PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy it it's really bad

brosif74
11-16-2008, 02:42 AM
just telling you so you don't waste money on it the songs are covers, the gameplay is bad and nothing is compatable with it

http://card.mygamercard.net/community/xba/brosif74.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/brosif74)

Lucent Beam
11-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Nothing is compatible? What are you talking about?

But yes, the game is bad. Especially on drums, sometimes you will have a 8x combo and then not change your speed at all and then be missing all of them. It's really stupid.

kovenant
11-19-2008, 04:32 AM
when i first heard about this game i planed on buying it because im addicted to music games like gh and rock band. i dont care that they are all covers i just like having a realy huge song library to play. after trying this from gamefly first i have changed my mind. there is no way im buying this crap. just the way the notes scale hurts my eyes after a song or two.

HumpedMetal
11-24-2008, 11:16 AM
when i first heard about this game i planed on buying it because im addicted to music games like gh and rock band. i dont care that they are all covers i just like having a realy huge song library to play. after trying this from gamefly first i have changed my mind. there is no way im buying this crap. just the way the notes scale hurts my eyes after a song or two.
It does hurt my eyes after a while but i wouldnt say its bad. Most of the songs sounded like Live versions of them. some are HORRIBLE like Chop Suey. But other than that, This game deserves more than bashing. I love it because its a unique game. Just play it with friends, its funner when you screw around in the music studio.

curtisg43228
05-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I would say it was bad if i had spent $59.99 on it, But i picked it up at gamestop the other day for $14.99 so for the price i paid its pretty decent. Even thought the songs are covers i could care less, its got some pretty good songs on the disc much to my suprise.I havent started my drum career yet but the guitar at medium is pretty fast paced. They had some fresh ideas to give you something different, for $14.99 i would recommend this game if you really like all the other music games.

ApochWeiss
05-17-2009, 10:17 AM
It just dropped to $10 new recently and I'm considering grabbing it next time I'm at GameStop and have $10. I think it's worth it for the game, never played it but I figure it'd be some easy points at least if I REALLY hate these songs.

Stufin135
05-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Well it came out here thias friday and every site had it down for 17.99 new. That is a very low release price consider most games come out at 39.99-49.99. I might wait a few weeks to see if it goes lower and if not pick it up. I don't care if it's that bad, I like bad games :)

Lustyofthegoat
05-18-2009, 03:58 AM
I just bought this game today because it was $10 and I said "why not." Yeah well I should have just said no because this game sounds terrible...hurts my eyes and is just a pain to get used to. The drums are pointless to play because it shows all the pads that the Rock Revolution kit has and not just a 5 pad version for rock band drums. It's honestly not worth the money....even if it is only $10:(

I'll just return this game and spend another $10 and get a 1600 point point card for rock band songs.

Kenu
05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I just bought this game today because it was $10 and I said "why not." Yeah well I should have just said no because this game sounds terrible...hurts my eyes and is just a pain to get used to. The drums are pointless to play because it shows all the pads that the Rock Revolution kit has and not just a 5 pad version for rock band drums. It's honestly not worth the money....even if it is only $10:(

I'll just return this game and spend another $10 and get a 1600 point point card for rock band songs.

You do know you can change that in the options, right?

After all of the bashing I've read about the game, I was actually positively surprised. I think it looks alright and the songs being covers don't bother me too much. In my opinion, 'Last Resort' sounds better than the version in Rock Band.

I really enjoy playing Rock Band 2 myself and I will keep playing that most of the time. I just don't think Rock Revolution is as bad as people make it seem. Then again, I've only played it for a few hours.

Alfman1
05-19-2009, 11:45 PM
I agree with you Kenu..

This game isn't THAT bad.. It would be alot better if the highway was bigger and didn't go from top to bottom.. Thats my only queery.

Also.. I feel that the drums on this are a blast..

Finally something that is hidiously challenging!!

LoveAGramm
05-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Ive considered it but never caved in as of yet.

ponypo2001
05-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Arrived today and in all honesty,I'd rather chew a used tampon than play another second.I'd be here all night if I listed what's wrong with it.Maybe,just maybe I'd like it a little more if the POS would calibrate properly.I can FC a lot of stuff on expert RB and GH but can't even come close on this as they seem to have charted out of time on a lot of the songs and notes just drop randomly.

