PDA

View Full Version : This game sucks

dankenobi
10-08-2006, 09:16 AM
GOt this game yesterday and took it straight back, its a pile of shit and im not wasting my time on it. Plus the need for speed carbon demo is out and it looks quality so i will wait to play a car tuning game thats worth playing.

DaKing240
10-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Care to explain why the game is bad?

pbd Kakashi
10-08-2006, 02:43 PM
GOt this game yesterday and took it straight back, its a pile of shit and im not wasting my time on it. Plus the need for speed carbon demo is out and it looks quality so i will wait to play a car tuning game thats worth playing.

u have 0 gamerscore for this game.. u didnt even give it a chance and u prolly sucked at it.. just because u couldnt get a good car at the begining or w/e, need for speed games will never compare to other racing games.. the screwed up on underground.. carbon might be decent but it wont compare to ITC tuning.. nuff said. :drunk

Webb
10-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Just because you don't get achievement points in any game does not automatically mean that you suck. He probably didn't like it, so never tried for the achievement points. Surely that is actually allowed now :p lol

TimidKillah
10-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Well, I do have the game and I am enjoying it. However, this game will never make it to the EASY 1000 list. It took me about 3-4hours of straight play before being able to get just 10pts. If you're into racing games, its worth a look(rental). If you liked Tokyo Extreme then this is for you. If you like racing games but haven't played TDU, Burnout, or NFS, start there first. Its not the best or prettiest racer on the 360 by any stretch of those words.

HellzManik
10-08-2006, 03:02 PM
I rented the game on Friday. I played it for 10 hours yesterday.. I got 4 achievements..My win rate is like70%-80% though

I acctually enjoy the game.. I'm just a fan of all racing games though.
The game confused me for the first couple of minutes but after I caught onto it I was Kicking ass. I will probably buy the game as soon as I can find it USED...

Ps~ If you dont like the game you would NEVER get these achievments.

PeAcE

dankenobi
10-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks webb. I was stating my opinion that i think the game sucks, the graphics and gameplay are way below the standard they should be and i found it to be a bit boring, it doesnt mean everyone will think as i do about it.

Its like marmite you either like it or you dont and i dont.

And pbd kakashi, sending insulting messages over xbox live is something little kids do, get a life you loser.

HIGH PSI
10-16-2006, 05:09 AM
ive clocked this game i think its got lots of potential but could have been alot better. i used to own the original "tokyo extreme racer" on ps2,it had 3 times as many cars and that was on the nugget ps2. im sure the lazy bastards could have had just as many cars,the game is the same size. and the mods cost a crazy amount of cp,and it depends on the car too,cost more for anything for rx7 than rx8.:uzi:

Chi-gti 97
10-16-2006, 08:00 PM
I got to admit, i did want to return this game the first day. But now that i have understood the gameplay, i am addicted to it now.

:drunk

acenase
12-27-2006, 07:02 PM
I got this game and played it for about 10 minutes and thought it sucked ass. However, I really wanted the Toyota Supra (JZA80) which was ~5,000,000 CP so I decided to play it again. I kept playing it until I got enough money to buy that car and I started upgrading it and now I am at a Single Turbo (Level 5) and I have been playing this game from 8 AM - 11PM STRAIGHT. Kinda sad huh?! Well, I almost beat the game and I got like 12 Achievements in 1 single day. It definitely takes a lot of 'getting used too' to like this game. I am eager to play it now just to make more money to upgrade my Supra to it's MAX and get 1000 Achievement Points. I also own PGR3 and TDU and even though this seems more lower budget than those games, it's still a lot of fun!

elvisgardner
01-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Me being a fan of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series since the DreamCast (Wow, anybody even remember that? lol), I continued to get TXR Zero and 3, for the PS2, then Drift. I had this game in my store for a while but never even bothered to give it a second glance. When I brought it home (somebody asked about it and I wanted to be able to give my opinion) I was amazed that it was the new TXR, so I got pretty ooke don it (when I'm home). The only disappointing feature is that, its not a budget $20 like all the rest have been.

StabaCadaver
01-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Me being a fan of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series since the DreamCast (Wow, anybody even remember that? lol), I continued to get TXR Zero and 3, for the PS2, then Drift. I had this game in my store for a while but never even bothered to give it a second glance. When I brought it home (somebody asked about it and I wanted to be able to give my opinion) I was amazed that it was the new TXR, so I got pretty ooke don it (when I'm home). The only disappointing feature is that, its not a budget $20 like all the rest have been.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was into it back in the DC days. I used to love finding someone on the road that I haven't beaten. Just flash them the lights and smoke em. Very basic game, but it's fun for sure. It doesn't really need next gen graphics in my opinion. I also think it should have been $30 from the start.

