PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Survivor?

MyAbsolution
11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Who is your favourite survivor? Who will you 'probably' play as the most?

Personally I like Louis the best. He reminds me of Ben from Night of the Living Dead, the main character.

Potato Bus
11-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Louis FTW.

I don't know why, but I will leave lobbies until I'm able to get Louis as my character. There's just something about playing as the last black guy in the world (ok, so there are almost definitely other black people that are probably alive in the game, but whatevs :p)

That and I don't particularly like playing as female characters when given the choice, Bill is too cliche for me, and Francis... well, a biker named Francis? Sounds a bit weak. Plus, Louis has a suit. CLASSY.

garbfink
11-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Francis for me, He's well 'ard!, especiall for someone called francis

Deyankees1
11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Zoey, I always pick the chick if thats an option in almost every game I play don't know why just do. Plus she's hot lol.

SuperNova X2X
11-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Zoey.

There's just something about being the character with boobs. Lmao :D

Plus it makes more sense when you scream "The zombies are raping me!!"

True I Skill
11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Francis..

And if he is taken i choose the girl,
The other 2.. well i dont want to be an old man.
and the other guy looks too much of a buisness man.
Francis just looks like some super cool rockstar zombie
slayer dude. I think they should of let you customize your
own charicter tho, and team even. and let the 4 charicters
they give u as optional charicters.

BigFellaJake
11-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Bill has to be the best for me. a cliché Vietnam character fighting hordes of zombies is fun. Besides, if horror films are anything to go buy, being Louis means you might not live to see the end of the game.
Did anyone prefer the old model they had for Francis over the new one now?

Peter Panyc
11-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Zoey, I always pick the chick if thats an option in almost every game I play don't know why just do. Plus she's hot lol.
yeah im with you on that. i always try to play as the girl. idk why i just love it

jacob456
11-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I always like to be the black guy in games. Like in Gears my COG character of choice would always be Cole, so I went with Louis. Also, when playing through the demo with my friends I'm usually the one who takes the most damage. The black guy always dies first :(.

Genesis x360a
11-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Zoey for me - Im always the female character when there's an option to choose, I dont no why its a wierd habit lol :p

Potato Bus
11-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I always like to be the black guy in games. Like in Gears my COG character of choice would always be Cole, so I went with Louis. Also, when playing through the demo with my friends I'm usually the one who takes the most damage. The black guy always dies first :(.

lol, I am the exact same (I am white, btw). Sometimes I play a litte cut-throat (teammate on the ground surrounded by a horde = moltov all of them to save myself), and every one loves to blame the black guy...

Anachronism
11-15-2008, 01:29 AM
My favorite survivor would have to be Bill. I love old people! Plus my grandfather is a veteran too.

IRONMAN
11-15-2008, 01:30 AM
the babe for reasons i cannot express.

Absolutionz
11-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Bill is a badass. Reminds of the old man from Blade.

Nastadon
11-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Zoey. Mainly cause when I join a room I'm stuck playing as her, so I just pick her now and run train on the zombies!

Ortep
11-15-2008, 02:29 AM
Louis for no other reason than the face he pulled during the cinematic when something scarred him. It was priceless.

Pyroman31
11-15-2008, 03:08 AM
Louis. Hehe.

Illution
11-15-2008, 05:02 AM
Zoey.
in honor of my ex.
HA!

PerpetualHell
11-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Mine would have to be either Louis or Zoey but since I had to vote I voted Louis.. Only for one reason though. He reminds me of Bill Cosby, haha :p

Kwyjibo3637
11-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Zoey...cause I always choose the girl if I have the option!.except in mass effect..I couldn't get one that didn't look like a man!

if I can't be Zoey I go for the guy in the suit..cause suits are classy!

eTron000
11-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Did anyone prefer the old model they had for Francis over the new one now?

I liked the long hair, long beard model.

Also, doesn't it look like Louis should be saying, "Where is my super suit!"

TatteredRagDoll
11-16-2008, 11:28 AM

Though I know why I do, I'm a girl so it makes sense. LoL

Soap of Death
11-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Louis, I like to use the laugh voice command and his is the best.

SuperNova X2X
11-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Zoey for me - Im always the female character when there's an option to choose, I dont no why its a wierd habit lol :p

Same here. That's why I love the fact that they are including females in more games these days. They just don't look right in Fable 2 though, especially when you've upgraded your physique.

