PDA

View Full Version : What is it?

What The Buck?
11-15-2008, 11:22 AM
What is it with little black haired girls that make them so scary? :p

I swear i cant put my finger on it.

miguel56
01-13-2009, 02:31 AM
little girls with black hair make me go running down the street screaming as well.....I feel your pain XP

laundryman
01-13-2009, 08:53 PM
I guess it's the fact that it's a little girl in a strange setting that's scary.

It's probably some neurological mumbo-jumbo.

squid5580
01-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Cuz male gamers have a natural fear of girls?:p

Pyroman31
01-19-2009, 11:36 PM
It's that she jumps out at times you're already tensed up from the game.

Bishman293
01-22-2009, 06:24 PM
No its true i cant figure it out wither i mean u have the grudge (scares that absolut s**t outta me), the little girl from the silent hill movie. funny i dont think a blonde version would be as scary, but i suppose we kinda think that little girl is gonna kick the crap outta us no matter what we do:uzi:. so that will prob add to the fear.

Jamoo 1
01-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey aint her name Alma???

Bishman293
01-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey aint her name Alma???

Yea it is Alma

A 2rue boofer
01-27-2009, 04:05 AM
in the demo she came out atleast 20 times and i nearly peeped my pants every time

Butters
01-27-2009, 05:00 AM
The little scary girl idea comes from Japanese horror movies, that's where they got the idea for her. The fact that she's a girl and a young one at that, makes gamers, especially males, feel awkward because it would be a lot easier to picture beating up, shooting, or killing, a boy or man. The aspect of what you don't see is what scares you also comes into play, with her hair around her face most of the time, which makes her mysteriously scary too. I personally don't get scared often by these games, I just love the content and game play. Hopefully Fear 2 will make me shit my pants more often.

UkBull3t
01-27-2009, 01:03 PM
The little scary girl idea comes from Japanese horror movies, that's where they got the idea for her. The fact that she's a girl and a young one at that, makes gamers, especially males, feel awkward because it would be a lot easier to picture beating up, shooting, or killing, a boy or man. The aspect of what you don't see is what scares you also comes into play, with her hair around her face most of the time, which makes her mysteriously scary too. I personally don't get scared often by these games, I just love the content and game play. Hopefully Fear 2 will make me shit my pants more often.

u have a point but looking at your signature if im aloud to comment im gona say that ur signature is a load of lies.. you wernt first to complete f.e.a.r files

cincychaos
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
The dark hair also adds to the mystery because it allows her to blend into the background more, making it seem like she only has part of her face since the rest is covered by her hair. I think it also makes it creepy when she is walking slowly towards you because everyone knows that if you are a badass villain, you walk slowly and confidently to your next kill.

Butters
01-27-2009, 09:43 PM
u have a point but looking at your signature if im aloud to comment im gona say that ur signature is a load of lies.. you wernt first to complete f.e.a.r files

Pertaining to your claim, yes I DID complete F.E.A.R. Files first. Here...

http://www.my360stats.com/games/first2finish/

Deathblow23
01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Something worth noting about the FEAR series is that Monolith does a great job of bringing everything together...and by that I mean story, mystery, graphics, art direction...but maybe most importantly...SOUND! The first game was so tense and terrifying because, hell,...you could scare yourself when you kicked over one of those friggin' buckets!!!

The flickering lights, the voices that would chime in,...Fettel's comments,...the odd chimes and music. It all came together nicely...and the fact that Alma could completely melt a human being into a pile of bones and blood didn't do those who played it any favors.

KemicalSupreme
01-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Back in 2004 and 2005, Ring was a very popular movie here in the USA. Alma reminds me of that girl from the Ring.

UkBull3t
01-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Pertaining to your claim, yes I DID complete F.E.A.R. Files first. Here...

http://www.my360stats.com/games/first2finish/

sad lier you wer just first person out of the people who signed up on that site doubt it was the world

Butters
01-31-2009, 07:55 AM
sad lier you wer just first person out of the people who signed up on that site doubt it was the world

Argue all you like but this is way off topic...

ANYWAYS, I agree that sound is a huge point of the games, along with the condemned series, monolith is a master of sound and tension.

o0EVIL0o x360a
01-31-2009, 07:12 PM
I feel sorry for FPS and horror enthusiasts who have not given FEAR or Condemned a try. Like Butters said, Monolith is really a master of what they do. The graphics on the original FEAR games are a little dated, but that doesn't change the fact that the games are simply amazing to play through. They got just about everything right.

laundryman
01-31-2009, 07:34 PM
I feel sorry for FPS and horror enthusiasts who have not given FEAR or Condemned a try. Like Butters said, Monolith is really a master of what they do. The graphics on the original FEAR games are a little dated, but that doesn't change the fact that the games are simply amazing to play through. They got just about everything right.

Agreed. I'm not much for horror movies, but horror shooters are strangely appealing to me.

F.E.A.R. is a vastly underrated series with a good plot, fantastic gameplay, and sequences that are genuinely scary.

I G0NZ0 I
02-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Michael Jackson....

icypinksmurf
02-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Cuz male gamers have a natural fear of girls?:p

Ohhhhh.. That one hurt, ouch. :P