PDA

View Full Version : New DLC Information Here!!!

Spades68
11-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Facts for All DLC

Alright from what I've downloaded some information previously stated is a little off on the forums.

Basic Information

* UPDATE * "Saved games and DLC share information that corrupts saves if the DLC is deleted from your hard drive. If you reinstall the DLC, the saves should work again". credit - Infinity Master

* UPDATE * "New DLC Plasma Cutters are usable for {1 Gun Achievement} the game recognizes them as a plasma cutter since they share nodes". credit - Downsize

* Your downloaded goodies will be available via nearest store in game for FREE (aka 0 credit cost). But you must "BUY" them for "FREE" in order to use them.

* You can carry 2 of the same weapon. Example - Heavy Dmg Plasma Cutter (In left slot), Plasma Cutter (In top slot).

* Weapons apparently share nodes with previous weapons. So if you start a new game and go to the store on the first level and buy a 2nd Plasma Cutter, but have already spent a node to upgrade your original, they both will have a node inside them in the same exact spot. Weapons remain linear through entire game, put a node in 1 weapon and its counterpart will attain the same node. Example - Say you have a fully upgraded Plasma Cutter and you grab the new Heavy Dmg Plasma Cutter, the Hvy Dmg 1 will have the same exact upgraded nodes filled in.

* Weapons have altered base stats. So if a specific pack implies that it does more damage or shoots faster then it DOES regardless of how many nodes are on any weapon. Example - If you had a Plasma Cutter fully upgraded and a Hvy Dmg Plasma Cutter, the Hvy Dmg Plasma Cutter would do more damage per shot. (This was tested on the hive mind boss, it took 3 shots to blow up a yellow bulb instead of 5 with the normal cutter)

All In-Game DLC

Elite Pack: Content includes Elite Suit DLC/Elite Weapon Skin Pack DLC combined. Both of the 2 packs listed below. Consult the next 2 DLC content items below for further information.
Price - 240 MS Points
Elite Suit: Content includes 1 suit. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 10% armor bonus.
Price - 200 MS Points

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb106/Oritz00/DeadSpaceEliteSuit.jpg

Elite Weapon Skin Pack: Content includes reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Line Gun. These guns are separate new weapons with no statistic changes other than the color of the weapons mentioned. These weapons are free for download via store in game once bought.
Price - 120 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Scorpion Pack: Content includes Scorpion Suit DLC/Scorpion Weapon Pack DLC combined. Both of the 2 packs listed below. Consult the next 2 DLC content items below for further information.
Price - 320 MS Points
Scorpion Suit: Content includes 1 suit. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 25% armor bonus.
Price - 200 MS Points

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb106/Oritz00/DeadSpaceScorpionSuit.jpg

Scorpion Weapon Pack: Content includes faster firing (shoots faster, base weapon stats INCREASED) Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The weapons also are completely reskined to mimic the look of the scorpion suit. These guns are separate new weapons with base speed for firing increased.
Price - 180 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Military Pack: Content includes all 7 weapons in the game with increased damage (Military Pack weapons will deal more base damage than default versions of same said weapon). These guns are completely reskined to mimic the military suit color scheme. They are separate weapons than the default weapons in the game.
Price - 320 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Tank Pack: Content includes 1 suit and 3 guns. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 60% armor bonus (not lying). Guns included are powered up (guessing damage increase please help confirm) and are the Flamethrower, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The suit and weapons are all reskinned with Unitology Script (lots of scribling of alien language on them). They are separate weapons than the default weapons in the game.
Price - 320 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Astronaut Pack: Content includes 1 suit and 3 guns. "Suit is level 6 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 30% armor bonus." credit - Nitroxide. Guns included are reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.
Price - 240 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Heavy Damage Pack: Content includes 4 guns. All guns have increased base damage and are the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, Contact Beam, and Ripper. These weapons have altered base stats and have been completly reskinned to look like glowing blue circuit boards. These weapons are different and do not replace defaults.
Price - 240 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Speed Kills Pack: Content includes 3 faster firing guns (shoots faster, base weapon stats INCREASED) which are Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The weapons have altered base stats and have been completly reskinned to look like caution tape. These weapons are different and do no replace defaults.
Price - 180 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Pedestrian Pack: Content includes 3 guns. Guns included are reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Contact Beam, and Ripper. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.
Price - 120 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Hot Rod Pack: Content includes 2 guns. Guns included are reskins of the Flamethrower and Pulse Rifle. The weapons have a flame look to them altering from redish orange to blue flames. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.
Price - 80 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Big Gun Pack: Content includes 1 gun. Gun included is a completly new weapon, "the gun uses "Force Energy" ammunition. Weapon has a node map and can be upgraded like any other weapon". credit - ATCS (More information please help. What does it shoot like, such as graphic, wide spread, aiming pattern. Also does Force Energy drop more frequently as if you had the force gun on you, when you holding the *Big Gun*)
Price - 80 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

__________________________________________________ ______________

If this guide helps 1 person save any money than it did its job. I obviously could use some help on this, any information inaccuracy I will correct immediatly. Pictures would be nice *please send pictures to Solostrike12@yahoo.com*. Really need the help of the community here to get this thing off the ground, I did the best I could with what I know, help me please and we can all make a sticky.

