PDA

View Full Version : Achievements Discussion

g4m3r7ag
02-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Topic for achievements discussion

http://xbox360achievements.org/content/view/32/63/

g4m3r7ag
02-09-2006, 01:31 AM
If you're simply going for achievements in this game then make sure that you head into settings and set the time to Real Time and the difficulty to All Star. Then have a friend over and go down the list.

If you really want to unbalance the teams then use an All Star team (east or west coast) against Denmark. For that matter, use ANYONE against Denmark.

Yes, playing games aganst player 2 DOES unlock achievements. It's much easier to get two men down when the guy with the puck stands around and lets you foul him.

Make sure that you set the time to Real Time. This will give a REAL minute to score that first goal and not 30 seconds or what ever it is in the speeded up version.

The foul shot is one of the hardest to get. You need to get hooked on a breakaway. Make sure that when you finally do get your shot you have your buddy take control of the goalie and run him up to the beer man in the stands.

ocfp
02-17-2006, 07:37 AM
I havent been able to get the penalty shot yet and going into penalty shoot out doesnt work. A good way to get a penalty is running into the goalie. I charged 2 men into him. had a breakaway down 2 men against the computer and scored thank God.

Criminal Act
04-25-2006, 01:31 AM
I havent been able to get the penalty shot yet and going into penalty shoot out doesnt work. A good way to get a penalty is running into the goalie. I charged 2 men into him. had a breakaway down 2 men against the computer and scored thank God.

Nice tip. :)

PleasePost
05-03-2006, 12:50 AM
i cant get how to get myself hooked by the computer or when i get my second controller to hook me while on a breakaway??

Delta Frack
05-03-2006, 02:17 PM
What you can do it be in the act of shooting and hold your slapshot down. Then have your penalty shot all the way along with all of the other penatlys. Keep holding your shot.:woop: now have your guess come up and get a penalty. you should get the shot.

ExtremePabs
07-16-2006, 06:01 PM
got 2 achievements need a second person to get the rest if anyone else needs help add me to your friends and i will give u a game

AJJets107
07-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Everything is easy except the Penalty Shot/

xXx Rubber Duck
01-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Ya I would agree with you on that one

Dakkon
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
anyone help me? Dakkon06 gamertag

xx LUDWIG xx
10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
yea i cant get the penalty shot either can someone help?

Tr0gd0r69
12-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Heres how I did it, and I can now do a penalty shot anytime (I had to do it like 10 times before I even scored, lol).

1. Choose the world team as your team and Denmark as the opposite team.
2. Turn the Player AI all the way up and the CPU AI all the way down.
3. Turn all the penalties to the max.
4. Let Denmark into your zone by steering all your players away from their puck holder.
5. When they are in your end, smash the puck holder, grab the puck and get a breakaway.
6. Stop moving right before you get into their end and hold down "X" to wind up for a slap shot.
7. The Denmark defense men should slash you or something forcing a Penalty Shot!
8. Score the shot!

Hope this helped someone.

PS. For number 6 make sure the defense men are behind you or else it WILL NOT WORK.

antnie
01-05-2008, 08:33 PM
how do you get thre break away achievement

RogueVasion
01-13-2008, 06:57 AM
how do you get thre break away achievement

A breakaway is when you go 1 vs. 1 with the goalie. To do this, I did this:

1. Let the opposite team take the puck to your end.
2. Check him so that he no longer has possession of the puck.
3. Their whole team should be on your side by now.
4. Grab the puck, make a quick dash towards the goalie and take the shot.
(Best done with two controllers)

Razza-Legend
01-17-2008, 04:25 PM
do achievements unlock after the game finishes or during????
cos i just scored in 20seconds and not got the achievement, but i havnt finished the game yet.
cheers

Lord of Orion
01-24-2008, 06:24 PM
cos i just scored in 20seconds and not got the achievement, but i havnt finished the game yet.
cheers

I believe that you have to finish the game first. I haven't played it in a while, but think that you need to wait until it is over to get them.

DJCookieUK
01-31-2008, 02:09 AM
nope (thats nba 2k7)... Just done this tonight to see and achivz flag up once goal is in (check you have it set to real time play as suggested by g4m3r7ag (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=433) above)

Also...Breakaway... If you are doing it with a friend on the shot just get your mate to keep tapping A and pulling his men back while you slide up from behind your goal. This gives you plenty of space. Also (part2) If you knock the ball back to a defender from first play. Take him round the back of the goal, take the shot in the above fashion (along with the tip about removing the goalie) then its an easy 550 points in 15 seconds (load times not inc! LOL)

killerharu45
02-22-2008, 06:52 AM
cheers

Did you do it in All Star Mode?

s0uR S33K
04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
me and my brother cant figure out how to switch to his goalie and help

themikewoo
07-20-2008, 07:03 AM
I just got the Score on penalty shot (All-Star) achievement!

I thought I would let you guys know what I did and hopes this eventually will help someone else get it.

Basically you need 2 players. One for each team. Find a friend :)

When you get into the game make sure things like icing and offside are off. Put penalties all the way up and game speed all the way down.

Now with the penalties all the way up it should be no time before you get 2 men in the penalty box.

It will be a 3vs3 game and now all you do is bring the puck behind your own net and now you will set up for the breakaway.

Once you get past the last defender hold the X button to wind up for the slap shot. Now your friend on the opposite team has to come up behind you and hook/trip you by using their right joystick.

Once you get the penalty shot your friend can control the goalie and simply move him out of the way so you have an open net to shoot at.

I got this in 2 minutes. Good luck!

j69plus1
08-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey i read your post about nhl 2k6 i still need the penalty and down 2 my gamertag is j69plus1 hit me up if your down for it.

Veetus
03-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey i read your post about nhl 2k6 i still need the penalty and down 2 my gamertag is j69plus1 hit me up if your down for it.

I think it can only be done offline because it has to be in AllStar mode. I could be wrong though.

GOG909
05-26-2009, 06:18 PM
lol just did score in first minute achievement in the 2nd second!!!! :P

mikeeeeeeeee124
07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
i realize this game is glitchy but man this is rediculous. no achievemnts popping at all. ive always read about stuff like this in threads but this is the first time im feeling the wrath. ive done everything in the game minus the penalty shot, and i am rocking a zero gamerscore in the game. Ive heard if you move your gamer profile to a memory unit, and removed your hard drive entirely the game will not freeze at the loading screen/ disable achievements. I dont have an MU anymore but have gone through 3 xboxes ( 2 red rings, 1 faulty disc try) so i went ahead a purchased an arcade console and just held on to my old HDD. Can anyone........ help me out here? can i move my gt to my internal hard drive, im pretty sure my gt wouldnt even fit on a mu.
urg im so frustrated.

This does work. just confirming. ive got 1000gs on the game for confirmation