And there's just something about a women being the power figure that's kind of hot. Take Lara Croft for example. You don't see me getting an erection over Indiana Jones.

jobless sam
11-16-2008, 03:04 PM
i like the guy with the shotgun don't know who that is but he's cool

Potato Bus
11-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Just a quick note about Zoey: Apparently she is voiced by Jen Taylor who also did the voicework for Cortana in Halo...

I'm still rolling with Louis though. Something about that damned suit...

Lukhuta
11-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Bill, definitively! I love this old military, tired of fighting yet surviving the best he can!

DreadZer0
11-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Bill.

Anyone with a Millitary cap and an epic beard means one of two things.

1) He's been in the millitary, and knows how to fight.

2) Give him a bit of a shave, dye his hair back to the original colour, remove his hat, and you've got...CHUCK NORRIS!

Sheriff Sjarrol
11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Louis, everytime is see him i have to think about shaun from shaun on the dead but then he is black. And bill is also cool, just because he did a sort of leading in the intro. Son, we just crossed the street. That was just a brilliant end of the intro. Zoey is also ok but francis is just stupid cause he said ''Merry cristmas'' and they try to make me and others laugh about it but i didn't.

APX
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Louis, hands down, the greatest and typical character to put on a game.

He's black, he's the last black man alive, he's somewhat thug (SOMETIMES) and come on, it's just funny as hell going infront of everyone into a new area.

If not, Zoey, just because I killed the AI when she complained that she would die in one shot... and well,, I had a sniper rifle and well it kinda aimed at her head and yeah... she was telling the truth. :D

monk2112
11-18-2008, 08:43 AM

Personally I like Louis the best. He reminds me of Ben from Night of the Living Dead, the main character.
Zoey is my first choose, and bill my secondary.

kikkoman
11-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Louis all the way. I'm gonna prove that the black man will not die first like in all horror movies!!!:uzi:

Giantsonic
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Bill is my fav. I don't really know why actually, he's just awesome.

laundryman
11-18-2008, 10:48 PM
I like Bill the best. I was forced to play as him in the demo with my friends and it just stuck lol.

BigRog69
11-19-2008, 12:27 AM

Personally I like Louis the best. He reminds me of Ben from Night of the Living Dead, the main character. They modeled him after Simon Pegg's character Shaun in Shaun of the Dead, from the clothing (white shirt red tie) down to the bio (both working as assistant managers at electronic stores which are both dead end jobs)

And ya, that's why I play as Louis too.

BigRog69
11-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Just a quick note about Zoey: Apparently she is voiced by Jen Taylor who also did the voicework for Cortana in Halo...

I'm still rolling with Louis though. Something about that damned suit... I thought that sounded like Cortana during the opening video to the game lol. All I could picture was Zoey turning around and freaking out about the covenant.

SiftRock
11-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Chicago Ted. That man's a fucking legend.

From the four you listed though, Bill, I love how angry he is on getting things back to normal.
Zoey: "Hey... think things will ever go back to being peaceful?"
Bill: "I'll find peace back on earth even if I have to kill every last one of these animals with my bare hands!"

Tussell
11-19-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm going with Louis!
There's no doubt in my mind they based him off of Ben from Night of the Living Dead. I mean, zombies in game, zombies in movie... It's just all too coincidental otherwise...

I mean, you say Shaun of the Living Dead, but there had to be a combination... At least I hope so.

eGEORGE
11-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Zoey ftw...I started using her because she was the only char. left before each match. Now I just like her.

BigRog69
11-19-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm going with Louis!
There's no doubt in my mind they based him off of Ben from Night of the Living Dead. I mean, zombies in game, zombies in movie... It's just all too coincidental otherwise...

I mean, you say Shaun of the Living Dead, but there had to be a combination... At least I hope so. they went on the record saying he was solely based off of shaun.

CriscoDisco878
11-19-2008, 03:28 AM
zoey, because i was last to join in on the demo game w/ my friends and ended up with zoey ever since then ive chose to be her

RizlaFino420
11-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Francis, but i prefered the older model for him. the full beard and beer belly just looked cooler. more biker-esque.

Hoebagger
11-19-2008, 05:45 AM
I always like to be the black guy in games. :(.

I KNOW! ME TOO! and I never noticed until someone pointed out that I did...

Tussell
11-19-2008, 06:13 AM
they went on the record saying he was solely based off of shaun.
Man, that's depressing... I mean, Shaun of the Dead is a great movie, and really put itself to the top of the comedy horror genre, but I'd much rather see something classic like Night of the Living Dead. Either way, they did a good job making him feel like Ben...