Pictures will be formatted and edited to be more pleasing to the eye and easier to skim through once I feel like I have a few more to play around with, feel free to help me out, your submissions will be credited to your user name I promise.

Hate to sound lame but *1st sticky ever!* (let me have my small victory)
________
Replays Sc2 (http://screplays.com/replays)

Diaxen
11-14-2008, 08:58 AM
This is some rather impressive work. You should come up with an achievement guide for your next project.

Wuffamania
11-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Looks great so far, how did you get your pics & info?

Skillet
11-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Elite suit hasn't been free for almost a week, man.

Nice post though.

EliorHallo
11-14-2008, 05:08 PM
i came to download the elite suite to late......... now it isnt free no more.....

swaggers
11-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I guess I will bite on the Big Gun to see what it does this week-end. Would like to whip through my Hardest mode game to finish this game off.

Raining Light
11-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Great Post!
Thanks for the info.
Now we just need the pics.

ATCS
11-14-2008, 06:47 PM
For anyone interested, the Big Gun uses Force Energy as ammo and takes usually 1-2 hits to take out any Necromorph as opposed to 2-3 shots from a regular Plasma Cutter.

I'm sure it would be amazing fully maxed out, as i'm doing right now.

Management
11-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Hope new suits make IMPOSSIBLE...POSSIBLE

Downsize
11-15-2008, 06:01 AM
I can attest that a fully upgraded Plasma Cutter from the Heavy Weapons DLC is stronger than a fully upgraded Normal Plasma Cutter. On Impossible difficulty, 1 shot to the leg and 1 to the arm of any Necromorph minion will sever the limbs and lay them to rest.

Pimpbot 2OOO
11-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Let me ask you this, I started the game on Impossible, and I'm trying to get the "One Gun" achievement at the same time. If I use one of those new DLC plasma cutters, will it not let me get the achievement?

ChopperDave00
11-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Way to go Spades!!! I just wanted to say Thanks for such an awesome DLC Guide here. I just saw the new DLC last night and was confused as to what I wanted to spend them hard earned ducketts on but you really saved me on this one. I just had to chime in and give u props man!
Thanks Again!!!

:woop:

Downsize
11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Let me ask you this, I started the game on Impossible, and I'm trying to get the "One Gun" achievement at the same time. If I use one of those new DLC plasma cutters, will it not let me get the achievement? Yes you will still get the one gun achievement. The game sees your Heavy Damage Plasma Cutter as if it were a normal one, the nodes you have in your normal one are also in your heavy damage one. Exact.

RonanN1
11-16-2008, 12:23 PM
I just both all of them today. Excelent DLC! :)

Nitroxide
11-17-2008, 06:00 AM
The Astro Suit gives 30% armor bonus lvl 6, I guess, since it's the same bonus as the lvl 6 military suit.

Asturgis
11-18-2008, 01:31 PM
This is really awsome man, thanks, but just to be perfectly clear on this, what is stronger for IMPOSSIBLE :

1) When you say "Base weapon stats increased" like for the Elite and Scorpion suit, do these weapons have the same power as the "Heavy damage pack" ?

2) Do the "Heavy weapons pack" and the "Tank pack" weapons have the same power, or is one better ?

3) And so, since I have my Military suit maxed out for IMPOSSIBLE (just started it before Gears), what do I need to buy to make IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE lol ? What weapon packs ?

Thanks guys :)

Tijntjee K.
11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
wow didn't even realise there was a new gun between all the "old" ones..

Asturgis
11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
* UPDATE * "Saved games and DLC share information that corrupts saves if the DLC is deleted from your hard drive". credit - Infinity Master (If you reinstall the DLC, the saves should work again, but this is speculation... so confirm please)

It is confirmed. What's more, if you downloaded let's say the Elite suit for free, and it is now charged, you will be able to DL it again for free, of course.

