PDA

View Full Version : Game Freeze: UBISOFT cant be allowed to get away with this

ao4real
11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
This is a real disgrace, and a real lack of disregard for its customers demonstrated by ubisoft, and they must not be allowed to get away with it. I parted with my hard earned cash and bought this game only for it to be freezing after 4 per cent completion. I have restarted the game so many times, and get the same problem, and i am now glad to say i simply threw the game in the bin, as to me that is the only suitable place for it. I ask all people here to think of ways to petition ubisoft and let them know what they are doing is daylight robbery.

SevDelta
11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
This is a real disgrace, and a real lack of disregard for its customers demonstrated by ubisoft, and they must not be allowed to get away with it. I parted with my hard earned cash and bought this game only for it to be freezing after 4 per cent completion. I have restarted the game so many times, and get the same problem, and i am now glad to say i simply threw the game in the bin, as to me that is the only suitable place for it. I ask all people here to think of ways to petition ubisoft and let them know what they are doing is daylight robbery.

Jesus Christ, did you have to post this 4 times in 4 different threads? At least make it unique and switch the wording around or something.

I haven't experienced any type of freezing but a friend of mine did. I'm working with him to find a cause for it. Nothing so far though.

ao4real
11-14-2008, 08:40 PM
well sevdelta mate
Im only voicing my concern over something which is extremely frustrating to me and many others. So im free to post where ever i feel fit

If you have useful information to share, then by all means pls do so, if not dont bother responding

jon5445
11-14-2008, 08:54 PM
How do you know its ubisofts fault. There could be a problem with the xbox itself.

ao4real
11-14-2008, 10:02 PM
well mate bcos i did my research b4 i made the posting and found out its is a common problem with many people
perhaps if u took a look at some of these other popular forums. It is a widely reported problem which ubisoft are reluctant to acknowledge

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944400&topic=46252573
http://en.gamers.com/news/view_2755.html
http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/11/04/far-cry-2-freezes-on-xbox-360/
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10272&Itemid=39

killerc0P
11-14-2008, 11:05 PM
well mate bcos i did my research b4 i made the posting and found out its is a common problem with many people
perhaps if u took a look at some of these other popular forums. It is a widely reported problem which ubisoft are reluctant to acknowledge

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944400&topic=46252573
http://en.gamers.com/news/view_2755.html
http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/11/04/far-cry-2-freezes-on-xbox-360/
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10272&Itemid=39

Did you think about exchanging your game at where you bought it from could be a bad batch of discs. I doubt its the game as it would be very widespread. I never had any problems.

ao4real
11-14-2008, 11:52 PM
it is very widespread
all u hav to do is goggle it and u will see the results

BrandonPckrfn
11-15-2008, 04:03 AM
I haven't run into this, but my friend did. He got pissed, called tech support and they over night shipped a new copy to him. Have any of you called them before complaining? Or throwing it in the trash? Come on dude, at least trade it in, but throw it away?

MyNamedMittens
11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Same thing happened to me, but I lost a good 57% of the game. Am I pissed? Hell yeah! Did I give? God no! This game is good, you just didn't give it enough time to appreciate it, or maybe this isn't a good type of game for you.

b1indedbyfear
11-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Just happened to me guess Ill call for a new one. This game would be great if it wasnt for driving 5 fucking minutes just to kill somebody in 30 seconds.

jaferris
11-15-2008, 06:23 PM
it is very widespread

cant be very widespread
played the ps3 version lol fine on there no probs
===
played on m8s 360 version exactly the same no problems

onafets
11-17-2008, 03:12 AM
After looking for all those stupid Diamonds and finding them all my game freeze at 65% completed. This Is retarded. The things we as gamers do for a measley 10 gp.:mad:

Tactful
11-18-2008, 09:21 PM
The problem with "doing research" is that you'll only find people on the internet complaining about a game. There are never any threads on any forums stating "My game arrived in perfect working order. Bravo!", That would just be stupid.

If 10% of the discs malfunction Ubisoft have still made a profit. They don't care about you, and neither do I.

My disc is in perfect working order, Bravo!

666priest
11-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Okay guys and gals this is the wrong place to start venting and starting petitions. This is an Xbox 360 achievement based website and not the developer website. I can understand many of you are upset (It's happened to me) but only post here if it's achievement related (Like if the glitch/freeze is preventing you from getting an achievement) or if you're looking for buddies.