No bass career and no vocals = lazy.
Drums are a total joke and it's not made obvious that you can use a RB kit.I had no idea till reading this thread.
The challenges are just silly and add nothing.

I think it speaks volumes that the game has been delayed week after week here in the UK.The developers just didn't want the shame of releasing it.Back to the real rhythm games methinks.

Alfman1
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
It really isn't that bad..

The reason you can't FC stuff on this is because you haven't played it as much as RB or GH.

If you actually bothered to give the game a chance you would get better at it..
Don't get me wrong.. Its a fairly bad game compared to RB/GH but still.
Also just because you can't do the challenges doesn't mean they don't add anything..
They make the game 10 times harder which I personally like.

Please post a picture of you chewing a used tampon as this would be entertaining :)

ponypo2001
05-21-2009, 04:08 AM
It really isn't that bad..

Please post a picture of you chewing a used tampon as this would be entertaining :)

I'll not take back one thing I said above,the game is just shit.But,one thing I love is that we are all entitled to our opinions and I always respect other's views whether I agree or not.

I will consider chowing down but I think I'd be arrested if I posted a picture as well ;)

wolvieware
05-21-2009, 02:52 PM
I got it yesterday - and its not too bad. Its perfectly playable, if not very good. The verticle scroller takes a while to get used too, and the covers are awful, but it does do one thing right - it introduces challenges to the songs which is a new take on the music guitar genre so far.

Alfman1
05-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I'll not take back one thing I said above,the game is just shit.But,one thing I love is that we are all entitled to our opinions and I always respect other's views whether I agree or not.

I will consider chowing down but I think I'd be arrested if I posted a picture as well ;)

I agree.. But to say you're rather chew a tampon than play it was a bit extreme :P

And we both know you're gunna play it at least to 960G haha

And aslong as it didn't come out of a child, I think your own problem would be the mods not liking it ;)

ponypo2001
05-22-2009, 05:06 PM
I've seen far worse posted to be honest without moderation but I will accept a slap on the wrist if it offends anyone and also apologise.

'll certainly play for a few more points but I cannot for the living life of me get the game to calibrate properly on my TV.GH and RB are no prob but this game either will not callibrate or the timing is really weird.What was your experience with it as you seem to have owned the game totally.Did you have any trouble with it not registering strums and with the timing? Heck,I can;t even 100% something on beginner due to this problem :/

Alfman1
05-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I didn't mean it offended me man.. I just meant its not THAT bad..

True its shite compared to GH or RB but I wouldn't chew a tampon to get away from it :P

I had absolutely no trouble.. I didn't calibrate and I pretty much FC'ed the whole game.. I got over 30 FC's on sightread and alot of songs were -1 or -2 so I obviously had a wail of a time when suddenly Am I Evil comes out of nowhere. :P

I got the 1000 in 3 days and the only trouble I had was with ridiculous challenges but then again.. Thats exactly what they were supposed to be.. A challenge..

ponypo2001
05-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Guess I just have to keep fiddling till I get the magic numbers then I guess.I'm still not sure how tight it is compared to GH and RB.Basically,when it came out the case,it was really out of calibration.I fiddled a little and it was much better but still not quite right.I've since tried another 2 times but can't seem to get that magical calibration.I think if I ever do get it sorted,my opinion might rise a little,but as you've said,it ain't a patch on the other games out there and with Metallica coming out next week,I really want to get as much done on this as possible lol.

Alfman1
05-22-2009, 06:19 PM
What kinda TV do you have?? If its a HD try putting the visual lag to -20

ponypo2001
05-23-2009, 09:15 PM
What kinda TV do you have?? If its a HD try putting the visual lag to -20

Now that worked a treat.FC'ed the first 2 songs straight after doing that an am finally able to actually play.MY eyes go real screwy from the scrolling but hell,at least it's somewhat in sync now.Thank you for the tip.

Alfman1
05-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Thats ok.. I charge by the sentance and accept cheques! ;)

lol I don't even have a HD tv :P

I can't remember where that number came from :S
It just popped into my head..