EDIT : I have now the Heavy Damage Pack Plasma Cutter maxed out, and it does exactly the same amount of damage in IMPOSSIBLE as the regular one in EASY mode, except on Brutes and bosses. That's how powerful it is. Even on the black versions of enemies and Pregnants. One shot, one limb, and if you aim right, you can tear 2 arms or legs in one single shot.

Last but not least, be careful putting on the Astronaut ot Tank suit in IMPOSSIBLE with the Military suit on : it will disappear forever (but the Tank suit is the best anyway)...

Diaxen
11-22-2008, 02:36 AM
I couldn't get the Military Suit on Impossible glitch to work, so I just went out and bought the tank suit. Usually I don't like microrapements, but I got the game for free, so didn't feel too bad about paying $4.00 US for it. I can take photos of it if you like but it's really just the Elite Suit with dark black color

Asturgis
11-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Big Gun Pack: Content includes 1 gun. Gun included is a completly new weapon, "the gun uses "Force Energy" ammunition. Weapon has a node map and can be upgraded like any other weapon". credit - ATCS (More information please help. What does it shoot like, such as graphic, wide spread, aiming pattern. Also does Force Energy drop more frequently as if you had the force gun on you, when you holding the *Big Gun*)
Price - 80 MS Points

As far as I know, this is pure BS, the Big Gun is just a regular/stronger Mega-PK that looks yellowish. It uses Mega-PK ammo. Apart from this gun, there is no other stand alone weapon on my DLC page, but maybe it didn't come out in Europe, which I doubt.

Bearded Bugs
11-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Definitely some awesome DLC for this game.

Agent JFG
11-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, great post. I was wondering how you would go about equipping weapons with new skins, but it turns out their just separate weapons. Thanks for the clarification.

Mindzeye82
11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Is it possible to equip a DLC suit if you already have the military suit on?

MrFresh
11-30-2008, 04:39 PM
You have to be online to use the DLC...if your not online it wont let you play your saved game.

Floodclaw
11-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Is it possible to equip a DLC suit if you already have the military suit on?

I'm pretty sure you can, just go to the shop and get the suit. Now, switching back to the Military Suit after switching to DLC suits? That's impossible, I believe.

Mindzeye82
12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
To answer the previous question - Yes, you can upgrade to a DLC suit from the military suit.

Bearded Bugs
12-01-2008, 03:29 PM
The "Big Gun" force gun DLC is immense!!!

k1lls1gn
12-02-2008, 09:24 AM
the scorpion suit looks sick....i want that

rockhopper
12-02-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm about to finally get around to starting my impossible mode run to get my last achievement and wanted to know which DLC to bend over for EA for and it looks like I found my answer. Thanks for the info Spades.

I will be buying the Tank Suit and the Heavy Damage pack. I will use heavy damage Plasma Cutter and Line gun and rip through impossible mode. 60% armor! Wow. That's a good purchase right there. But who the hell would buy some of the other packs with just new skins for the weapons with no stat increases? That's worse than horse armor from Oblivion.

Bearded Bugs
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm about to finally get around to starting my impossible mode run to get my last achievement and wanted to know which DLC to bend over for EA for and it looks like I found my answer. Thanks for the info Spades.

I will be buying the Tank Suit and the Heavy Damage pack. I will use heavy damage Plasma Cutter and Line gun and rip through impossible mode. 60% armor! Wow. That's a good purchase right there. But who the hell would buy some of the other packs with just new skins for the weapons with no stat increases? That's worse than horse armor from Oblivion.

Yeah the Tank Suit is great for impossible, I'd also recommend getting the "Big Gun" Force Gun DLC too, makes killing any enemy very very fun, and after going through the game once and a bit on the normal difficulty, focusing on limbs and accuracy, it's nice to just have this massive gun to blow through enemies without aiming much, killing most of them in two hits.

rockhopper
12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Bearded Bugs, you make me kind of want to switch up getting the Heavy Damage pack and get the Big Gun pack instead. My only concern is the ammo drops for it. If I work on maxing out the big gun to use throughout, will I find much ammo for it to use that gun the majority of the game? I was thinking of the heavy damage plasma cutter because I used the plasma cutter only on my first playthrough on normal and there was always plenty of ammo for it. So much so I had to sell some.

I don't want to buy 3 DLC. I'm buying the Tank suit so which one do you recommend out of Heavy Damage pack or Big Gun pack?

Greg0fTheDead
12-04-2008, 09:30 PM
this is very helpful, good post

scottydo42
12-20-2008, 01:56 PM
If i buy some DLC and use it in easy mode, will i be able to use it on other save games files/other difficulties? or does the DLC only save to one game file?