JJBDude
03-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Right I am soooooo lost on this game. I picked the most expensive car I could with the $3,000,000 I was given (was $2,450,000 i think) and then bought Level 2 Nitro and then I go into a race and I can't win to save my life. Firstly I don't really understand how you win, I mean suddenly the meter in top left corner goes down and disappears then I lose, I am thinking this game isn't an actual racing game but instead a "stay infront of the opponent for a certain amount of time to win", if this is the case then omg lame. But yeah help me out someone I'm so confused, I tried 5 races and am unable to win any as my car goes like 110 MPH tops which is extremely poor and already I'm getting to the desperation point with this game. Someone please guide me in the right direction. :)

killlah631
03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
i can get this game for 25$ used... its probably been said but whatever how much gameplay should i expect for the 1000? the achievements seem easy but look like they could be time consuming if the races are spread out or whatever...

Rhys
11-24-2007, 02:18 PM
thought the game sooooo... anoyimg and boring the repetativ music made me fall asleep the storyline well if there was a storyline is not very good its still on my games stack though but its wont be there for much longer.

Ubermedic
10-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Right I am soooooo lost on this game. I picked the most expensive car I could with the $3,000,000 I was given (was $2,450,000 i think) and then bought Level 2 Nitro and then I go into a race and I can't win to save my life. Firstly I don't really understand how you win, I mean suddenly the meter in top left corner goes down and disappears then I lose, I am thinking this game isn't an actual racing game but instead a "stay infront of the opponent for a certain amount of time to win", if this is the case then omg lame. But yeah help me out someone I'm so confused, I tried 5 races and am unable to win any as my car goes like 110 MPH tops which is extremely poor and already I'm getting to the desperation point with this game. Someone please guide me in the right direction. :) Buy the 180sx and tune the shit out of it! Lower the front, raise the back, loosen the front brakes, and adjust the gear ratio to your liking. It's only got 5 speeds, but when the level 4 engine only costs 1 mil. It makes up for it.

DreadZer0
11-12-2008, 06:43 PM
i used the '92 Supra, until i got a skyline, got bored and started playing saints row...

NWH SHAGSTETR
02-26-2009, 12:00 AM
i think its an ok game not the best and can b mind numin had it 4 ps2 and it was good then but it dusent look like thay even bothed with updating it ig better grafix and so on deffinetly not an esey 1000g

1nice-rex
02-26-2009, 02:50 AM
I kind of liked it. thought it was better than the NFS games. its more realistic than those games. Definitely not and easy 1000g. ??? is really hard to beat.

edwin89
05-02-2009, 02:57 AM
no one listen yo dankenobi (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=2778) he doesnt know what he is talking about, this game is te best racing out so far. sure it doesnt have the coolest graphics like need for speed, but its better then need ofr speed in every other way. if u really know about cars u should get this game.

danowat32
05-03-2009, 09:08 AM
I just got this for 3 off ebay, and for 3 quid, its a bit of fun, very different from everything else about.

Tuning is nice, car selection is fairly good, its a very "japanese" game, graphics aren't as bad as everyone makes out IMO.

I guess it could be a bit confusing to those not used to this type of game, and the fact that there are only a handfull of "tracks" people could see it as a bit boring.

All in all, for 3, its a fun little discraction, nowhere near as good as Midnight Club, but if you are after a tuning/highway battle japanese game, go for it.

JonathanT32
07-23-2009, 02:19 AM

Probally because you SUCK at it..:eek:

blue silk
01-15-2011, 03:24 AM
I don`t understand! This game is pretty good! This is the only racing game I have but I have played other ones. It is an easy simple game. And I love that it has Teams and that it`s based in Tokyo! The customization isn't that limited and the colour are so strong and stand out... I rated this game 70%...

Snowwwwy
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
It sure does sound like one of those games that does suck, so yeh, I aint surprised really haha.

DrunkenSin
04-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Unlike the people who hate this game, I love it. I just blast the Maximum Tune OST and it gets me in the mood to play the game. I even read all of the rivals information. Sure it may not have a car list like Forza or Gran Turismo but not even in those games can you see your engine being changed by doing upgrades to it. If they make another TXR game with a bigger car list and improved graphics/gameplay I'd buy it.

blue silk
04-25-2011, 12:15 PM
I've finally started to take this game seriously, and I'm at the part where you face the Phantom 9. It's much better then I thought it was now that I've reached Phantom 9. I love the crazy epic intros for the bosses. If they came out with Import Tuner Challenge 2, I'd definitely get it.

youngjaz
06-19-2012, 01:31 AM
On my dreamlist

littleghost
02-19-2014, 10:35 AM
I've been looking at it but read very different revieuws about it....
Question to you guys: Would it be worth 20,=?