Ridza
11-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Just thought I'd add my two cents here. It is a fairly common problem. From what I can ascertain it is something to do with your save game. I luckily had made a save only about an hour before when mine died in the arse. So i reloaded that and then many times throughout the game (between 70 and 90%) i would have save games not load at all. I just started saving absolutely everywhere i went into new saves (ended up with a hundred's of MB worth of saves) also made me play about 15 percent of the game without dying or reloading cos I as too scared it wouldn't load. A quick look on the Ubisoft forums shows how widespread this is and how little idea Ubi seems to have. Too anyone with this issue it basically seems to be corrupt saves so just save often in different slots. Any one who hasn't had this issue just save in different slots to be safe. After all it didn't happen to me until I had nearly completed the game. I've got about 50 saves that do work and about 10 that don't so I'm pretty sure it's save related.

Ridza
11-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Oh and BTW I tried with different copies of the game too (on different xboxes as well). It's not the disc.

Raider
11-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Huh, mines only ever frozen once. And that was after I uploaded the game to my HDD.

MEA7HOOK
11-21-2008, 06:52 PM
The problem with "doing research" is that you'll only find people on the internet complaining about a game. There are never any threads on any forums stating "My game arrived in perfect working order. Bravo!", That would just be stupid.

If 10% of the discs malfunction Ubisoft have still made a profit. They don't care about you, and neither do I.

My disc is in perfect working order, Bravo!

Stupidest thing I've ever heard. You know why there are never any threads stating, "My game has arrived in perfect working order?" Because they're supposed to work and it's generally expected, especially if the game is new. If you get a bad disc then why not complain about devs? Don't be such a giant smartass.

agentplatypus
11-22-2008, 11:13 PM
I've had no problems at all. I've had this since day 1.

Balamatrix
11-23-2008, 12:33 AM
i dont own the game personally but i rented it from gamefly. It froze up on me a few times while playing and one of my saves wouldnt load. what i started doing was everytime id save i would save to a new file keeping five files at a time. after they started getting crowded id manually delete the 3 oldest. I think the part of the problem exist in continually overwriting saves. It sounds like its leaving part of the old data behind causing some save corruption. If you are fortunate enough to have the room on your hd i would recommend uploading the game to your hardrive, at least until you beat the single player. After i uploaded it I havent had a problem since

Ace Xtreme
11-23-2008, 08:54 PM
i dont own the game personally but i rented it from gamefly. It froze up on me a few times while playing and one of my saves wouldnt load. what i started doing was everytime id save i would save to a new file keeping five files at a time. after they started getting crowded id manually delete the 3 oldest. I think the part of the problem exist in continually overwriting saves. It sounds like its leaving part of the old data behind causing some save corruption. If you are fortunate enough to have the room on your hd i would recommend uploading the game to your hardrive, at least until you beat the single player. After i uploaded it I havent had a problem since

I posted this else where but my game saves wont load no more!!! I'm 82% into the game and all 3 of my saves wont load! Rubbish!

Ridza
11-24-2008, 02:36 AM
I put the game on my HD and it made absolutely difference to the bodgy saves I had. But your right the only solution at this time is multiple save slots all the time in case your last one doesn't work. As for people who haven't had any troubles have you actually finished the game. Didn't feck up for me until 80 odd percent so I thought I was trouble free as well until then.

bloodswan
11-24-2008, 11:36 PM
It is a bit of a disgrace that a game so anticipated has a bad technical error like this. I managed to get around it and finish the game but I can understand the frustration. I was prewarned of the loading bug and was very careful with each save but I guess the point is I shouldn't of had to worry about it. Every time I played the fact that I might have to start again really played on my mind. Eventually I just completed the game in one hit from about 60% out.

LordBunnyHunter
12-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I can't load my save anymore. I'm not at 60% and every time I try to load, it freezes. Any help? There must be something to do because I've already spent 18h with the game.

Jae Brav
01-15-2009, 06:37 AM
it is very widespread

I bet you don't even have the game and troll forums trying to bash any good games because you are a hater. Especially since you seem to post everywhere so as if to make sure that a lot of people see it. And I really wish people like you didn't have a clue how to use google to get your refill of haterade. Boo-hoo bitch. Find a solution or take it back for another game dipshit.

Jack_x2yz
01-15-2009, 07:40 AM
I bet you don't even have the game and troll forums trying to bash any good games because you are a hater. Especially since you seem to post everywhere so as if to make sure that a lot of people see it. And I really wish people like you didn't have a clue how to use google to get your refill of haterade. Boo-hoo bitch. Find a solution or take it back for another game dipshit.