Spades68
12-20-2008, 02:58 PM
DLC is on your *ACCOUNT* not your game technically, so it will always be availible for free in the store as long as its on your hard drive.

So no matter what game save or new game you play, it will always be there. <3

geneon101
12-22-2008, 08:28 AM
i sent spades68 the screen shots of the Tank Pack pictures. so expect those up there very soon. :)

Spades68
12-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I'll sort through and edit them up best I can when I grab the time.

SpinelesS
12-27-2008, 07:17 AM
You have to be online to use the DLC...if your not online it wont let you play your saved game.

Seriously? so if I Download these, I have to be online to play?

that sucks, guess I wont bother...

geneon101
12-27-2008, 08:20 PM
personally my 360 is always online. so i can see where your coming from with this, but cant relate. suppose that it would be inconvenient to some.

Red Rowdy 360
12-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Half of that stuff should be free.

EA are bastards with MICROSOFT points.

Look at FIFA, just to get real life simulation you need to pay 1800 MS??? Or 1600, whatever that's 20$, get real!

And 80 MS for different COLOR of weapon, you gotta be kidding me, I'll rather bust my ass of playing on impossible.

geneon101
12-28-2008, 03:20 AM
agreed #39. but the actual packs i.e. tank packs aren't just them re-colored. they are base stronger then their normal counterpart

Bearded Bugs
12-29-2008, 01:10 AM
agreed #39. but the actual packs i.e. tank packs aren't just them re-colored. they are base stronger then their normal counterpart

... and the Big Gun force gun is incredibly good fun to use.

Bulletman
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Can someone confirm that you need to be online all the time to have access to any DLC?

I'm tempted to get the tank armour, but if you have to be online all the time i wont bother because there is no way i could be. I'm lucky to get online once a fucking week at the moment. There is no way i could play through the whole game online.

Bearded Bugs
01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Can someone confirm that you need to be online all the time to have access to any DLC?

I'm tempted to get the tank armour, but if you have to be online all the time i wont bother because there is no way i could be. I'm lucky to get online once a fucking week at the moment. There is no way i could play through the whole game online.

Once you've downloaded the DLC, I'm 95% sure that it gets saved completely to your hard drive, so it won't matter if you're playing offline, the content will still be available from the in-game store.

chanman
01-19-2009, 06:48 AM
The DLC looks cool, but I don't think I'll purchase them, hopefully the DLC will be free someday.

Mist
01-20-2009, 01:11 PM
I've actually heard that the Military suit is better than the Tank pack armor, since it's a level 6 suit contra the Tank armor which is a level 5 suit. That's just BS, or was it perhaps said before the Tank Pack came out?

Bearded Bugs
01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I've actually heard that the Military suit is better than the Tank pack armor, since it's a level 6 suit contra the Tank armor which is a level 5 suit. That's just BS, or was it perhaps said before the Tank Pack came out?

Both suits have full inventory slots, but the tank suit has a 60% armour rating, whereas the military suit has less than that (can't remember the exact figure sorry, it is definitely less than 60% though).

Mist
01-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Indeed, it only has a 30% armor rating. So the level of the suit has nothing to do with it?

Bearded Bugs
01-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Indeed, it only has a 30% armor rating. So the level of the suit has nothing to do with it?

Yeah the suit levels are arbitrary once you factor in the DLC, specifically the tank suit.

recklesself1023
01-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Can you still switch between the elite and scorpion suit and astro suit even though some are level 5 and some are level 6? Cause you can't go back down to a level 3 suit. Dont want to make my other dlc worthless.

Bearded Bugs
01-21-2009, 02:39 AM
Can you still switch between the elite and scorpion suit and astro suit even though some are level 5 and some are level 6? Cause you can't go back down to a level 3 suit. Dont want to make my other dlc worthless.

I had the Elite, Scorpion and Tank suits available from the store at the same time as the level 6 Military suit was available. Any DLC that you buy is always available from the store.

Namaste
01-21-2009, 08:48 PM
The DLC on there that costs 240, 320, 320, 320, 180 respectively, how much would they cost with tax and what would be the equivalent in US dollars?

GrandMstRamRod
01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
just brought this game and its ace might even get the DLC in a bit! :)

Last Shaman
02-01-2009, 04:15 PM
i got the elite suit for free somehow

massca
03-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Let me be absolutely sure before i start playing on impossible for One Gun achi - does using of TANK or HEAVY DMG (DLC) Plasma Cutter gets you the One Gun award ?? or should i only play with original in-game gun?