One of my friends must of told me...

Anyway.. Glad it helped... and you WILL get used to the note chart man..
Trust me.. Everytime you play it you'll be like.. Ok this isn't as bad as I thought and you'll like it more and more :P

I'm looking forward to doing the american version when I get my NTSC console.

Coadster1
05-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the info. :)

fronkde
06-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Is this game worth $25 US, incl drum kit and guitar (whole thing brand new)?

Alfman1
06-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I'd say yes.. no doubt... but prepare for another RR flaming.

Blue Radium
07-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Using some coupons that had gathered dust, I was able to buy this game for 1 dollar 84 cents from Gamefly. I figured for that price it was worth it, for the sake of the new tracks to play. I'll just have to get over the nauseating highway setup this game has.

halfiepint
07-17-2009, 04:29 PM
You can only use the rock band drums if you start the game with just the drums plugged in. If it's plugged in WITH the guitar, I found it doesn't recognize.

I got a used one on amazon dot com for $3.67, it's OK but I sure as hell wouldn't have spent more than that.

Guitarr Steve
07-27-2009, 02:20 PM
I got this game for $3.99 and I get to keep it forever so I think I got a pretty good deal. The problem is I pretty much hate it and won't even think about getting 1000 for it, maybe 700 at the most?

wolvieware
07-30-2009, 10:03 PM
I do find you kinda get used to its flaws and work around it.

Just don't play GH or RB in the meantime, because when you go back to this it feels even worse! Currently aiming for the online achievements, then I'll be done with the game.

Armor42
08-04-2009, 08:14 AM
just bought a new copy at Best Buy for $2.50 :P

Starz 007
08-24-2009, 03:42 PM
It's actually not as bad as everyone made it out to be. It's definitely a bargain title, and the covers are not all fabulous, but for $5-$10 it is well worth it for anyone who enjoys rhythm games.

shocellist
08-25-2009, 09:12 AM
For $5 at Game Stop, I'd say it's worth a try. I haven't seen the controllers for Rock Revolution anywhere (not that I plan on buying them). Is the game really so bad that it isn't even worth $5?

MightyD88
08-28-2009, 01:12 AM
I bought a new copy at Gamestop for $4.99 So technically it is cheaper than a rent price and even if this is a flop, its fun to get achievements and even listen to some music for under a fiver + tax.

Levex817
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
There is no doubt that this game is the WORST of the WORST when it comes to music genre games. I am dissappointed I ever payed money for it, I got suckered in by the attractive song list, but man what a big mistake that was. Would much rather play a game like hannah montanna or that stupid pony game than this, and I am a 24 yr old male, so what does that say about this game!

reficuz
09-16-2009, 03:50 AM
is game compatible with the gh drums?

Lucent Beam
09-16-2009, 03:57 AM
Yes, but you have to make sure to change the options away from the 7-pad setting to 4-pad setting.

iruhlman
09-17-2009, 01:17 AM
just bought a new copy at Best Buy for $2.50 :P

it's 4.99 new so i just used a rewards coupon for 5 bucks a got it for free!

the game isn't that bad, i actually like some it. can't beat free

x352x pH
10-05-2009, 10:40 PM
this game is a piece of shit.. not worth the $4 i bought it for, the notes never register even when you're hitting them directly-on.. i easily play expert on all rock band and guitar hero games and i cant even perfect a song on fucking medium and it gives me 2 stars for 97%?? wtf.. this game is terrible

Phydeaux
10-11-2009, 05:03 AM
this game is a piece of shit.. not worth the $4 i bought it for, the notes never register even when you're hitting them directly-on.. i easily play expert on all rock band and guitar hero games and i cant even perfect a song on fucking medium and it gives me 2 stars for 97%?? wtf.. this game is terrible
Well. The star ratings don't exactly translate to the percentage. It's more about how long your streak is rather than the stars being a total added up. Also, star power.

If they're not registering, calibrate, man. The window is VERY forgiving considering it'll let you continue a streak if you just get a "good" rating on a note rather than hitting it "perfectly" like in other games.