PDA

View Full Version : cheap ass online characters

Comrade D Rock
11-18-2008, 08:29 AM
everyone plays as either subzero or flash, and spams the same 2 moves for both characters. it's complete nonsense to even try to play, because everyone playing online plays like a punk. anyone else run into the SC4-esque move spammers, or is it just me? and the sad thing is, the only way to fight back against flash is with subzero. how wacked out is that?

Slipknot1988
11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I haven't trie donline (I just rented the game this morning) but I'll consider this a warning so I don't smash my last, already-broken controller lol

ApochWeiss
11-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Add Scopion and Darkseid to that list. Tired of those two and the button spammers. but then again I rock as Shang Tsung and some may consider my attacks button spamming, though they really aren't. My main complaint is the lagging response time to the controller. I MUCH prefer Dead Or Alive 4 then this MK abomination...

If you have a FAST internet connection, send me an invite. i'll game. Will be looking Wednesday for fresh meat...

Ortep
11-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I've heard Jax has a move or two that can be spammed.

D3adcell86
11-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Superman already has an infinite so just wait until you run into that.

Ortep
11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
So by the sounds of it practically everyone has an infinite. It's just a matter of who is playing them?

IRONMAN
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
The classic debate of any fighter. Guys/girls, it's a pointless argument. This has been waging war since the first fighter game ever made. If it can be done in game without hacking/glitching, then its technically not cheating.. but its cheap as hell and i hate it haha.. But oh well, just find a way to counter, sink to the same level if you have too and well, glhf.

Yaeyah
11-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Ya I havent gone online yet but this is the case with almost all fighters as IRONMAN said. It happens and you either have to hope you get someone who doesn't spam or just start spamming yourself...

shallowgrave21
11-20-2008, 02:51 AM
I usually be Sub-Zero. But I don't spam. Usually ill do his teleport move maybe 2 or 3 times then hit them with the ice and freeze them. I know its kind of cheap but I've gotten so good with Sub-Zero over the years that its not second nature to be able to confuse people, freeze them, then lay out a huge combo.

NOTE: Any character with a teleporting move can easily stop a button spammer.Trust me. Ive gotten the Humiliation! achievement about 3 times off of button spammers by teleporting.

http://card.mygamercard.net/shallowgrave21.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/shallowgrave21)

BigManRob215
11-20-2008, 05:37 AM
add Capt. Marvel to that list...that bear hug move is a pain in the ass!!! my online record is only 1-9 lol, good thing the ach. is for PLAYING 10 matches not winning them lol

SNYPER E
11-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Getting this game saturday, nothing annoys me more on these type of games than button spammers.

BigApple3AM
11-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Lol, did anybody really expect anything better from Mortal Kombat?

TPB Desperado
11-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Cheap characters are all a matter of opinion. Every single character is going to be accused of being cheap, especially if you lose to that character a lot.

Sub-Zero's moves are all easy as hell to counter. If he does the teleport, uppercut his ass when he appears. If he uses the Ice Nugget, sidestep it. I think I've been beaten maybe 1 time by a Sub-Zero....in fact, whenever anyone chooses him, I know they're about to get beat down.

Flash is a pain, but if you use Block correctly, you can hit him with a decent combo every time. If you suck so bad that you cant beat a Flash whore, try using Scorpion and use the move where he sets himself on fire....every single one of Flash's moves is a physical attack, so he wont be able to hit you.

I saw Superman's infinite on Youtube and that thing is damn near impossible to pull off. I havent even seen anyone use Superman and spam anything.........all of his moves are counterable. I use him as my main character, but if I try to spam anything, I'll get smacked around. The shoulder charge leaves you vulnerable to an uppercut or good juggle combo if blocked, his Freeze Breath has limited range and takes a while to pull off, his ground pound is weak and easily dodgeable, and his throw and air breathe moves are easily avoidable.

The only character I've seen online that is a pain is Shao Kahn. The top 3 players on the Ranked Leaderboards use him and him only. They spam the fireball and when you try to get in close, they hit you with the Shoulder Ram.....a good teleporter (Like Scorpion or Raiden) should be able to take them out, but I havent tried it yet.

joshnorm
11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Its really not that bad. find a character that you can combo up and block. Dont turtle it up but block normally and pull your combo. I use Lex Luthor since I can knock out his combos with ease. Just keep playing and you will do fine.

Also remember back in the ol MK days when people would spam Lui Kang Flying Kick or how about the Sweep in the corner. It happens just get used to it and play.

Brambledamble
11-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, I already ran into someone who does the Superman dual ground stomp infinite - and yes, it has no counter at all. Talk about balance.
The Flash also really sucks, I mean he is the perfect noob character.
All the noobs are playing Flash or Superman online. Hopefully they'll release a balance patch soon.
Or a "remove DC, put in gore" patch :p

SuperNova X2X
11-21-2008, 05:46 PM
It will always be the same with any fighting game. Online completely ruined Soul Calibur 4 and will probably do the same with this.

Brambledamble
11-21-2008, 06:05 PM
It's not so hard to release a balance patch, even for a fighting game.

Patchnotes 1.1:
- Superman's ground stomp now has a 3 second cooldown along with all other ground stomps
- Removed Flash's "spin" ability
- Deathstroke's grenade now does 30% less damage.
- Lex Luthor's melee strike no longer stuns the opponent.
- improved animation/hit check on some of Captain Marvel's special attacks.
- Lowered the maximum damage of Klose & Free Fall Kombat to 20%.

And if you don't wanna mess up your Single Player game, apply this patch only for online games. Easy fix.

TPB Desperado
11-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah I finally ran into a Superman infinite user last night. I use Superman myself, but this guy just ground pounded me the entire time. I never got up.

I think he was in the Top 30.

joshnorm
11-21-2008, 10:39 PM
It's not so hard to release a balance patch, even for a fighting game.

Patchnotes 1.1:
- Superman's ground stomp now has a 3 second cooldown along with all other ground stomps
- Removed Flash's "spin" ability
- Deathstroke's grenade now does 30% less damage.
- Lex Luthor's melee strike no longer stuns the opponent.
- improved animation/hit check on some of Captain Marvel's special attacks.
- Lowered the maximum damage of Klose & Free Fall Kombat to 20%.

And if you don't wanna mess up your Single Player game, apply this patch only for online games. Easy fix.

Agree with most of these fixes if with the execption of Flashes Spin. You can only do that twice back to back and can be blocked.

A Satyr
11-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Counter with a cheaper character...

SUGER BUMPS
11-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Yeah you get your dudes that CANT PLAY FOR THEIR LIFE. They just do the same garbage over and over and over. Take this dude Safahr. Hes rank 2nd and he is PURE GARBAGE. I played him multiple times. First he would pick Raiden, then ALL he did was keep his distance, throw his projectile, then if you get close he would do the projectile that burst right when released (so it comes up really short). He beat me twice. Then when I broke through his garbage ass cheese he couldnt hang with me. I defeated him pretty much every time after that. Meet up with him several times later...only for him to pick Shao Kahn and do the same exact thing with him. Keep his distance, throw projectiles, then do the shoulder ram. He is PURE TRASH. How about actually LEARNING how to fight and give GOOD competition?

Brambledamble
11-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Counter with a cheaper character...

Sorry, you can't counter Superman because he's the cheapest.

Tapion
11-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Played just a bit online just now. Ran into a Captain Marvel as described above. Beat him though, fought a Superman and guess an ok/bit cheap Batman. Been using Kitana. But enough for one night :p