Please confirm! Thanks
Mike / PL

IR A IP T 0 IR
03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Hello there,

I have a question,for the "own all the weapons" achievement I must have all the regular weapons and not Heavy Damage pack and regulars mixed?

And for the "Maxed Out" achievo it must be the regular weapons and suit? because Ive playing and upgrading the HD weapons and using the Tank Suit and the Elite,Military like one for every chapter.

Thanks in advance.

Trash Man
03-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Hello there,

I have a question,for the "own all the weapons" achievement I must have all the regular weapons and not Heavy Damage pack and regulars mixed?

And for the "Maxed Out" achievo it must be the regular weapons and suit? because Ive playing and upgrading the HD weapons and using the Tank Suit and the Elite,Military like one for every chapter.

Thanks in advance.

You are correct :) It's just the regular weapons and armor that need upgrading and just the 7 weapons that are in the game at the start that you need to collect.

IR A IP T 0 IR
03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
You are correct :) It's just the regular weapons and armor that need upgrading and just the 7 weapons that are in the game at the start that you need to collect.

Ok thanks,now Im confused because Ive been upgrading the HD pack and now I must buy the regular weapons and upgrade them again and for the suit I think I must use the military or not? because you can't go back to Level 5 for example :confused::confused:

I don't know what to do :( can you tell me how exactly you did those achievements so I can do it that way too I mean I don't mind do all the playtroughs that is necessary but I don't want to waste time.

massca
03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
nah, keep the downloaded weapons if they are upgraded already, just buy the regular ones and they will be upgraded automatically as well.

IR A IP T 0 IR
03-09-2009, 11:12 PM
nah, keep the downloaded weapons if they are upgraded already, just buy the regular ones and they will be upgraded automatically as well. sweet thanks!!

metalgear
03-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Hope new suits make IMPOSSIBLE...POSSIBLE

impossible isint IMPOSSIBLE it justs takes patince and good use of ammo and health

Strikken101
04-15-2009, 03:34 AM
The Scropion suit looks sick, but i don;t play this game alot so why should i care! good posting everyone.

http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/Strikken101.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Strikken101)

The Fear is not amongst us but amongst ourselves.
If anyone can find out who said this i will give them 1200 MSP
(Not kidding)

zimzvm
04-29-2009, 06:40 AM
indeed. Scorpion Suit is amazing. I love it !
pity that there are no pictures of all of the things from DLC. and I have a question in regard to the other suits... does the suits from Tank and Astronaut packs look any different from the original ? I mean they have only improved stats or the look were also changed... it's hard to improve such excellent original design. but with the Scorpion Suit they managed to improve it slightly ! ; ]

Bearded Bugs
04-29-2009, 11:26 AM
indeed. Scorpion Suit is amazing. I love it !
pity that there are no pictures of all of the things from DLC. and I have a question in regard to the other suits... does the suits from Tank and Astronaut packs look any different from the original ? I mean they have only improved stats or the look were also changed... it's hard to improve such excellent original design. but with the Scorpion Suit they managed to improve it slightly ! ; ]

The stats are awesome with the Tank Suit, 60% damage protection or something!

Anyway yeah there is a different design with the TS, there are like marker symbols and weird words and stuff all over it, looks pretty cool.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr92/Smudger_08/DSC02596.jpg

zimzvm
04-29-2009, 01:04 PM
thank you for the pic.
it's Tank Suit, right ? awesome !

now I have only problem whether to dowload Scorpion or Tank. pity that there are is no improved Plasma Cutter along with the latter.

Bearded Bugs
04-29-2009, 01:27 PM
thank you for the pic.
it's Tank Suit, right ? awesome !

now I have only problem whether to dowload Scorpion or Tank. pity that there are is no improved Plasma Cutter along with the latter.

Yeah that's the tank suit.

Deciding which suit to download really shouldn't be a difficult choice, the Scorpion Suit has a 25% armour bonus I think, but the Tank Suit has a 60% armour bonus... and you get upgraded weapons with the Tank pack... :)

zimzvm
04-29-2009, 07:36 PM
suit-wise I'd take Tank suit any other day. but unfortunately there's no improved Plasma Cutter in the same pack.

MesoZombie
04-29-2009, 08:04 PM
so just a check

the best suit is the tank, but you dont get teh plasma cutter.....hmmm

is the suped cutter really that better then teh regular one? b/c i really dont want to shell out the almost 600 points for both

zimzvm
04-30-2009, 06:36 AM
me neither.
also I don't really know if it's better until I actually check it ; ]

I think I'd go with the Tank Suit. Plasma Cutter is decent as it is, so better armor would be better. I think...

