's cool man...i don't think any of us are being too serious here.

the way i'm thinking of it, it's more like i am legend for me...not so much in that they are hurt by sunlight or superfast, but in that i am the only survivor in my town. i figure it'd be easy to pick off the majority of the slow moving population with my vast arsenal. :uzi:

SNYPER E
11-16-2008, 01:02 AM
I'd send a message to all friends on xbox saying - watch this kill streak. Then leave the house with an xbox controller and hit zombies round the head with it.

Illution
11-16-2008, 03:55 AM
lol...it's cool man...i don't think any of us are being too serious here.

the way i'm thinking of it, it's more like i am legend for me...not so much in that they are hurt by sunlight or superfast, but in that i am the only survivor in my town. i figure it'd be easy to pick off the majority of the slow moving population with my vast arsenal. :uzi: xD I know but i like thinking about this stuff its fun :D lol

good ol boy366
11-16-2008, 05:40 AM
xD I know but i like thinking about this stuff its fun :D lol

true, true! i once told my grandma my dreams of a zombie apocalypse and...well, she doesn't let me come over anymore...lol

Ortep
11-16-2008, 05:41 AM
I'd send a message to all friends on xbox saying - watch this kill streak. Then leave the house with an xbox controller and hit zombies round the head with it.

What if you lagged out?

kikkoman
11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
I would go and learn 50 types of martial arts and become a ninja kung fu master and fight all the zombies with my kung fu skills then grabs a mini gun and mow them down :).