PDA

View Full Version : Bottles "Stop n Swop" truth 6000 notes.

deano ward
11-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Obviously unobtainable.

But at least this game ends all that Stop N Swop stuff with an result.

KingBroly
11-15-2008, 11:30 PM
What's the point of this topic?

deano ward
11-15-2008, 11:36 PM
to share curiosity

Whistler
11-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Hmm don't think it's unobtainable. But 1900 notes in total but that's not included lotto, 1250 extra there. So 2850 to go then, hmm. But sure there are some more stuff that's not counted in the 1900. But if you have bought anything else it's surely unobtainable.

The stop and swop mystery was in the previous game also, it had the ice key in it then. And there's a ice key in this game also! So there's probably one step to solve this achievement. Maybe you have to get the ice key from BK arcade or something..

KingBroly
11-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Considering each Jinjo in Showdown Town gives you...I want to say 50 notes, that's 300 right there, and then you get 50 for each Minjo I believe too. So...600 notes extra there. And considering Jinjo challenges give you Notes too...not sure how many notes that is. So...might be possible if you don't buy ANYTHING.

B1GgYsMA1lz
11-16-2008, 07:07 AM
wow someone should try getting every single possible note

chokemaniac
11-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Jinjos and Minjos give you up to 125 notes. You also get the amount twice for freeing the Jinjo and locking up the minjo.

I think its possible to get 6000 notes. Maybe in the end its 5999 :P

Tactful
11-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Someone already hacked the game. Bottles says something like "Thanks for the notes, You'll have to discover Stop n Swop for yourself!". It's all over the Rare forums!

Basically you have to get the Stop n Swop items in the arcade game, then "Swop" over to Nuts & Bolts and you find special mumbo crates!

KingBroly
11-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Someone already hacked the game. Bottles says something like "Thanks for the notes, You'll have to discover Stop n Swop for yourself!". It's all over the Rare forums!

Basically you have to get the Stop n Swop items in the arcade game, then "Swop" over to Nuts & Bolts and you find special mumbo crates!

That's seriously a dick move.

deano ward
11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
imagine how pissed off you'd be if you had collected all those notes. only to have them drained away for nothing

Pyroman31
11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Oh man that's terrible. Haha thank god I didn't try that...

Itsbrown4606
11-16-2008, 09:55 PM
That's seriously a dick move.

After what they pulled in Banjo-Pilot, you're surprised?

deano ward
11-16-2008, 10:54 PM

I think i must have missed the one in Banjo Pilot...what happened?

pezjono
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM

So who is this that "hacked" the game and how did they go about accomplishing this? The game hasn't even been out a week!

I need some pics or a video to believe it.

Itsbrown4606
11-17-2008, 03:27 PM
I think i must have missed the one in Banjo Pilot...what happened?

IIRC, you were able to trade 999 Cheato pages for SNS information and Cheato just ended up telling you, more or less, to stop playing the game and read a book.

KingBroly
11-17-2008, 08:12 PM

I never played Banjo Pilot. Or Banjo-Tooie. Or Grunty's Revenge. The first time I played a Banjo game was last Monday when I got the XBLA game.

Tactful
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Firstly, 6000 notes is unnobtainable in the game. 900 + 6(200) = 2100. The maximum number of notes in the game is probable around 5000.

Members of the Rare Witch forums scanned a "text file" of the games code, Hex-editing or whatever. I don't know that much about software decryption but I assume they just searched the mass of data for a text string with "stop n swop" in it. If you want to know the details then Google it you lazy shit.

Stop n Swop works by you having a save file in Nuts & Bolts, swapping over the the BK Arcade game, finding a bunch of eggs/random hidden objects then swapping back over to Nuts & Bolts where a cinematic will show you special Stop n Swop mumbo crates.

More games should have interconnectivity like this, for the fanbase.

Saracin
11-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I like the Stop and Swop, although the items appear to have no real use except look. Makes me wonder if Banjo-Tooie will have anything. They should have also added in things that would appear if you have saves from other Rare games like Perfect Dark 0, Kameo, and the Viva Pinata games.

mjc0961
11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Google it you lazy shit.

Was the flaming really necessary?

Daggermn
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone. This thread has been helpful, but I wanted to throw this out there. I just beat Banjo-Kazooie (360 arcade) and I got the full 200 pts on it. At the end Bottles talks about the Stop n Swap between Banjo-Kazooie (arcade) and Nuts and Bolts. He shows you some pictures as hints as were to find these items. I can't remember exactly where each one was, but here is what I remember:

Sorry if I can't remember the names of the levels.

1). 2nd level (beach level). There is a island that comes up (I don't know how) and inside there is a column that you have to clime by jumping in holes on the side of the column.
2). Gobi's Valley (desert level). There is a door you enter by the spot where you last meet Gobi on this level (the one right before he leaves). Inside the door is a tomb with a sarcophogus and inside is an egg.
3). Snow level. Inside the walrus' cave, near where you got the jinjo, there is a ice key.

If there are any more, I'm sorry, I can't remember. If anyone has any tips on how to get to the first one, that would be helpful. I have no idea how to raise the island out of the sea.

Blue Radium
11-21-2008, 11:06 AM
There are overly long cheats that make the eggs and key available in the arcade version. You type in the cheat by ground pounding the letter on a large floor you have to run around on. For example, to gain access to the ice key you must input:

CHEATNOWYOUCANSEEANICEICEKEYWHICHYOUCANHAVEFORFREE .

I am not joking. They force you to spend around 10 minutes of your life, entering a cheat code. There is also an individual code for all 7 eggs.

The purple egg code, for example, is:

CHEATOUTOFTHESEAITRISESTOREVEALMORESECRETPRIZES.

Rare really pissed me off with these codes -.-

deano ward
11-21-2008, 05:13 PM
you don't need th codes if you've played nuts and bolts before playing the arcade version. they are already up and ready to go. you just need to collec them.

Itsbrown4606
11-21-2008, 06:12 PM
There are overly long cheats that make the eggs and key available in the arcade version. You type in the cheat by ground pounding the letter on a large floor you have to run around on. For example, to gain access to the ice key you must input:

CHEATNOWYOUCANSEEANICEICEKEYWHICHYOUCANHAVEFORFREE .

I am not joking. They force you to spend around 10 minutes of your life, entering a cheat code. There is also an individual code for all 7 eggs.

The purple egg code, for example, is:

CHEATOUTOFTHESEAITRISESTOREVEALMORESECRETPRIZES.

Rare really pissed me off with these codes -.-

Quit whining, it was the same in the N64 version and it was fun entering those long codes. Especially, CHEATAGOLDENGLOWTOPROTECTBANJO...

Tactful
11-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Fucking good idea, I'd have loved to have a Dastardos Shovel weapon. This is why I love companies like Rare, cross-references in games are awesome.

XxBanjodudexX
04-20-2009, 03:35 AM
wow someone should try getting every single possible note
Ill do it i guess i like collecting not

BenderRobot
04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Ill do it i guess i like collecting not

Whats the point when we already found out Bottles says the following:

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you, and we couldn't show that in a game with this rating. Put it out of your mind and think happy thoughts! Thanks for the notes!".

TCzelusniak
06-05-2009, 06:18 PM
So to get the stop and swop wotking do i have to have nuts and bolts, and both the arcade games?