Bearded Bugs
04-30-2009, 08:40 AM
For "impossible" mode I'd strongly suggest the Tank Suit. As you said, the game's original weapons are great once they're upgraded a bit, but the 60% armour bonus really is noticeable.

If you're serious about getting a weapon set too, then don't bother with anything except the "Big Gun Force Gun" pack (unless you're going for the "one gun" achievement of course), it's hugely powerful and coupled with the Tank Suit it makes "impossible" really easy... and it only costs 80mp too. :)

zimzvm
04-30-2009, 01:35 PM
ok, I buy Tank Suit.
it's also damn good looking.

you convinced me ; ]

MesoZombie
04-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah I think I will just get the tank suit for that run and be happy

Also the guns are fine for me being a huge re4 fan I am a dead eye with this targeting system and adding stasis is even better (kinda wish this a was a wii game thou b/c re 4 wii with the ir pointer is the greatest thing ever)

zimzvm
05-12-2009, 06:35 AM
I just noticed that Tank Suit is lvl5 suit with additional 60% of armor. and the Astronaut suit is lvl6 suit with additional 30% of armor. doesn't it make the Astronaut Suit slightly better protection-wise ?

Bearded Bugs
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I just noticed that Tank Suit is lvl5 suit with additional 60% of armor. and the Astronaut suit is lvl6 suit with additional 30% of armor. doesn't it make the Astronaut Suit slightly better protection-wise ?

No, 60% is better than 30%! :p

I think I know what you mean though... a suit's "level" doesn't directly affect it's damage protection, the Tank Suit has 60% armour rating, so don't take any notice of the "level 5" thing, it's an arbitrary system.

zimzvm
05-12-2009, 11:01 AM
ok, thanks a lot : ]
Tank Suit then.

Bearded Bugs
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
ok, thanks a lot : ]
Tank Suit then.

I thought you were going to get the Tank Suit like two weeks ago or something? :p

zimzvm
05-12-2009, 11:37 AM
yeah I was and I'm still going to.
but I spotted the different levels and I asked.

adz5000
05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
If I fully upgrade the military weapons will I still get the "Maxed Out" achievement ( I think its called "maxed out" its the upgrade one).

Pepperdog8
05-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Theres way to many dlc packs, i want to DL one but I dont know what one to get.

Revolver
05-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Theres way to many dlc packs, i want to DL one but I dont know what one to get.

I would recommend getting the Heavy Damage pack and the Scorpion suit if you're intending on finishing the game on impossible mode.

Skeleton Prince
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM
as stated earlier on the file u will still get the achievment if u use the dlc one

Skeleton Prince
06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
is this a trick question

GUNSANDBUTTA
06-21-2009, 03:04 AM
I found the best combo to be the heavy damage pack and the tank suit

Lordthomas101
07-21-2009, 09:21 PM
if you download the "Big Gun" then do you have to max it for the maxed out achievement?

Chojin
07-28-2009, 07:14 AM
For "impossible" mode I'd strongly suggest the Tank Suit. As you said, the game's original weapons are great once they're upgraded a bit, but the 60% armour bonus really is noticeable.

If you're serious about getting a weapon set too, then don't bother with anything except the "Big Gun Force Gun" pack (unless you're going for the "one gun" achievement of course), it's hugely powerful and coupled with the Tank Suit it makes "impossible" really easy... and it only costs 80mp too. :)

After reading through the thread I think i'm going to also go for the tank suit and big gun DLC.

I can't believe there's a 60% bonus!!! that's huge!

Which type of ammo does the big gun take? is it the regular plasma cutter ammo? (hoping so)

Strongbow
08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I've got the Tank Pack, but what pack includes the best Plasma Cutter?

Bearded Bugs
08-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Which type of ammo does the big gun take? is it the regular plasma cutter ammo? (hoping so) No it uses regular force gun ammunition, which is really common if you use the Big Gun all the time and don't carry many other weapons on you.

Nixxor X
08-11-2009, 10:51 PM

I wonder the same.

BigEasy
09-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi here's a pic of the new force gun :)

ValkyrieOne15
10-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Just thought I'd post a quick link to look at pictures of All of the DLC items HERE. (http://http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deadspace/dlc/dlc.htm)

Master_D
10-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey Just thought I'd post a quick link to look at pictures of All of the DLC items HERE. (http://http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deadspace/dlc/dlc.htm)

Thanks for the link Valkyrie, although I couldn't get the link to work when I clicked on it. So I'll re-post it. Thanks Again

DLC PICTURES (http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deadspace/dlc/dlc.htm)

Phenoviral
11-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Anybody else having trouble with the Scorpion pack? I can't see it up for download..?