Have you not read the thread? He is not trolling and he is bashing with good reason, Ubisoft messed up! Lots of game saves are going corrupt and freezing for no reason and the dev don't care. Also just to annoy you off I'll bash this game because it's got huge faults in it such as the amount of traveling, the repetitiveness of the game and finally how many glitches there are but all that aside your a jack ass. I dont get why so many people are trolling on this guy for creating this thread and how many people think he is makeing this freezing thing up? Has this world mutated to trolls? Is that what we have become :(

UkBull3t
01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
not froze on me once or glitched of any sort just your bad luck ^^

dalo10
01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Im 50% thru the game in the southern district.
First did all cell tower missions there, second arms dealer missions, third all diamond cases & tapes and now all side missions from buddies at Marinas Bar.

At this point is where the game starts freezing on me quite often (maybe 3 or 4 times within 45 minutes last time I played).

Asked a friend and the same happened to him as well, but only in the southern district.

So sad, I like the game otherwise :(

BulletsOfFury
01-16-2009, 03:42 AM
mine froze ( as well as a friend of mine) at 88% would not load i had a save at 78% it would not load as well. i read somewhere that if you get all the diamond cases that your game wouldnt load anymore. that is not true. i had a save at 50% that would not load as well. i finally installed the game on my h/d and my 50% save worked but my other ones did not. so i started there. then i got all but one diamond case to get thru to the end but it froze again at 80%. i started making alot of new saves and started back again finally competing the game. my friends game would load his last save but it did load the one before that. i read somewhere that ubi is trying to find out what causes it as they dont know and cant replicate it. if you do google it there were 100's and links about it. the best i can say it keep multiple saves just in case and make sure you keep one at or around 50% in case you higher ones stop loading.

doylepaul
01-16-2009, 05:45 PM
SACK UBISOFT is what i say! Its no wonder its called FAR CRY. I will never buy anoyher ubisoft game again, let them go bust!

Strongbow
01-16-2009, 06:15 PM
It is really annoying and most of all wrong, a hell of alot of people have had problems with this glitch and UBI are yet to fix or even acknowledge the problem (officially) or appaulogise, it's been going on for ages now across PC, PS3 and 360 and I doubt it will ever be fixed. It's even worse when it happens around 60-90% and you are unable to finish the game, I have tried to play through Far Cry 2 twice but have yet to get past 68% I have returned my copy for a new one but the problem still occurs, if you are having this problem it would be best if you posted here with your details on when the glicth/bug occured.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821007696/m/5701009107/p/1

Skillet
01-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I've had no problems with the game yet. I think I'm at about 60% complete.

Honestly, GAMES HAVE PROBLEMS.

Dirty disks, overheating consoles, Xbox Live glitches... there are tons of things that can cause a game to freeze.

And honestly... searching google is fruitless, okay? Check this out:

Halo 3 Freezing: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Halo+3+freezing+problems&aq=o&oq=
Gears of War 2: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Gears+of+War+2+freezing+problems
Fallout 3: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Fallout+3+freezing+problems
Left 4 Dead: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Left+4+Dead+freezing
Bioshock: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Bioshock+freezing
Assassin's Creed: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Assassin%27s+Creed+freezing

Do I REALLY have to continue?

Fact is.... it's the internet. People bitch. It's what you are doing. Games glitch... deal with it.

DemonI81
01-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Ubi must be held responsible for their horribly glitchy games. The only way to do this unfortunately is to stop buying their games. Since they make the Naruto games and Assassin's Creed it'll be hard for me. I borrowed Prince of Persia from a friend because I didn't want to give Ubi my money again. So if they make a game you really wanna play for some reason, borrow it, rent it, buy it on ebay or a used copy from a game store so Ubi doesn't get the money for it. When their sales start to really drop, they'll be forced to stop their bullshit.
Another thing, Far Cry 2 was advertised as having fully destrctible environments. We all know this is utter BS. If someone has, in any form, a copy of any of the advertisments stating this, a class action suit over false advertising could get us all our money back.

Skillet: Kids like you are the reason these companies get away with this.
"Games glitch" This shows you're a kid because games didn't always glitch, this is new, since consoles came out that support patches. Now the companies don't pay testers, they let their customers do the testing. Then they fix what they can in very little time and for very little money and leave every other problem in there.
If you buy a car and it's got problems, you return it for a full refund. You don't continue driving it, waiting for them to come up with some ducktape to patch it. Video game developers should be held responsible for these highly glitchy games. They should be forced to refund the cost plus the shipping it takes to get the game back to the studio. If this became law, EA and Ubi would be out of business within the year or they would drastically change their mission statements.

Another thing: Ubi has patched the PC version several times (I know) and the PS3 version at least once (I think). Ubi also stated on their forums that PC gamers will be getting free stuff that we get charged for. They continue to ignore the 360 version though and not acknowledge any of the problems specifically.

Creech
01-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Enough with the bitching already.

:locked