TiLTED
01-01-2010, 08:56 PM
i blew through impossibe mode with the Tank and Heavy damage DLC in 5 1/2 hours.

headliner
01-03-2010, 04:00 AM
curious how the upgraded force gun from the tank pack compares to the big gun?? if the big gun isn't THAT much better, it seems redundant to get it (unless i'm just completely wrong and it's not just an uber force gun).

macgyver893
01-14-2010, 06:54 PM
the Heavy Damage Pack

Venguard
01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
K so, I've had Dead Space for a long time, and now I want to play it. Which DLCs should I buy, because I don't want to buy ALL(expensive). Which one(s) do you recommend?

drhay53
02-10-2010, 11:36 PM
K so, I've had Dead Space for a long time, and now I want to play it. Which DLCs should I buy, because I don't want to buy ALL(expensive). Which one(s) do you recommend?

You can get every achievement but 1 on easy. Really, those don't require any DLC, as a playthrough takes only 7-8 hours.

For your impossible playthrough the tank pack and the heavy damage pack make it much much easier.

JAcE
02-26-2010, 11:43 PM
good stuff :blunt

Phenoviral
03-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Anybody else having trouble with the Scorpion pack? I can't see it up for download..?

='(

ConfusedGeek
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
a little old, but why would you but any of these dlc?

Phenoviral
03-23-2010, 10:21 PM
To enhance your in-game character, obviously.

What do you mean?

ConfusedGeek
03-28-2010, 04:39 AM
To enhance your in-game character, obviously.

What do you mean?

sorry about that, so what i meant, why buy them? you cant get them in the game? are these better than those you can get in the game?

would any of these make it easier to fini the game on the hardest level?

thanks.

Phenoviral
03-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah, none of the items you download can normally be gotten in-game.
These aren't actually new guns,though, they're just upgrades for existing ones.

It should make the playthrough on the highest difficulty easier, but I did it fine without any DLC, and there's a thread somewhere here that supposedly lets you start again on the highest difficulty with the best (non-downloaded) armour and guns already unlocked.

My recommendation? Go for it if you really like the game, and/or think that the equipment looks cool. Don't buy it if you're only going to use it to beat the highest difficulty and then never play again.

jai92
04-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Thinking of getting the Heavy Weapons or the Tank DLC, but can only afford one. Any ideas which one I should get?

:confused:

Bearded Bugs
04-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Thinking of getting the Heavy Weapons or the Tank DLC, but can only afford one. Any ideas which one I should get?

:confused: Definitely the Tank DLC!

jai92
04-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Definitely the Tank DLC!

Alrighty then, I've just downloaded it. Is it the best looking suit in your opinion? I haven't popped in Dead Space yet, but the Unitology script weapons sound awesome!

deadpool316
06-05-2010, 03:22 PM
thx for the info

Bearded Bugs
06-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Alrighty then, I've just downloaded it. Is it the best looking suit in your opinion? I haven't popped in Dead Space yet, but the Unitology script weapons sound awesome! It's one of the best looking yeah, but my personal favourite is the Elite Suit I think. :)

Drones
07-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Tank Armor has the highest defense at 60%. Tank = Best

Corpse87
08-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Just bought the tank & heavy weapons DLC. Trying them out now!

chubbz
12-03-2010, 11:56 PM
I had the Elite, Scorpion and Tank suits available from the store at the same time as the level 6 Military suit was available. Any DLC that you buy is always available from the store.

Mine isn't for some reason. I bought the Scorpion pack, and cannot find where to equip the suit. I'm wearing the Military Suit now, but am sick of looking at it and would like a change of scenery.

Glitch in the System
12-09-2010, 03:53 AM
I think i used the tank pack for my impossible run. also, i did it with the one gun achievement. that was hard....

MediumMelanin
12-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Awesome, I didn't even know there was dlc for DS! :)

JuSt BLaZe
01-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Nice thread here Spades.
Now I only have to decide on what my points to spend, hehe.
Thought this should be in here. ;)
I'm gonna play through the entire game one more time before DS2.

YouTube - Dead Space DLC

Restricted-Access
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
OH - MY - GOD! Seriously, people? Read the damn thread - the ENTIRE thread - BEFORE you post your stupid questions that have already been answered numerous times! :mad:

Get the "Tank Pack" and the "Heavy Damage Pack." If you can't afford both... GET A JOB! If you're old enough to be playing this game... you're old enough to have a job. I was delivering newspapers when I was 8 years old (when I lived on a military base), on a bicycle, to about 50 customers. I don't want to hear that you can't afford DLC for a game you "should" be 17 years old or older to be playing! We're talking about 800 MS Points to buy, if you have none to start with. If you can't do something as simple as mow your neighbor's lawns for a few bucks... get a large trash bag and go collect aluminum cans!

Lazy, pathetic, overweight kids playing video games!!

Great info on the DLC, Spades68! Also a shout-out to those who recommended the best DLC for getting through the game, for obtaining all the achievements (after all... that IS what this site's all about).

For those who keep asking which is the best-looking suit to buy... shut-up and just buy what appeals TO YOU! Are you not able to make decisions about what you like?! The best-looking suit that I saw in the Dead Space DLC video is the one from the "Obsidian Pack!" Unfortunately, that is either a PS3 exclusive, or was a pre-order exclusive... but it isn't on the Xbox Marketplace.

JuSt BLaZe
01-19-2011, 02:36 AM
OH - MY - GOD! Seriously, people? Read the damn thread - the ENTIRE thread - BEFORE you post your stupid questions that have already been answered numerous times! :mad:

Get the "Tank Pack" and the "Heavy Damage Pack." If you can't afford both... GET A JOB! If you're old enough to be playing this game... you're old enough to have a job. I was delivering newspapers when I was 8 years old (when I lived on a military base), on a bicycle, to about 50 customers. I don't want to hear that you can't afford DLC for a game you "should" be 17 years old or older to be playing! We're talking about 800 MS Points to buy, if you have none to start with. If you can't do something as simple as mow your neighbor's lawns for a few bucks... get a large trash bag and go collect aluminum cans!

Lazy, pathetic, overweight kids playing video games!!

:eek:

This guy has some serious aggressive disorder problems. Maybe some people shouldn't read the ENTIRE THREAD so they won't get off like a rocket....Just a thought....

Restricted-Access
01-19-2011, 08:50 AM
No... not at all. Either you think it's alright to raise kids to not learn how to work for a living... or you're one of these kids that needs to learn how to work for a living!

It isn't like the game can't be played without DLC. I just think it's silly these kids can afford a game console that cost a few hundred dollars (or whatever the monetary system is where you live), and the expensive games to play on it... and whine about not being able to afford some cheap DLC.

Get a job or do without!

Oh... obviously, not "ALL" kids are the way I described... but it's more of a generalized assessment. Do you want to see another 10 or 20 messages here from kids who can't afford "both" recommended DLC's? I won't expound on it more... that will make this thread go off-topic.

Poirot
01-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi, can you dl any DLC with a save already started and the new weapons/suit will be in that game ?

ChaosTheory2
01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
When I first got the game I didn't know what was good so I got the Scorpion pack because I thought the armor looked great, and the Heavy Damage pack because...it's heavy damage. I like slicing stuff. My roflknife go slicesliceslicesliceslice.

JuSt BLaZe
01-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi, can you dl any DLC with a save already started and the new weapons/suit will be in that game ?

YES + already UPGRADED as far as you did it with your suits. If not, you will start @ zero (New Game). You can load ANY SAVE POINT and you will have your/the DLCs in the next store in stock. ;)

Poirot
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for your answer ;)

SanadavengencE9
01-27-2011, 12:11 AM
The scorpion pack looks awesome and I also got this DLC as a gift from a friend.

JuSt BLaZe
01-27-2011, 01:26 AM
The scorpion pack looks awesome and I also got this DLC as a gift from a friend.

Yeah I played with it too, after I got bored with the Tank-Suit.

thrush
03-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Just Wondering I downloaded some dlc for this game to help me on impossible but i still need the achievements for killing 30 creatures with each gun type as i done the one gun chieve on normal

I'm now on chapter 5 and have been using the pulse gun since the first store and the line gun since chapter 2 but no chieves have popped

does the dlc stop these achievements popping or is it because i'm on impossible and you have to do these on a lower difficulty setting

Ryuukishi
03-25-2011, 08:09 PM
curious how the upgraded force gun from the tank pack compares to the big gun?? if the big gun isn't THAT much better, it seems redundant to get it (unless i'm just completely wrong and it's not just an uber force gun).
I am wondering this too, anyone know? I'm already finished with the game but I'm just curious, is the Big Gun an uber-weapon like the Foam Hand in DS2, or is it comparable to the Heavy Damage Force Gun?

Anyway, Tank Suit + Heavy Damage Plasma Cutter + Tank Line Gun + Tank Force Gun + Heavy Damage Pulse Rifle = Epic Tier 3 Engineer achievement. :)